Gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "What about women that come to the gym in freshly applied makeup? Why, I don't get that one at all."
    [/quote]

I agree! Although, my guess is some may be on a lunch break or coming directly from work or something. However I have seen a few who probably "just applied" before they came in.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    People that don't follow the order in the circuit training room and ruin everyone elses work out.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    When people are in the gym but do the bare minimum and never break a sweat. Why are you there? Especially when they are naturally thin.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The multi-users: They've got their towel over the squat rack, water bottle on the nearest bench, and are currently using the leg press. One person at my gym does this. He will do 20 reps in the rack (curls in the squat rack), then 20 leg presses, then 20 bench presses. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention the breaks between. *sigh*

just tell him your working in and use what you need.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    not getting the sweat off a machine. talking on the phone. sitting/ being on a machine that requires me to sit right up next to the person no one wants to sit by.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    When people are in the gym but do the bare minimum and never break a sweat. Why are you there? Especially when they are naturally thin.

people who say "your naturally thin, why are you even here." then again, i like to respond with "i had to work my butt off to get where i am now."
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Employees cleaning the equipment next to me while I'm doing cardio - especially if they use spray!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to steal it and take it home with me.

Bwahahahaha...exactly!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i hate when i go to grab a set of weights and the guy at the rack comments that they may be to heavy for me to lift....FU dude....then i show him up!!!! lol :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing guys wearing jeans when they lift. It sort of creeps me out, because all I can think about is how sweaty and chafed they must get working out in jeans! Blech...

Hey, if it was good enough for Dave Draper...
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    "What about women that come to the gym in freshly applied makeup? Why, I don't get that one at all."

I agree! Although, my guess is some may be on a lunch break or coming directly from work or something. However I have seen a few who probably "just applied" before they came in.

I work out between 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. in the morning, and there's two ladies who come in with full hair and makeup AND enough perfume on to choke a horse. One of them also comes to my super tough circuit training class, but never uses weights when the teacher says "grab your weights and..." I think she might be afraid to break a sweat, or a nail. GRRRRR.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    I just thought of another one that annoys the ever loving penis out of me!

When I'm on either the elliptical or the arc and some girl/guy whatever is laughing because they are going faster then me. My resistance is up to 50. His/hers is on 0. >.<
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to is where alot of the local doctors send the elderly patients to, and the majority of them are really rather pleasant and chatty and wipe things down when they're done.

But there's this one lady who is just insufferable! She doesn't use any machine correctly, or even leave them safely, I doubt she's ever counted a rep and generally is in and out in ten minutes. If for some reason you're on a machine she wants to use she'll stand behind you tutting, literally tutting, saying things like 'I booked time on that and I have a busy day!' She'll over load, or over programme, anything she goes on and complains about it being wrong. I have seen this woman get off a moving treadmill and leave it like that. My sister had to lean over and hit the Stop button o-o
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options

people who say "your naturally thin, why are you even here." then again, i like to respond with "i had to work my butt off to get where i am now."

OMG that drives me nuts. I"m not thin yet, but my gym partner is ALWAYS commenting on the skinny girls and how they don't even need to be at the gym. I looked at her one day and asked if she was going to stop working out once she hits her goal. Maybe they stay skinny because they work their a** off.
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People who do not wipe down the equipment when they are finished. I don't like feeling my own sweat, let alone someone elses!
    People who are constantly trying to race me on the treadmill or who hog it for two hours! (The gym I go to is at the community center and they only have 3 treadmills, 1 eliptical, 1 stair climber, 2 rowing machines, 2 cycles, and a weight center.)
    I don't go to the gym to socialize, so trying to start a conversation with me, while I am working out, and you are just standing there, annoys me to no end!
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ok I have another one...

The overweight guy who was a body builder back in the day that wears the same weight belt he did back in the day. The only difference is that now his belly hangs over the front of the belt. Dude, face it you're not muscular anymore and there is no sense in lifting weights. Get on the treadmill and lay off the Big Macs before you focus on building muscle.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Not really a pet peeve just some real dumbasses at the gym. Happened the other day, skinny bloke comes in loads up the Olympic bar in the squat rack and then struggles to complete a single rep of bench presses with form. When mentioned that it was too heavy for him, he shrugs it off and carries on. He then moves on to bar bell curls grabs a much to heavy weight and starts swinging it back and forth.

Another bloke comes in does 10 minutes of bicep curls and walks out. That's all I have ever seen him do, asked one of the trainers what's the deal and he also realized that's all this guy does.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    When I get on the weight machines or use weights and the guys give me weird looks like what the heck is she doing. makes me feel uncomfortable and not want to get on weights
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    when people come up and start talking to me while i have my headphones in

dirty bathrooms

when the entire row of cardio equipment is free and someone gets on the machine next to me O_O

That's it. I apologize for talking on the phone while on the weight floor. I am a Network Admin, and on call one week out of the month and if I don't answer the phone I will get in trouble. I don't know when it will ring. And i can't let that make me take 1 whole week off out of every month for fear of disturbing a fellow worker-outer. SORRY!! (I do wander off the floor towards the change area if it's more than a minute tho) :blushing:
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I just left the gym and several items jumped out at me. I would like to here your gym pet peeves and let's see if we are encroaching on others but don't even realize it.

Here are mine:

1. Not removing weights from machines and barbells when you are done.
    2. Men who walk around or just sit bare naked in the locker room for all others to see.
    3. People who stand around the equipment and socialize.
    4. People who walk slowly from one station to another. Get a move on!
    5. Placing your towel on a piece of equipment you are not even using.
    6. Loud talkers!

Geez I have alot!

LoL this is my favorite topic

1. Guy on the phone that always answer it then says" Not much man just pumping some iron"
    2. Guy on the bench press texting for 20 mins and when you ask how many sets hes got left looks at you like you did something wrong by interrupting his texting.
    3. Fat meat head guy that thinks hes huge, walks around all pissed off looking. Also drives up to the gym blasting music ( thanks I know whose car to break into if I want another stereo system )
    4. little guy staring at himself in the mirror as he works out his bis and tris, this is also the only work outs he does ( chicken legs bAAAKAAA)
    5. Incredible lats guy, who has no lats ( you know the guy who's lats are just SOOO huge his arms stick way out and he has a hard time getting through the average doorway )
    6. Dumbbell dropper / thrower <= says it all

Now I go back start at page 1 and laugh for 30 mins at everyone's responses