What diet friendly foods have you found you love?

Options

Replies

• karalynnbsu
    Options
    Edy's Fruit Bars - with antioxidants - Acai Blueberry, Pomegranate, white goji grape - 50 calories - very tasty!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    frozen yoplait yogurt. I keep it in the freezer and it tastes like ice cream-- but with protein and calcium. It comes in so many yummy flavors too. Only 100 calories.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Almond Milk. It's lower in calories than milk and doesn't upset my stomach.

Same for me! Plus it has more calcium.
  • JAT63
    JAT63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Ice Berg lettuce (which has no nutritional value) and now I love Romaine lettuce..what a difference!
  • p_e_wright
    p_e_wright Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I try to keep a batch of my homemade guacamole in the fridge, most times. It has magical, transformative properties when applied to other foods. Mine has diced tomato, minced shallot, lime juice, and a bit of salt, in addition to the avocado (which I mash, because the texture is so much better than blended). I use the stuff on everything, from tortilla chips (I like Tostitos Artisan ones. Roasted Garlic and Black Bean is the best!), to lean chicken burgers, sandwiches and wraps (in place of even fattier things like sour cream, mayo, butter, and even cheese). It is also really good topped on an omelet! I make an egg white omelet with sliced crimini mushroom, green onion, fresh ground pepper and salt. It tastes good on its own, but the guac brings it to another level.

how do you keep it from turning brown? I LOVE the Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tostitos!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Peanut butter
    Chicken
    Soy Sauce
    Twinkies
    Diet Soda
    Ground Beef
    Steak
    Tuna
    Talapia
    Halibut
    Cheese
    French Bread
    Greek Salad
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Couscous,....
    black beans
    lentils
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Flax in general. I've got some amazing BetterOats in Blueberry Muffin with flax seed, and I could live off of Oroweat's Whole Wheat with Flax Sandwich Thins. (Arnold's, in some part of the country.)

Also, seriously love Crystal Light on days my water tastes too chlorinated.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i bought dry puy lentils that i cooked in veggie stock and white wine. it was delicious and so simple to make!

Yum - thank you for sharing. I've been looking for an easy way to "discover" lentils. I've never had them before.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Jalepeno Cheese Wedges / Spread on a sami for only 35 calories is so good!

Rice Cakes - White Cheddar! 45 calories

Hummus - Sabra Red Pepper OMG so good! 50 calories!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    PB2. The idea of it grossed me out at first, but WOW! I love my JIF, but when I can have peanut butter and have it with so much less fat and calories (and so much more often because of that), why not?

It's good as peanut butter. It's good in a protein shake. I even made some with a little extra water to make it saucy to have over vanilla frozen yogurt.

Definitely the best thing I've found!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Asparagus
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Hummus
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also, rediscovered one of my favorite childhood snacks --- peeling a big "cooking" carrot and chewing on it!! Awesome crunch, really sweet, and you get to just chew ... and chew ... and chew!!
  • ltosti
    ltosti Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (40 calories and awesome!)
    Watermelon
    Canteloupe
    Special K Chips Sour Cream
    Weight Watcher String Cheese (tastes better than sargento IMO)
    Thomas everthing bagel thins with 3 oz rotisserie chicken (from deli) and laughing cow garlic cheese (makes a great lunch sandwich)
    packages of fajita chicken on Flat out wraps with salsa
    Pet Light Ice cream sandwiches (140 calories)
    Multi Grain Cheerios (1 cup can always fill you up as a snack and with almond milk you dont sacrifice too many calories)
    Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties ( two patties on a Thomas everything bagel is a good breakfast)
    EAS Protein Shakes (100 calories and 17 g of protein and they taste great) vanilla or strawberry for me
    Eggo Nutrigrain Blueberry waffles with Smuckers sugar free syrup (add some turkey sausage for a great breakfast)
    Weight Watcher southwestern chili (pre-packaged for lunch) Its really good and filling.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Strawberry spinach salad (eating that right now)
    Greek yogurt (seriously only tried this stuff because people talk about it all the time on mfp)
    Oatmeal (never liked it as a kid)
    Crispy minis
  • terpsoccer
    terpsoccer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    2% cottage cheese
    100 calorie mini microwave popcorn , seriously eat this every night
    clif mini bars
    bolthouse farms ranch dressing
    one square of dove dark chocolate promises
    tilapia fish tacos made with corn tortillas (used to only eat flour, but love the corn) and tilapia
    wakim's tomato and basil hummus and lentil salad
    campari tomatoes
    a hoagie made with turkey, hot peppers, sweet peppers, mustard , lettuce, tomatoe and I add my own sargento light cheese
    turkey burgers
    only true diet stuff is diet ice tea (liquid crack) and diet pepsi
  • EAnderson1205
    Options
    I also discovered unsweetened Almond Milk! I absolutely love it and use it in my cereal all the time.:flowerforyou:
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Spinach :) Good in salads, on burgers, fajitas.....and so much more. One day I will be brave and try it in a smoothie.

Be brave! You don't even taste it, it just changes the color and boosts the health factor!

As for me? Spinach is a big one. And bell peppers. Used to hate bell peppers and onions and now I use them in almost every dish I make!
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    salad w/ raspberry dressing
    lean cuisine
    sugar free/jello, popsicle
    fish