Lose weight to be healthy??? F no, I want to be HAWT!

Options

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Can't say I really care about being hot because honestly, I think I am beautiful no matter what size I am. I am losing weight because I have degenerative disk disease in my lower back and osteoarthritis in my hops. The extra weight causes me an unbearable amount of pain. Pretty much the reason why I want to lose weight. I have been super skinny, it makes no difference in my life. It only makes a difference in pain management.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well I do value my health and I wanna be healthy for sure !

BUTT, totally agree with wanting to get that smoking hawt body. HELL YES, when I think about the passion that drives me every single work out or skipped craving it is that hott-as-hell bod that I will achieve!!!!!! Hell yes. Good luck on your sexy journey !!! :wink:
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yep, here to be attractive (: my boyfriend is 4inches taller than me yet only 2kg heavier than me, so that's definitely a huge part of it too, I hate being the fat one. he's just skin and bones, really. it makes me feel awful, and I'm over that, I want people to go 'oh wow, his girlfriend's hot'. I want to be good looking for him, just as much as I do for myself, regardless of how pathetic that sounds.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeee!!!!!! I want my husband's co-workers and friends to say "Steve's wife is hot!!" or "Steve's wife is a MILF!!!!!" Yep, that's why I'm doing it :happy:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    As i get older i realize hotness is fading away no matter what :) I want to be healthy to be around for my kids for a long time. I will never be HAWT in a bikini, too many tiger stripes for that, but i would love to look good. Hawt, i think that is gone for me! :)

I really hope you're not being serious!! You're 33 not 83, why on earth would you think like this, please stop, it's kind of depressing!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When I say I'm losing weight for my health, I do mean it. I have alot of serious health problems associated with my obesity that WILL disappear when I lose weight. However, my MENTAL health is included in that. It is good for my mental health to actually LIKE what I see in the mirror, so, of course, I want to look good! Who doesn't?! That's just ONE part of the big picture, though. My take on it? My health is the main goal, any weight loss and improvements in physical appearance are just an added bonus. I can't let it be my main motivation, though. If I do, once I reach my goal, I'll cease to have something to strive for and my old habits will creep back in. Before I know it, I'll have gained back all the weight I lost. That's just me, though. I'm not saying that mentality can't work for you. You do what works for you, and I'll do what works for me. Just do me a favor and don't refer to someone else's motivation (aka good health) as "bull spit".
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    yep, here to be attractive (: my boyfriend is 4inches taller than me yet only 2kg heavier than me, so that's definitely a huge part of it too, I hate being the fat one. he's just skin and bones, really. it makes me feel awful, and I'm over that, I want people to go 'oh wow, his girlfriend's hot'. I want to be good looking for him, just as much as I do for myself, regardless of how pathetic that sounds.

Try weighing 100 pounds more than your boyfriend... HE keeps saying that he's fat at 150. UGH! Mostly because he used to have 4.5% bodyfat...

He also keeps saying that he wants me to stay the way that I am but is happy that I'm happy losing weight.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    As i get older i realize hotness is fading away no matter what :) I want to be healthy to be around for my kids for a long time. I will never be HAWT in a bikini, too many tiger stripes for that, but i would love to look good. Hawt, i think that is gone for me! :)

I really hope you're not being serious!! You're 33 not 83, why on earth would you think like this, please stop, it's kind of depressing!

EXACTLY! I have tiger stripes too... and you know what, I'm gonna rock them! I earned them with my daughter and no one else seems to notice them as much as I do...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    This is a good crossover to the "intrinsic vs extrinsic" view. Most people replying are extrinsic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/588404-intrinsic-or-extrinsic-which-are-you?hl=intrinsic

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I don't see a problem with being either... I'm happy for those that lose weight for health purposes but I just don't like people bringing up my health every time something is said about me losing weight.
    But it's usually synonymous so you'll always probably be hearing something about it. Whatever the motivation, achieving a lower bodyfat % is more ideal IMO, because weight loss doesn't always reap the results some expect.

IDEA Fitness member
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    When I say I'm losing weight for my health, I do mean it. I have alot of serious health problems associated with my obesity that WILL disappear when I lose weight. However, my MENTAL health is included in that. It is good for my mental health to actually LIKE what I see in the mirror, so, of course, I want to look good! Who doesn't?! That's just ONE part of the big picture, though. My take on it? My health is the main goal, any weight loss and improvements in physical appearance are just an added bonus. I can't let it be my main motivation, though. If I do, once I reach my goal, I'll cease to have something to strive for and my old habits will creep back in. Before I know it, I'll have gained back all the weight I lost. That's just me, though. I'm not saying that mentality can't work for you. You do what works for you, and I'll do what works for me. Just do me a favor and don't refer to someone else's motivation (aka good health) as "bull spit".

I don't think you read all of my post or at least you didn't read it without putting your defensive filters up.

Did you see this part?
    If you do, that's perfect for you. You've found great motivation, so keep going, you might want to pass this thread up though. It isn't for you.

For me it doesn't work that way.
    "FOR ME"

Or this part?
    Edit: I'm not saying that it bothers me that other people are doing this to be healthier. I'm saying it bothers me when other people point out the health implications to me...
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    This is a good crossover to the "intrinsic vs extrinsic" view. Most people replying are extrinsic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/588404-intrinsic-or-extrinsic-which-are-you?hl=intrinsic

IDEA Fitness member

I don't see a problem with being either... I'm happy for those that lose weight for health purposes but I just don't like people bringing up my health every time something is said about me losing weight.
    But it's usually synonymous so you'll always probably be hearing something about it. Whatever the motivation, achieving a lower bodyfat % is more ideal IMO, because weight loss doesn't always reap the results some expect.

IDEA Fitness member

Exactly... I don't want to look flabby. I actually have a relatively low BF% for my weight (27% at 250 lbs)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Mostly because he used to have 4.5% bodyfat...
    Actually that's verging on death.

IDEA Fitness member
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I know guys with 2% body fat.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it to be hot, too... obviously I know that I'll be healthier if I lose weight, but I'm not unhealthy now.

I just want to look and feel better about myself, like what I see in the mirror, and generally feel more attractive.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Exactly... I don't want to look flabby. I actually have a relatively low BF% for my weight (27% at 250 lbs)
    So you're saying you have 182 of lean body mass? How tall are you?

IDEA Fitness member
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If I'm healthy, I'll be hotter... for longer.

Hope your health improves with your hotness, advertantly or inadvertantly...
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    hmm...let me see you are 23...

As you get older you may get it...

I personally watch what I eat and work out to be HAWT also,...but after I passed my 30's and got those routine checkups...I began to add health as a main reason...

Cholesterol was wayy too high..even though I was only at 10% body fat....

So yea...I workout to be fit, hawt, healthy for my son, healthy to get my sorry butt out of bed, healthy to sleep better, healthy to be able to live longer.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I've read that 3% was the minimum recommended body fat percentage for men... He liked being ripped and did a lot of martial arts. He was also an instructor.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    im doing it for both reasons also. 60lbs down and i feel so much better. my migraines have also all but disappeared, but im also sick of being the fat girl. i want to look ****ing awesome. :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I call BS. They'd be dead.

IDEA Fitness member