Lose weight to be healthy??? F no, I want to be HAWT!

Options

Replies

• mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    yeha not gonna lie... im just doing this so i can fit in my size 0-2 outfits again.. i love that i am so stronger and healthier than what i was prepregnancy, but i so wanna get in em skinny jeasn again!!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    WORD! Thank god someone has the balls to say it!
    You are my new hero!

:D Someone had to say it, lol

Add me if you want...
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably a part of everyone's weight loss goals...to be smokin' hot. Otherwise - why do we show before and after pictures as opposed to before and after health reports...there a plenty of unhealthy "skinny" people.

Having said that though - health is a huge issue for me as well since I witnessed my mother have a heart attack when I was twelve and she passed away before I was even 30 - so yeah, I want to look good and fit into whatever I want to wear and turn heads...BUT good health is certainly a key goal
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    With you! If i was trying to just be healthy I wouldn't have to do anything but maintain. My BMI is 22.8 , I can run and 8 minute mile. I have no health problems, well physical ones anyway. I want to lose weight to be HOT and LOVE my body. I want to feel comfortable/confident in my own skin and look good in clothes or with out ;)

I'm 22 5'8 and 153 pounds. Which is considered "healthy" But I want HOT. So my goal is 120 pounds for now anyway.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Yanno, I am totally with you on this. I'm sick of wearing a size ****ing 16!!!!!!!! It sucks! I'm sick of not being able to wear anything I want to wear, and I'm sick of my low sex drive and what I feel is a low level of attractiveness. I think my little slogan thing on MFP is "time to get hot" and while I know that I will get physically healthier in the process, I really am just sick of feeling like a fatass. I have potential, time to use it!

We wear the same size pants... and I like your attitude!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Health is a huge reason for me! I didn't have any weight-related health problems but to see people going through problems with diabetes, heart conditions, etc.... It's scary! Fear is a great motivator. :wink: And if I continued the way I was, I was a lot more likely to end up sicker sooner. I have kids too so that makes my health even more important to me. I wouldn't lie and say that I don't care how I look, that's another great motivator :smile:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Getting fit to be hot isn't a big enough motivator for me. Of course at 45 yrs old there's always someone hotter and younger anyways!!

I'm in it to get stronger and I want to be able to continue to participate in the activities that I love as I get older. The other day when I was out running I thought one day there will be a day that I can no longer run. That is real motivation for me!

I'm hooked on being a strong, fit, female well into my 70's and 80's :) Of course being a hot senior citizen will be an added bonus :)
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to teach my daughter to be healthy, because I have higher standards for her, but as for me, I MAINLY follow a strict diet and stick to macros and workout for the sake of being smokin hott when I'm naked! Lol It's true, vanity wins this one! If it didn't, I'd have gotten healthy a long time ago.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    This is a good crossover to the "intrinsic vs extrinsic" view. Most people replying are extrinsic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/588404-intrinsic-or-extrinsic-which-are-you?hl=intrinsic

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Heck yea. I'm doing it to finally get hot. I've lived 1/3 (or most of that 1/3) obese, or severely. Tired. of. it. I want to look damn good.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I really am in it to be healthy. Of course I appreciate looking good - I model and (unfortunately) you kind of need to be skinny - and in turn, feeling good about how I look.

But I've been skinny all my life. The most I've ever weighed was 140 and that's not bad when I'm 5'8". I'm still eating healthy. When I was happy at 17% BF, I still ate healthy. I can't stomach greasy stuff too well, and I LOVE the new strength I have. Feeling like you can do anything is a great side effect of being healthy. That's really why I do it.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It started out as a vanity thing for me, but it quickly turned into a health thing. I have never had any health issues at all. No high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc, but my family has a history of many health problems. I don't want my bad habits rubbing off on my kids. They are young and impressionable. Don't get me wrong. Looking better is definitely a plus! I didn't want my husband to be the guy with the fat wife. I wanted his friends to be like "wow, that's his wife???" haha!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Hot will only get you so far in life.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    As i get older i realize hotness is fading away no matter what :) I want to be healthy to be around for my kids for a long time. I will never be HAWT in a bikini, too many tiger stripes for that, but i would love to look good. Hawt, i think that is gone for me! :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    This is a good crossover to the "intrinsic vs extrinsic" view. Most people replying are extrinsic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/588404-intrinsic-or-extrinsic-which-are-you?hl=intrinsic

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I don't see a problem with being either... I'm happy for those that lose weight for health purposes but I just don't like people bringing up my health every time something is said about me losing weight.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    Hot will only get you so far in life.

Correct, but I have goals that are not fitness related that will get me much further in life.

I have my health, now I want my body... Get it?
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the aesthetics and have been since I first started losing weight last year, although I'm pretty satisfied with how I look now. Never been the type to care about "good health" because I've always had it.

But, no, it doesn't aggravate me that others do it for that reason; I just can't relate.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for both to be honest. My highest weight was 330, lost 30, then joined this site. In the beginning I was doing it to look better, but now that I lost 21 pounds since I joined here, I feel so much better it's ridiculous in a good way ! And in less than 2 months ! I'm so proud of myself. I can now run, go on longer walks, everything ( Almost LOL ). But I do want to be Hot, I'll even settle for Semi hot haha. My confidence is extremely low and I want to fix that.
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with you :smile:
    I'm not that much over weight and all my numbers and doctors appointments are healthy and normal..
    I honestly just want to feel good about myself, I wanna wear my short shorts and bikini tops at events and the lake and KNOW that I look good, that's what it's about for me.
    Confidence boost :love:

Exactly how I feel. I want to look in the mirror and love what I see. :-)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    LOL! Even Shaun T says this on one of his Insanity workouts "Why do I work myself so hard? Cos I wanna look good!"