Ladies...

Options

Replies

• Alissakelly
    Alissakelly Posts: 119
    Options
    I do laugh at just about everything.

Guy, Girl, child, rents, grandparent, friend, stranger .... It doesn't matter who says it I usually do find any persons bad jokes funny. Sometimes they are so bad that, that in itself makes the situation hilarious and I burst out laughing.

But, I wouldn't force a laugh if I didn't find any humour in a situation, you can tell when people are faking: its very stiff or exaggerated, and can come across as desperate in certain situations.

to each his own though...
    "Do what you want and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"
    :)
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options

Guy, Girl, child, rents, grandparent, friend, stranger .... It doesn't matter who says it I usually do find any persons bad jokes funny. Sometimes they are so bad that, that in itself makes the situation hilarious and I burst out laughing.

But, I wouldn't force a laugh if I didn't find any humour in a situation, you can tell when people are faking: its very stiff or exaggerated, and can come across as desperate in certain situations.

"Do what you want and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

WOOT!!!! That is what a good sense of humor looks like.
    Heck, I need my girl to laugh at my jokes because it boost up my confidence (as you mentioned you do not want to do that Tada), a man with more confidence and better self esteem is a man who treats his woman better and overall is better company. You may see it as faking it, but maybe you can laugh or giggle or show enjoyment just for the shear moment of it all. Like someone else said, sometimes it is so not funny that it makes it funny, and as Ali here said, some people find bad jokes funny. Whatever reason you wish to give yourself to understand you not really faking it but instead are just enjoying the moment (or the person) always turns out to be a great thing.

If I was horribly unfunny and my girl did not laugh at me for anything, I eventually would just shut down, bottle in all my "comments" and things I find funny, to a point where I would snap, running down the street screaming in someones face
    "WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD --- BECAUSE HE WAS ESCAPING THE FARM!!!" and then run to the next guy
    "A HORSE WALKED INTO THE BAR, THE BARTENDER SAID, WHY THE LONG FACE.... I WALKED INTO A BAR, OUCH!!!" (Get It? -- That last one is an actual joke I love telling, now laugh and make me feel good.)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    so they don't feel like a *kitten*. Not just men, I would for anyone. Unless I didn't like them or something.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options

Heck, I need my girl to laugh at my jokes because it boost up my confidence (as you mentioned you do not want to do that Tada), a man with more confidence and better self esteem is a man who treats his woman better and overall is better company. You may see it as faking it, but maybe you can laugh or giggle or show enjoyment just for the shear moment of it all. Like someone else said, sometimes it is so not funny that it makes it funny, and as Ali here said, some people find bad jokes funny. Whatever reason you wish to give yourself to understand you not really faking it but instead are just enjoying the moment (or the person) always turns out to be a great thing.

If I was horribly unfunny and my girl did not laugh at me for anything, I eventually would just shut down, bottle in all my "comments" and things I find funny, to a point where I would snap, running down the street screaming in someones face
    "WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD --- BECAUSE HE WAS ESCAPING THE FARM!!!" and then run to the next guy
    "A HORSE WALKED INTO THE BAR, THE BARTENDER SAID, WHY THE LONG FACE.... I WALKED INTO A BAR, OUCH!!!" (Get It? -- That last one is an actual joke I love telling, now laugh and make me feel good.)

What do I get if I do?
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I never fake a laugh. I have several laughs though. One that says "I am laughing so hard I am about to pee my pants", one that is "Ha, that was kinda funny", one that says "Wow.. I'm laughing at you and not the terrible joke you just told", one that is more of a flattered giggle, and then there is my drunk/sleepy laugh everything is just freaking funny as crap.

A good friend will learn to make note of my laughs and navigate them properly for their desired affect :p.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a surprising number of women don't know how to interact with men on a polite and friendly level except to be flirtatious. So, in an attempt to not make you feel shut down or belittled, they go way overboard and act like alien invaders pretending to be humans. These women are not to be mistaken for the ones who will give a quick, quiet chuckle because you were witty in general conversation, or think you tried to make a funny, but aren't actually interrupting the conversation with the vocalization of their approval. Also, maybe she's just shy and trying to hide it. Shy people will tend to giggle at random crap (like every word out of your mouth) because they're nervous.
  • FTClown
    Options

What do I get if I do?

A nicer guy? A better friend? Someone who knows they cannot be that funny and know you doing them a favor and when it comes for a time of need on your part they will be there for you, don't you know what good things can come from having a happy man. EVer hear women brag about "My man is sooooo great" or things like that, I bet those women laugh at their mans jokes.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    ....I just smile and nod politely if I don't find anything overly funny...

I would never fake laugh just to make a guy feel better about himself. I generally just try to be polite to others (both men and women).
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    FTClown, that sounds boring.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    ....I just smile and nod politely if I don't find anything overly funny...

I would never fake laugh just to make a guy feel better about himself. I generally just try to be polite to others (both men and women).

I like you. You can have the rest of my apple pie.
  • FTClown
    Options

As you wish female, I guess having good things is something boring to you. Never thought I would meet a woman who is so determined to just be sour.

Good luck out there.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options

As you wish female, I guess having good things is something boring to you. Never thought I would meet a woman who is so determined to just be sour.

Good luck out there.

It's the new thing: to be cool you have to be uber-jaded and uber-selfish. Duckface, skewed pic perspective, cynical selfishness, all new fads to be rubbed into everyone's face to show how awesomely cool you are even if you don't care how cool you are.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Good luck out there.

It's the new thing: to be cool you have to be uber-jaded and uber-selfish. Duckface, skewed pic perspective, cynical selfishness, all new fads to be rubbed into everyone's face to show how awesomely cool you are even if you don't care how cool you are.

^^^this!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm just naturally giggly. If someone tells me a lame joke I usually say so and then laugh at them.

That sounds rude typed out....

Ha!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Good luck out there.

Man, you got it all figured out, don't you?

I guess I'll point some things out to you...

I'm quite happy with my life. I have a man who actually makes me laugh and I have no need to fake it. Maybe I'm the odd one for wanting to actually be entertained rather than just pretending.

Now you want to talk about being jaded, cynical, and selfish.. this is my opinion on something and there are women who admit to doing it. If you're not one of them then use common sense to realize I wasn't referring to you in this post.

To the women who have said you do it cause you think he is cute or something else, thank you for answering my post without getting all butt hurt that someone has an opinion that differs from your own.

You may continue with your regularly scheduled programing.
  • mr18actor
    mr18actor Posts: 480
    Options
    LAUGH AT ME!! DO IT NOW!!! LAUGH!!!!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    LAUGH AT ME!! DO IT NOW!!! LAUGH!!!!

NEVER!
  • mr18actor
    Options
    Such lies... I have brought u to the brink several times!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen. If your not funny, ill tell you!
  • mr18actor
    Options
    Not gonna happen. If your not funny, ill tell you!

well???