New here from PA, looking for others to help motivate

Options

Replies

• UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    HI I am Gina from PA.. right outside of Philly.. just joined a few days ago and started eating CLEAN yesterday :) lost a pound since yesterday and 2 pounds down since i started Monday... looking to achieve my goal weight by the end of the summer if not sooner!!! i plan to live this lifestyle forever! wish me luck!

Good luck Gina! I grew up in Southampton, just outside Philly. Keep up the good work so far. Continued success.
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    In western PA...Pittsburgh! Feel free to add me as well! :smile:
  • tootzi
    tootzi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new here tooo but im not from PA I am originally from idaho and now moved to israel...BIG DIFFERENCE but im trying to lose weight after have a baby and i would really love to motivate you as long as you can help motivate me at the same time :) but im soo new i dont even know how to add friends so if anyone wnats to be my friend you will have to add me :) have a happy day!!!
  • lovebug885
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in NEPA. Feel free to add me!
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lebanon county here!!! Grew up in Lehigh county....moved to York county, then Cumberland county, and now In Lebanon county. Any PA peeps feel free to friend request! Looking for some INSANITY support.

How are you liking insanity? I did it for about a month but stopped. I wasn't really on point with my nutrition which is most of the battle. But the workouts were pretty intense. Pure Cardio is a beast of a workout!

starting on Sunday.....i sat and watched the fit test..lol... Im SO excited to do it. I just finished P90X, got my nutrition pretty much in line (not 100% but Id say about 90% on mark). I didnt lose the body fat I was hoping to. I know there are muscles under there now...hoping Insanity will reveal them!!

I am sure Insanity will reveal them. You'll be amazed how many calories you burn during the workout. Your heartrate is constantly up. It's pretty awesome. I did 2 rounds of P90X. I gained strength and muscle mass but again, it was my nutrition that wasn't in check.

I'm on my last week of Insanity. It definitely helped shed some of the fat. Feel free to add me if you need the support. It was during this time that I realized how much nutrition really affected the body. One of these days, I will start P90X.
  • Sluscins
    Sluscins Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm not from PA but from Tennessee....I know, I know...you're saying "Another, Hillbilly"...Ha! Just started myfitnesspal this week. My daughter told me about it. I really like it. So easy to use. I joined Curves about a month ago. I am doing really well and have lost 18 pounds in this month. One day at a time! Blessings to all.
  • rclemens1221
    Options
    Allentown/Lehigh Valley! Lets DO this!:smooched:
  • Bn331
    Bn331 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Central PA! Add me if you like:)
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi Leslie! I'm Jeff, 42 from York PA. and lost 83 lbs. Feel free to add me.:happy:
  • Carllinda
    Carllinda Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi My name is Carllinda I am from TX. I am 29 years old and in desperate need to lose about 85 lbs. I could really use some motivation and friends. I have been dealing with a lot of stress this pass 7 months and I have gained a lot of weight. Plz help me!!
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Dan. I live in NEPA:) I've lost 20lbs in my first two months on here. I love this site & the motivation we all share with each other. Anyone feel free to add me & good luck on your goals:))
  • anewmeforever
    Options
    Lancaster County here!! Add me for motivation! :happy:

Contemplating organizing runs for our areas now here from MFP...
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgher here! Any of Yinz can add me :)
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Pittsburgh -- grew up in Johnstown and have family in Johnstown and near Harrisburg (Perry County). I'm 32 years old and I want to lose about 150lbs, give or take. Whatever I'm healthy and fit at!

Feel free to add me, anyone! :)
  • Sphilips1909
    Sphilips1909 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me. IM in PA, and its HOT today. :) My MIssion is 40 lbs total adn Im half way there... :) Add me if you like.
  • Sphilips1909
    Sphilips1909 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL, there are so many of us in PA, because the FOOD IS AMAZING here!! So we cant help it. :) Believe me I lived in Texas too and nothing compares to Penny Dutch Cookin!!!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from PA, too! I have been on here since March and have lost 24 lbs. tracking my food, exercising and building a good support system. Would be happy to support you in your journey to a healthier you! I will add you! What part of the state are you from? I grew up in central PA but currently live in southwestern PA with my husband and 5 kids!
    I'm originally from western PA. :) Beaver County.

I live in Westmoreland County! Grew up near Penn State!

I was about 15-20 minutes away from Penn State when I was young. When I was a teen, I lived about 5 minutes from the Penn State campus.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from PA, too! I have been on here since March and have lost 24 lbs. tracking my food, exercising and building a good support system. Would be happy to support you in your journey to a healthier you! I will add you! What part of the state are you from? I grew up in central PA but currently live in southwestern PA with my husband and 5 kids!
    I'm originally from western PA. :) Beaver County.

I actually lived 20 minutes away from campus growing up! A little town called Port Matilda! My parents are still there, as well as my younger sister! Fun finding people who grew up near you!

I live in Westmoreland County! Grew up near Penn State!

I was about 15-20 minutes away from Penn State when I was young. When I was a teen, I lived about 5 minutes from the Penn State campus.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I went to Saint Joe's. The Hawk will never die! How long have you been in Central PA?
    Add me too. I'm from Harrisburg, went to school in both Philly and Pittsburgh and have family in the Lewistown area (outside Penn State). I've lost 15 and have 20+ to go. Starting to fall off the healthy wagon so could definitely use the encouragement too!

Nice! Where'd you go to school in Philly? Before moving to south central PA i lived in Roxborough (just outside the city and close to Manayunk). I went to Temple U.
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    giving the pa thread a quick bump