Gym pet peeves

Options
I just left the gym and several items jumped out at me. I would like to here your gym pet peeves and let's see if we are encroaching on others but don't even realize it.

Here are mine:

1. Not removing weights from machines and barbells when you are done.
2. Men who walk around or just sit bare naked in the locker room for all others to see.
3. People who stand around the equipment and socialize.
4. People who walk slowly from one station to another. Get a move on!
5. Placing your towel on a piece of equipment you are not even using.
6. Loud talkers!

Geez I have alot!

Replies

• stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is mostly the standing around and socializing. I can't stand that.

Although I'm sure I annoy people when I laugh out loud to TV shows. :) I don't do it all the time but sometimes a giggle or too will slip out. Or when I'm watching Vampire Diaries and I have to cover my mouth over something shocking.
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    Guys wearing spandex
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not wiping down benches/mats once you have laid your sweaty body on them. That is just gross! Love to sweat...just wipe it off!!
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine is mostly the standing around and socializing. I can't stand that.

Although I'm sure I annoy people when I laugh out loud to TV shows. :) I don't do it all the time but sometimes a giggle or too will slip out. Or when I'm watching Vampire Diaries and I have to cover my mouth over something shocking.

I wonder if the socializers ever look in the mirror and think "I must be doing something wrong at the gym cause I am getting zero results"? It's the same guys everytime too and they are always bugging some female that is trying to focus on her workout!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The multi-users: They've got their towel over the squat rack, water bottle on the nearest bench, and are currently using the leg press. One person at my gym does this. He will do 20 reps in the rack (curls in the squat rack), then 20 leg presses, then 20 bench presses. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention the breaks between. *sigh*
  • foyain
    foyain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with all except being in the mens locker room. leaving weights on equip i hate the most
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have no shame, I laugh all the time at TV shows, I don't care if anyone is looking/judging. Who is really going to be upset about that?

I hate loud talkers too, there are two women I run into every morning and all they do is ***** about thier kids.

YES! Slow walkers, Oh my god, do you feel me on your heels!!?? MOVE!
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1) People who won't get off the phone on the treadmills, etc.-I can't avoid hearing the details of all your latest drama and I do not want to go there.
    2) Women who won't let go of their ginormous purses (we have free lockers ladies!) and drag them to aerobics, around the weights, and so on.
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1 main one

-Sitting on a bench or piece of equipment. If you're not lifting at the present time get the f*** up and let me knock out my set while you rest. I'm not going to steal it and take it home with me.
  • sophia5_k
    sophia5_k Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hate when I'm on the elliptical or another cardio machine and someone gets on the one right next to me and tries to talk to me when there are plenty of other ones open. These people always tend to be super sweaty men with very bad B.O. :noway:
  • RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    not wiping down equipment, taking on the phone, BO, and old man breath
  • Damiilla
    Damiilla Posts: 66
    Options
    There's too many to count....

People sitting on the weight machines and texting/talking to their friend for ages.

Women who 'race' you on the eliptical and keep looking over at your screen.

Showing baking shows on the tv.

...and of course pervy men ;)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    The multi-users: They've got their towel over the squat rack, water bottle on the nearest bench, and are currently using the leg press. One person at my gym does this. He will do 20 reps in the rack (curls in the squat rack), then 20 leg presses, then 20 bench presses. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention the breaks between. *sigh*

I know a guy who knows a guy that's friends with a guy that can take care of him for you. LOL! That is seriously annoying though, we have a guy like that too. I just want to tell him, DUDE! You're not accomplishing anything doing that anyway!

My pet-peeves
    1. People that f'in curl in one of the 3 power racks we have.
    2. My gym has 3 power racks but 4 calf raise machines, 2 leg presses, and 1 random worthless V-Squat machine. At least get rid of 2 calf raise machines and the V-Squat thing and give us 1 or 2 more racks that *kitten* can curl in.
    3. People that don't know the exercises in the first place. Watching people 1/4 squat, load a lat pulldown machine with all the weight and then pull it down like it's a reverse-olympic lift of some kind, and people curling in the power rack that put their whole body into the curl like it's a quasi-olympic power curl or something. See a trend here??
    4. People that want to talk to you when you're obvious trying to concentrate on what you're doing at the moment. I was actually setting up to the squat bar the other day for a max effort lift, so I'm also getting very focused, and this idiot comes up to me to talk about the Yankees. I don't even like the damn Yankees (I do like the band though. LOL)
    5. People that comment about how somebody else is so stupid when they don't have a damn clue their self.
    6. People wearing those teenie-weenie Valeo lifting belts, when they go to do chest flyes on a machine no less, tricep-extensions on a machine, Olympic lat-pulldowns, and Olympic-power curls in the Power Rack.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    People not putting equipment back where it belongs and people hogging equipment. Especially when they are just standing there chatting.

I was going to say I find it annoying when people don't take the weights off the barbells, too... but no one EVER does so I thought it must be the thing to do. Or not do. I always take them off but I think I'm a little over-cautious of bothering others.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Showing baking shows on the tv.

...and of course pervy men ;)

Now that one is original! I like that!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    People that wear heavy perfume or cologne to a really intense exercise class. They stink up the whole room. :(
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Stinky people! Either too much perfume or too much BO!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, people staring at me. uhh mind your own business.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    People that wear heavy perfume or cologne to a really intense exercise class. They stink up the whole room. :(

That's a good one actually. There's one guy in particular that looks like he showers before he comes to the gym but at a minimum puts tons of cologne on and it's something strong like Drakkar. I can't even breathe if he's within 10-feet of me.

What about women that come to the gym in freshly applied makeup? Why, I don't get that one at all.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    The guys that work out on the other side of the gym but talk so loudly you can hear them outside the gym.

And they spend their entire conversation saying things like "Dude, I haven't worked out in months, and look, I totally just leg-pressed (x amount) of lbs! And that's with a bad knee! I am so effing awesome."

And lots of really, really, REALLY loud grunting. There are two dudes that end up working out now and then around the time I do, and I always have to look around to make sure they're not playing tennis or something, because that's the only time I ever hear people grunt THAT loudly.