Ladies...

Options

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I only laugh when I think something is funny - or - when I'm nervous.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I faked it with myself once
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    there's a difference between funny and stupid and most of the time guys tell stupid jokes that leave me looking like this -.- or like this .__. they may call me a ***** or whatever but if something is not funny i wont laugh

If you don't find it funny, don't laugh. Like I said before some folks have different definition of what they find funny. I don't find Denis Miller or Carlos Mencia or Dane Cook funny but apparently others do else these folks would be out of business
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Why women fake it.. to boost his ego.. simple.. I don't though. My husband tells jokes all the time that I don't think are funny at all.. I still laugh because the expression on his face is hilarious!
  • mr18actor
    mr18actor Posts: 480
    Options
    Is that why all the ladies laugh when I make a joke? What a relief! I was afraid I was actually funny or something. :wink:
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I know that nobody wants to accept this but maybe the joke was funny but you didn't get it?

Maybe it was funny but wasn't funny to you? I know I don't get those "yo mama" jokes but apparently alot of immature folks find them funny

And you also have to keep in mind that when some people are attracted to other, they like alot of things about them that they normally won't. That includes laughing at their lame jokes. They're not always faking it, they sometimes just find it funny coming from that specific person.

ETA: To be honest, the way you took this thing so seriously to make an entire post about it suggests to me that you probably don't get humor. Which is fine, not everybody is funny or is able to laugh at jokes

Obviously no one has faked it for you.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Well, I laugh at everything.... So, I'm not faking it, I'm just easily humored. Haha. A good laugh is good exercise for those tummy muscles. Ever laughed so hard that your stomach hurts.... well, that's why. :) I encourage any type of laughter whether it be fake, real, forced, exaggerated . . . laughter is laughter, it will keep you living longer in the end. :D Plus, laugh lines are more attractive then those frowny lines by the forehead.
  • taunto
    Options
    I know that nobody wants to accept this but maybe the joke was funny but you didn't get it?

Maybe it was funny but wasn't funny to you? I know I don't get those "yo mama" jokes but apparently alot of immature folks find them funny

And you also have to keep in mind that when some people are attracted to other, they like alot of things about them that they normally won't. That includes laughing at their lame jokes. They're not always faking it, they sometimes just find it funny coming from that specific person.

ETA: To be honest, the way you took this thing so seriously to make an entire post about it suggests to me that you probably don't get humor. Which is fine, not everybody is funny or is able to laugh at jokes

Why-So-Serious1.jpg
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Because I am trying to not be a stuck up *kitten* and drag everyone down with my anhedonia?

Srsly, reading your responses, I'm starting to agree with the earlier poster who suggested you aren't capable understanding some kinds of humor.

I like Carlos Mencia, can't stand Tosh 2.0 or Jim Gaffigan. Love SuperTroopers, couldn't understand the appeal of *kitten*. I don't go about questioning why people laugh at Tosh or *kitten* and claim that they are fake laughing.

That and I like stereotypical guy humor sometimes, and don't understand stereotypical girl humor.

PS: way to smear an entire gender spectrum with your rigid stereotyping. Because there has never been a guy who tells a girl how adorably hilarious her little girl-fart was while thinking "oh dear god that was horrible and I need a shower."
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Why-So-Serious1.jpg

Fakes it for you, just this once. :)
  • taunto
    Options
    Because I am trying to not be a stuck up *kitten* and drag everyone down with my anhedonia?

Srsly, reading your responses, I'm starting to agree with the earlier poster who suggested you aren't capable understanding some kinds of humor.

I like Carlos Mencia, can't stand Tosh 2.0 or Jim Gaffigan. Love SuperTroopers, couldn't understand the appeal of *kitten*. I don't go about questioning why people laugh at Tosh or *kitten* and claim that they are fake laughing.

That and I like stereotypical guy humor sometimes, and don't understand stereotypical girl humor.

PS: way to smear an entire gender spectrum with your rigid stereotyping. Because there has never been a guy who tells a girl how adorably hilarious her little girl-fart was while thinking "oh dear god that was horrible and I need a shower."

What if I genuinely laugh at farts? Would I be a faker then too? OH GOD THE PRESSURE!!

Not really sure what the OPs problem is. Faking laugh isn't any worst than her labeling everybody else without knowing if that person genuinely found it funny or not. Apparently she's better than everybody.

Maybe people need to stop dictating what or how other peoples should be living their lives eh? Live and let live?
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    6a00e54ff18131883401053497806b970b-800wi
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    How am I generalizing? If you're guilty of it then I'm talking to you.

Why so uppity about a person's opinion on something people admit to doing, do you need a hug?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will laugh and then tell them that wasn't funny at all, but I was laughing at the fact they thought it would be funny.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I'm an equal opportunity offender - I laugh at both men and women's jokes alike, even when I don't find them funny or get them.

I have Asperger's, so I tend to not follow and don't want to come across as a humorless *****, so I've learned to laugh along with everyone else.
  • taunto
    Options
    How am I generalizing? If you're guilty of it then I'm talking to you.

Why so uppity about a person's opinion on something people admit to doing, do you need a hug?

I do but I find myself being overly touching and since you don't have any sense of humor, you might think I'm being rude and not laugh

The fact that you think somebody is "guilty" makes you a judgmental person. Not very funny. You're not a funny person and you just proved that the guy telling you the jokes are infact funny but you didn't get it. Which is fine because not everybody have a sense of humor
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Somtimes you gotta laugh at bad joke... gotta support your friends/husband etc... how are you just going to leave them hanging like that???

** given, most times it is a laugh turned to groan... but it has to be done sometimes.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I also don't like being touched. People are gross and they smell funny.

Before you make an assumption, I'm not human, I'm a robot.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I laugh sarcastically, smile and give them a thumbs up or clap just to rub it in how lame their attempt at a joke was. I can be mean sometimes...
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm with cha! Fakers do the things that fakers do & they also make great liars!!!!
    No need to fake; just be the real you! Like it, lump it or leave it!