Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy

Options

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Cow and a buffalo that were mated to have offspring that is beefalo.

What is beefalo?

Thank you for someone finally asking the question that I've been wondering over and over. :D

Alright, that's what I figured.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    we eat steaks they eat rats they get theri protein from some where we should donate some beef fish chicken and tofu
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good for you Lioness! I can't believe the reaction of some people! Wow. I've had some buffalo burgers before, in a restaurant and a little diner in a mountain tourist town locally - both were very good! My old boss used to get buffalo from a buffalo ranch here in MT, and he enjoyed it very much. It's not as gamey as deer or elk. Hope you enjoy it! - from another jealous citizen :tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Cow and a buffalo that were mated to have offspring that is beefalo.

What is beefalo?

Thank you for someone finally asking the question that I've been wondering over and over. :D

Alright, that's what I figured.

Me too, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :smile:
  • lizzys
    Options
    we eat steaks they eat rats they get theri protein from some where we should donate some beef fish chicken and tofu and beefalo:flowerforyou:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    we eat steaks they eat rats they get theri protein from some where we should donate some beef fish chicken and tofu and beefalo:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    This question is just out of curiosity and is in no way intended to offend anyone. I'm not being a d*ck about it and please don't read into it lol I'm just curious.

How do you know which animals are "meant to be eaten"? I've always wondered who decided to chose which animals are ok to eat and which ones are not. For example, certain Asian countries and/or the surrounding countries of them, eat dogs/cats/bugs etc etc but in America ppl are completely against eating dogs and cats. Now, I'm not saying it should be ok to eat these certain types of animals, but why do Americans pretty much stick to cows, pigs, turkeys, and chickens? Who says certain animals are meant to be ate?

Someone mentioned something about how are ancestors hunted animals to eat...but they also ate bugs as well.
    People ate insects early on, and choose not to as time went on...why don't ppl eat more bugs as well as animals? what's the difference?

In our culture here, we follow along the lines of Jewish traditions. Other Asian cultures are influenced by their various religions which dictate what animals are proper to eat. I'm no expert, you'd have to do some research to get any further info.

as for this thread.....eating such clean meat is quite an accomplishment in the state our american food industry is run, so I understand your enthusiasm Lioness, but.....i'm sure your aware there are many vegetarians and vegans on this site. I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone intentionally, but some sensitivity regarding this issue might be considered. just my 2 cents.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

maybe you'll be reincarnated as a woodland or farm animal in your next life, and you'll see how you feel about humans being at the top of the food chain...as in having the right to kill for fun and gluttony

Whoa now! No talking about Religion!!!!!!!!!

(Oh the irony.... hee hee)

I :heart: you all.
  • lizzys
    Options
    five hundred years ago people who got to thinking rats and mice were a tasty morsel wiped out over hafe of the worlds popualation and yes they did eat tham.never heard of a sheep doing that
  • mommared53
    Options
    five hundred years ago people who got to thinking rats and mice were a tasty morsel wiped out over hafe of the worlds popualation and yes they did eat tham.

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • lizzys
    Options
    sorry just a way to tell what you should eat
  • Cairo123
    Options
    While I appreciate a good steak, seeing the Buffalo pix took me aback. We ARE a culture that has forgotten where our meat stems from and your life is the opposite. Still, I'm uncomfortable seeing the Buffalo and you're pointing out their time of slaughter.
  • amicklin
    Options
    "" People don't get reincarnated. Besides, God said we could eat meat so it must be ok. :flowerforyou: ""

People not being reincarnated is your own personal belief and personal OPINION, which does not make it fact. Second, we are not supposed to bring religion into the forums.

I appreciate learning about everyone's different view points but stating your personal beliefs as facts does not help the discussion any. I was not condeming anyone for eating meat, I was mearling trying to let people know the sensitivity of the topic for some.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    "" People don't get reincarnated. Besides, God said we could eat meat so it must be ok. :flowerforyou: ""

People not being reincarnated is your own personal belief and personal OPINION, which does not make it fact. Second, we are not supposed to bring religion into the forums.

I appreciate learning about everyone's different view points but stating your personal beliefs as facts does not help the discussion any. I was not condeming anyone for eating meat, I was mearling trying to let people know the sensitivity of the topic for some.

Just curious, why did you come back to this thread if it bothers you so much?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Politelty walks back out this topic':laugh: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My husband hunts every year.......we always end up with a chest freezer full of deer meat............cuts down on the grocery bill alot!!!! We have steaks, burger, roasts, etc. made!!
  • amicklin
    Options

That is exactly what I am doing :)
  • mommared53
    Options

That is exactly what I am doing :)

Yes, I believe I'll do the same thing before I get my crazy self in trouble. :bigsmile: :devil: :laugh:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with knowing where your meat is coming from and I can walk into any grocery store and picture the pig, chicken, cow, or sheep that it came from........

I just get to personally pick mine out - which is what a lot of people do. I am excited that I have the opportunity to pick out a buffalo, cow, pig and multiple chickens.

They are raised and slaughtered in a MUCH, more humane way than anything the rest of you eat from the grocery store, so that in itself makes me feel proud that I am not contributing to factory farming in any shape, form or fashion.

I live local and eat local.

While I appreciate a good steak, seeing the Buffalo pix took me aback. We ARE a culture that has forgotten where our meat stems from and your life is the opposite. Still, I'm uncomfortable seeing the Buffalo and you're pointing out their time of slaughter.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I suppose if we evil carnivores come back as woodland creatures, depending on the creature, we may be even more ruthless in our stalking and killing of prey (i.e. FOOD). I don't think it changes much in the scheme of things. We do as we're hard-wired to do.

For those that have never personally witnessed where their food comes from, it's quite an experience to hunt and/or fish, then gut and clean your catch. Gruesome for some, but it's pure Darwin in action and nothing more true to our evolution.

PS - I'm a bit envious of the spread of meat. I am sans-deep freezer at the current time, so I haven't been able to line up the purchase of a 1/2 cow.