• starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If I dont find something funny i usually give this :huh:

ditto
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't. But I don't laugh at women's jokes that aren't funny, either.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't fake laugh. If something isn't funny, I will straight up tell my boyfriend it wasn't funny or that it was a lame attempt. With that said, he is pretty funny most of the time.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Maybe the jokes are funny and your sense of humor is $#!t.

Actually I have a great sense of humor but the women who stand their sounding like hyenas even though it was the lamest joke ever, annoy me.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I don't fake laugh. If something isn't funny, I will straight up tell my boyfriend it wasn't funny or that it was a lame attempt. With that said, he is pretty funny most of the time.

That's what I do, then he sticks his tongue out at me and says he won't talk anymore so I give him a kiss on the cheek and say something along the lines of "thank God". Hehe.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I grew up being "one of the guys". I often enjoy men's sense of humor. I only laugh at what I find humorous.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I grew up being "one of the guys". I often enjoy men's sense of humor. I only laugh at what I find humorous.

Ditto.
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when guys try too hard to be funny. Like, they tell one good joke and it makes you laugh the first time, but then they just say it 500 more times that day and it gets annoying.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's funny that it's not funny at all.
    You know, like it's comical that his joke was absolutely not funny, but he was trying so hard, poor thing :)

Also, sometimes it's just a nervous giggle. Not necessarily "Oh, that was so funny!" More like: "I have no idea what you said, I wasn't even listening, God.. you're so cute...*giggle*"
    I do the nervous giggle thing haha.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't fake anything! If it's not funny... I don't laugh..
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You know, like it's comical that his joke was absolutely not funny, but he was trying so hard, poor thing :)

Also, sometimes it's just a nervous giggle. Not necessarily "Oh, that was so funny!" More like: "I have no idea what you said, I wasn't even listening, God.. you're so cute...*giggle*"

Now that makes sense. You may continue to laugh when things are not funny.

I do sometimes laugh at lameness, from either gender, not because it was funny, but because it was so lame i couldn't help but to giggle at the absurdity.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

That's true. My 4 year old tells the lamest jokes and when I tell her it's not funny she doesn't believe me because I always laugh at how not funny they are.

-knock knock
    -Whose there
    -ba
    -ba who?
    -ba poopie doo doo face
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

That's true. My 4 year old tells the lamest jokes and when I tell her it's not funny she doesn't believe me because I always laugh at how not funny they are.

-knock knock
    -Whose there
    -ba
    -ba who?
    -ba poopie doo doo face

Well that's a little different, everything our children say is hilarious until they're 10.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Politeness? Desire to get laid?

If you need to fake it to get laid you're doing something wrong.

Just fake it while your getting laid?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Politeness? Desire to get laid?

If you need to fake it to get laid you're doing something wrong.

Just fake it while your getting laid?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

I still consider that doing something wrong.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If a man's joke is not funny I just do Tim Allen's impression from Home Improvement "Hurrh!" . Then shake my head and say sweetie NO
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Personally, I never fake it

Guys LOVE when women don't fake it. ;)
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I laugh sometimes to make him feel more confident in himself but if he is always cracking jokes that are not funny, I stop so he will get the hint. For me it's an ice breaker sorta. I like to seem as friendly as possible.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I know that nobody wants to accept this but maybe the joke was funny but you didn't get it?

Maybe it was funny but wasn't funny to you? I know I don't get those "yo mama" jokes but apparently alot of immature folks find them funny

And you also have to keep in mind that when some people are attracted to other, they like alot of things about them that they normally won't. That includes laughing at their lame jokes. They're not always faking it, they sometimes just find it funny coming from that specific person.

ETA: To be honest, the way you took this thing so seriously to make an entire post about it suggests to me that you probably don't get humor. Which is fine, not everybody is funny or is able to laugh at jokes
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    there's a difference between funny and stupid and most of the time guys tell stupid jokes that leave me looking like this -.- or like this .__. they may call me a ***** or whatever but if something is not funny i wont laugh