Lose weight to be healthy??? F no, I want to be HAWT!

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    same here........... Sure if I get HEALTHIER (always been healthy) its a plus. But who doesnt want to look hot?, I know I do! :wink:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Mostly because he used to have 4.5% bodyfat...
    Actually that's verging on death.

I know guys with 2% body fat.
    I call BS. They'd be dead.

It might be wrong, probably was, but I went to school with a girl who had 0% BF according to our gym teacher. She was pretty tiny, I mean you couldn't pinch any fat anywhere on her, honestly. It is possible she had an eating disorder, but I don't want to make unfair accusations.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

IDEA Fitness member

Jockeys.

People don't understand how incredibly fit you have to be to ride a racehorse.
  • Sevensinzz
    Options
    Yeah Its my first week trying this App out on my Iphone. I'm also trying out the website. I work in Real Estate so I am on the phones a lot and I sit at my desk all day.

I work out regularly, run, and play sports regularly.. Pretty healthy guy.. I am really food and health concious.. This app DEFFINATLY helps..

I am also trying to tighten up my abs so I can look even better... Mainly for me.. Secondary reasons.. The Ladies..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I've read that 3% was the minimum recommended body fat percentage for men... He liked being ripped and did a lot of martial arts. He was also an instructor.
    The BEST elite athletes in the world, the best bodybuilders in the world sit at 3%-4% body fat for maybe a day. Where are you getting your information or is it just something you've heard? If it's written, I'd love to see it to see if it contradicts what medical journals and science journals are stating at "livable" body fat levels.

IDEA Fitness member
  • xxthoroughbred
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I've read that 3% was the minimum recommended body fat percentage for men... He liked being ripped and did a lot of martial arts. He was also an instructor.
    The BEST elite athletes in the world, the best bodybuilders in the world sit at 3%-4% body fat for maybe a day. Where are you getting your information or is it just something you've heard? If it's written, I'd love to see it to see if it contradicts what medical journals and science journals are stating at "livable" body fat levels.

IDEA Fitness member

I'm getting my information from working with jockeys, but you can also see it here as well as other places.
    http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2009/jockeyundercover/jockeyundercover_interview.html
    and
    http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2004/april/14/hbo-documentary-jockey-makes-case-for-raising-minimum-weight.aspx
  • ninerbuff
    Options

It might be wrong, probably was, but I went to school with a girl who had 0% BF according to our gym teacher. She was pretty tiny, I mean you couldn't pinch any fat anywhere on her, honestly. It is possible she had an eating disorder, but I don't want to make unfair accusations.
    They'd be dead. You CANNOT LIVE without bodyfat.

IDEA Fitness member
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    do all the right things for all the wrong reasons to stay motivated longer, because you're doing it for the real reasons that matter to you, not the noble/PC ones that society expects you to have.
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    i did it for both, but now ive lost 55 pounds, and i think im pretty healthy, i want to look good, and not be afraid to go and meet some new people, to change my life for the better.

P.S. i realised only women mainly posted on this post, but i have the same feeling, dont know whether thats good or not haha :D
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I had thought... lol. But I'm sure it was dangerously low, whatever it actually was. Body needs fat to work... it's an organ, I thought...? >.>
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If I'm healthy, I'll be hotter... for longer.

If I didn't care about my health, I'd be eating only spinach shakes and cabbage until I got so hungry I binged on fast food, puking up every meal in a toilet, losing weight at a crazy rate and muscle mass along with it, hemmoraghing my throat and separating my corneas from violent forced vomiting.

But all that's not so attractive, so I'm fine with sticking to my calorie deficit, getting moderate exercise, splurging when I so desire and getting gradually hotter while getting gradually more healthy.

Hope your health improves with your hotness, advertantly or inadvertantly...

Oh wow... You took that to extremes. I'm healthy. I'm losing weight in a healthy manner. I watch what I eat, eat a diet that is 40% carbs, 30 protein and 30% fat. I normally eat between 1500 and 1900 calories a day (I'm aiming for 1920 which would be my maintenance calories at my goal weight. I workout moderately and I believe in moderation when it comes to splurging. I also don't believe in denying oneself anything but making room for it in a healthy way by adjusting your eating around it.

I did not say that I don't care about my health. I honestly do or else I wouldn't be losing the way that I am. I'm saying that this weight loss is not for health reasons and I get annoyed by people talking about how my health conditions will get better as I lose... They will not.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I totally do all these fitness things to be healthy...:laugh:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

I did not say that I don't care about my health. I honestly do or else I wouldn't be losing the way that I am. I'm saying that this weight loss is not for health reasons and I get annoyed by people talking about how my health conditions will get better as I lose... They will not.

Yeah, I just edited my post to remove the middle, just in case. Snarkiness isn't worth accidentally triggering somebody. So, my apologies. I kinda tell it like it is with no brakes sometimes.

I think the people who are saying these things to you are actually trying to motivate you and steer you right. Even if it irritates you, they're saying it with good intentions. Maybe you can try to see it differently and it will help.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

I'm getting my information from working with jockeys, but you can also see it here as well as other places.
    http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2009/jockeyundercover/jockeyundercover_interview.html
    and
    http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2004/april/14/hbo-documentary-jockey-makes-case-for-raising-minimum-weight.aspx
    It's an article and doesn't mention how the measurement standard that they use to obtain the percentage. I'll take the medical study over the article, especially since even in the article it states that jockeys who are under 5% body fat are suffering body damage.

IDEA Fitness member
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    DITTO! I'm doing this so that I can be the hot mom at my kids' school (not in a sick way...) and my husband can have the hot wife when he introduces me to them. And I want to be hot for me. I want to know that when guys whistle or make comments, it's not to be cruel and joking...it's sincere!

I'm right there with ya on that one!!

I'm laughing so hard at the first part of your first sentence!!! :laugh: I am in total agreement with you too!!!
  • xxthoroughbred
    Options
    Double post.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    And when you get there, we will all congratulate you on your success..You've talked the talk, now walk the walk.
  • xxthoroughbred
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

and
    It's an article and doesn't mention how the measurement standard that they use to obtain the percentage. I'll take the medical study over the article, especially since even in the article it states that jockeys who are under 5% body fat are suffering body damage.

IDEA Fitness member

Of course they're suffering body damage. I'm not saying this is healthy, just that it's possible.

And the article isn't my main source.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Yeah, that's what I had thought... lol. But I'm sure it was dangerously low, whatever it actually was. Body needs fat to work... it's an organ, I thought...? >.>
    Truth. Fat secretes hormones.

IDEA Fitness member
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    do all the right things for all the wrong reasons to stay motivated longer, because you're doing it for the real reasons that matter to you, not the noble/PC ones that society expects you to have.

Thank you... I'm not one for PC much..