Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy

Options

Replies

• kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :( poor happy animals.
    atleast they're living happy lives on a farm we're they're able to roam around as they please before they're slaughtered.
    healthier for everyone

you said we're a the top of the food chain for a reason?
    i would hope we would be smart enough not to disrespect all the creatures of the earth and strip earth of its resources

if everyone ate as much meat as americans we would need 6 earths to sustain that standard of living

maybe you'll be reincarnated as a woodland or farm animal in your next life, and you'll see how you feel about humans being at the top of the food chain...as in having the right to kill for fun and gluttony
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    So was our freezer.............LOL

So far I have a 1/4 hog in the freezer and about 1/8 of a grass fed beef and 2 whole chickens left. Wild Turkey and some bass we caught in the lake.................

We will be getting a half side of the buffalo, half side of the grass fed beef, 12 chickens and a side of pork for the winter...............
    Yes, i understand that...............

I don't understand why it is so offensive though. I would rather know WHAT I am eating than to go to the grocery and pick out some random steak or package of hamburger that has been shot up with hormones and antibiotics................

I even go gather my own eggs from the farm. Sometimes I have to shoo the chickens out of their nest in the Coop so I can get to them.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If anyone finds a particular thread offensive, don't go back to it. It's as simple as that. There is at least one thread on here that find offensive because of the innuendo content so I don't go to that thread.

It's not a bit offensive to me. I wouldn't mind having a freezer full of buffalo meat. Or any other kind of meat for that matter. My freezer is looking pretty bare right now. :laugh:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Well meat is yummy in my tummy as I no longer eat sweets..............

My eating plan consists of:

Meat and eggs nand raw nuts
    Lots of organic veggies
    and my sweet treats are whatever fruits I can buy locally that are in season.
    I'm also jealous, and would like a freezer full of meat.
    Never tried buffalo yet though.

I think what a few of the people might have a problem with is ,they saw the thread title "yummy, yummy in my tummy", and automatically thought of something with chocolate or something sweet etc.

So, in some respect, I guess the title could have been different to express the content of the thread.
    Hope it helps for future threads.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    if everyone ate as much meat as americans we would need 6 earths to sustain that standard of living

maybe you'll be reincarnated as a woodland or farm animal in your next life, and you'll see how you feel about humans being at the top of the food chain...as in having the right to kill for fun and gluttony

It is very true about how much meat americans really eat. It's actually kind of ridiculous.

Well said and agreed.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Well, I don't kill animals for fun or gluttony...............

We only get what my husband and I are going to eat and that is it. No more, no less.

Yes, we as humans are at the top of the food chain and it is for a reason.............

And, I am one of the biggest animal lovers out there. I feel some animals are meant to be eaten and I will enjoy them. That is one of God's gifts.

atleast they're living happy lives on a farm we're they're able to roam around as they please before they're slaughtered.
    healthier for everyone

i would hope we would be smart enough not to disrespect all the creatures of the earth and strip earth of its resources

• Kidvicious28
    Options
    This question is just out of curiosity and is in no way intended to offend anyone. I'm not being a d*ck about it and please don't read into it lol I'm just curious.

How do you know which animals are "meant to be eaten"? I've always wondered who decided to chose which animals are ok to eat and which ones are not. For example, certain Asian countries and/or the surrounding countries of them, eat dogs/cats/bugs etc etc but in America ppl are completely against eating dogs and cats. Now, I'm not saying it should be ok to eat these certain types of animals, but why do Americans pretty much stick to cows, pigs, turkeys, and chickens? Who says certain animals are meant to be ate?

Someone mentioned something about how are ancestors hunted animals to eat...but they also ate bugs as well.
    People ate insects early on, and choose not to as time went on...why don't ppl eat more bugs as well as animals? what's the difference?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    healthier for everyone

People don't get reincarnated. Besides, God said we could eat meat so it must be ok. :flowerforyou:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    That is a good question..............

I think for Americans we don't eat domesticated animals, where as other countries may think otherwise...........

I wouldn't have a cow or a pig for a pet (even though I have a neighbor that has a pot bellied pig that lives in the house with her)......... :laugh: :laugh:

I have 2 puppies and I could never eat them, they are like children to me. :love: :love:

This question is just out of curiosity and is in no way intended to offend anyone. I'm not being a d*ck about it and please don't read into it lol I'm just curious.

How do you know which animals are "meant to be eaten"? I've always wondered who decided to chose which animals are ok to eat and which ones are not. For example, certain Asian countries and/or the surrounding countries of them, eat dogs/cats/bugs etc etc but in America ppl are completely against eating dogs and cats. Now, I'm not saying it should be ok to eat these certain types of animals, but why do Americans pretty much stick to cows, pigs, turkeys, and chickens?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Beefalo or Buffalo - we have a beefalo farm about 15 minutes from here.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I love all this stereotyping! Real grown up!!! Duh!! People eat however they are taught to eat by their culture!!! It is a learned behaivor. Different cultures eat different ways. None of it wrong. God gave us reign over all creatures. If you choose to eat one animal and not eat another that is just your preference. I've watched alot of survial tv shows that opened my eyes up alot. You'll eat just about anything when your starving!! But everyone has their preferences! Also, I'm sure that choice is also made by what goes in that animal. I wouldn't want to eat an animal that feeds on dead carcuses! What goes in the animal that you are eating is important. Which is why people like the lady that started this thread is choosing to eat natural meat. and grass fed cows. Also, you wouldn't want to eat an animal that is close to extinct! Cows, turkeys, chickens, they are all easy to breed and multiply without threatening to wipe them out completely!! Anyways...just my honest opinion! everyone has a right to there own!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    No one said anything out of the way or got bent out of shape.

We simply answered your question with our own opinions.

Debate is good. Debate is healthy.

whoa...it was just a simple question.

Why does everyone get so bent out of shape?

This is why I don't like posting...i guess i'll stop.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to sound offensive! I said the stereotyping thing because several people said "americans eat alot of meat" ...lol..that is stereotyping! just my pet peive sorry.

and just gave my opinion...i was hoping to answer your question..nothing offensive
  • July24Lioness
    Options

The farm I am going to has Buffalo. There are beefalo farms locally too. I am already getting beef from another farmer, so I wanted buffalo to try out.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

The farm I am going to has Buffalo. There are beefalo farms locally too. I am already getting beef from another farmer, so I wanted buffalo to try out.

I'd love to know what you think about it - I haven't tried it. I imagine a "gamey" taste - but who knows.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I am assuming it is going to be a bit gamey also............

But, I am used to that since I eat rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, wild turkey, etc................

Grass fed beef tastes a little like, well grass. LOL...............it is very different than standard grocery meats...........

I'd love to know what you think about it - I haven't tried it. I imagine a "gamey" taste - but who knows.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Also, I wanted to make mention of the fact that with farm raised and /or wild raised meats, you eat less and are way more satisfied on less.

So, my family and I are actually helping the earth.

And I return more to the earth in the form of resources (such as composting and recycling) than most people..............

I don't even use standard cleaning supplies and I use soap nuts to wash my clothes (yes, they are nuts on a tree with natural soaping capability). The majority of my clothes are hung dry and my husband and I are looking at getting a wind mill set up to help with offsetting our electric bill and energy usage.

quote]
    healthier for everyone

[/quote]
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What is beefalo?
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What is beefalo?

Thank you for someone finally asking the question that I've been wondering over and over. :D
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Cow and a buffalo that were mated to have offspring that is beefalo.

What is beefalo?

Thank you for someone finally asking the question that I've been wondering over and over. :D