Dating site or Fitness site?

Options

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm glad no one has asked me for pics! Sheesh. I know lots of people post close-up pics with small amounts of clothing to help show progress or muscle definition but that doesn't give anyone a right to ask them for naked pics. Ugh
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's whatever you want it to be......:)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Many people here have been overweight their whole lives. All of a sudden they are getting attention from the opposite sex.

She feels wanted, she feels sexy, she snaps a few shots in her bathroom with the toothpaste stained mirror lol

Haha this! And cheers to "toothpaste stained mirror" haha :drinker:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

I thought the exact same thing.

I'm really surprised people think she is scantily clad for progress pictures. If she were in church, I would think "Scantily clad" but for working out and showing progress?
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Woooooooah now. Anybody that has worked hard to shed the pounds is obviously gonna wanna show off their new bod! Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be putting it all out there, believe you me LOL.

Does that mean it's my fault if some creep is desperate enough to ask me for nudes? Um no.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dating site. Duh.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The internet, even this site, mimics what people whould like to be in real life.... and some are. Deal with it! :happy:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    There's a website for anything and everything that interests anybody. My only expectation is for the people on THIS website to abide by the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines I believe all of this is addressed there, including close up photos of breasts and photos in underwear and how low shorts and other bottom half apparel can be.

If you want to see/post your boobs, go to the boob site. If you want to see where someone has shaved their pubic hair, go to the shaved pubic hair site. I'm sure there are plenty of both.

And, you don't have to be half fricken naked to show your progress.

Many people are proud of what they have achieved! Losing 100 lbs and now wearing a bikini is a big achivement! Flaunt your success!

Here is a quote directly from that guideline page:

"If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic."

I guess nobody bothers to read the guidelines. Seems so.

So I am assuming that those beating the rest of us about the head and shoulders with the rulez also never drive over the speed limit, and report and pay every cent of the sales taxes on their online purchases too, right? Oh, come on, the Pirate Code is not so much rules as it is....GUIDELINES!

Yep, that's the problem. Everyone feels "entitled" these days. The rules don't apply to them. They ARE guidelines, so be guided by them.

Edit: I'm sure if you violate the guidelines, you will not be criminally charged. The idea (for you entitled people) is that your revealing pictures on your profile photo may be offensive to some people. That is what MFP is attempting to avoid by requesting you don't post them. You are not running this company. MFP owners are and they want a site which stays, pretty much, G rated, so when someone is going through the forums, they are not put off by your profile photo. Is that so hard to understand? Why not put your revealing photos inside, instead of right up front where a person has no choice. The object of this site is not how sexy you can look, it's to help gain a healthy lifestyle. The girls saying they are just showing their progress with a close up of their mammary organs know that's not what they are doing. They want attention, which works with the mentality of most of the men here. Sorry guys, you encourage it.

You have a choice, you chose to let the actions of others bother you. Sad.
    Then we resort to personal insults.
    lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala499x371.jpg
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    There's a website for anything and everything that interests anybody. My only expectation is for the people on THIS website to abide by the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines I believe all of this is addressed there, including close up photos of breasts and photos in underwear and how low shorts and other bottom half apparel can be.

If you want to see/post your boobs, go to the boob site. If you want to see where someone has shaved their pubic hair, go to the shaved pubic hair site. I'm sure there are plenty of both.

And, you don't have to be half fricken naked to show your progress.

Many people are proud of what they have achieved! Losing 100 lbs and now wearing a bikini is a big achivement! Flaunt your success!

Here is a quote directly from that guideline page:

"If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic."

I guess nobody bothers to read the guidelines. Seems so.

So I am assuming that those beating the rest of us about the head and shoulders with the rulez also never drive over the speed limit, and report and pay every cent of the sales taxes on their online purchases too, right? Oh, come on, the Pirate Code is not so much rules as it is....GUIDELINES!

Yep, that's the problem. Everyone feels "entitled" these days. The rules don't apply to them. They ARE guidelines, so be guided by them.

Edit: I'm sure if you violate the guidelines, you will not be criminally charged. The idea (for you entitled people) is that your revealing pictures on your profile photo may be offensive to some people. That is what MFP is attempting to avoid by requesting you don't post them. You are not running this company. MFP owners are and they want a site which stays, pretty much, G rated, so when someone is going through the forums, they are not put off by your profile photo. Is that so hard to understand? Why not put your revealing photos inside, instead of right up front where a person has no choice. The object of this site is not how sexy you can look, it's to help gain a healthy lifestyle. The girls saying they are just showing their progress with a close up of their mammary organs know that's not what they are doing. They want attention, which works with the mentality of most of the men here. Sorry guys, you encourage it.

You have a choice, you chose to let the actions of others bother you. Sad.
    Then we resort to personal insults.
    lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala499x371.jpg

And thus upon yourself...
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Well most of the people I chat with on here live on the other side of the world so it wouldn't be great as a dating site!!!
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    Now this lady showed her progress with class. I think she looks a lot sexier than anyone with boobs hangin out...an other stuff hangin out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651665-i-have-reached-my-first-big-goal-pic

Ladies, take a hint!

Im not trying to date here, but i DO LOVE posting my progress pics, and have my friends tell me what changes they see ( my belly looks better, or arms look more toned, or back getting shapely)...i LOVE looking at others'bikini pics... I have worked SO HARD and am PROUD.
    19536421_1731.jpg

No shame in being proud and showing off. Its nice when people tell you that you have changed for the better.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Now this lady showed her progress with class. I think she looks a lot sexier than anyone with boobs hangin out...an other stuff hangin out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651665-i-have-reached-my-first-big-goal-pic

Ladies, take a hint!

Im not trying to date here, but i DO LOVE posting my progress pics, and have my friends tell me what changes they see ( my belly looks better, or arms look more toned, or back getting shapely)...i LOVE looking at others'bikini pics... I have worked SO HARD and am PROUD.
    19536421_1731.jpg

No shame in being proud and showing off. Its nice when people tell you that you have changed for the better.

I think this is a good photo. It's a good representation of how this woman has improved and she should be proud. See? It can be done without a close-up of boobs.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I think this is a good photo. It's a good representation of how this woman has improved and she should be proud. See? It can be done without a close-up of boobs.
    You're damn right it's a good photo.

That position is incredibly ****ing awkward.
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    @crobl...those are my workout clothes and I'm posting progress pictures. That's what we do here. I worked hard and proud to show off my abs and I don't think there's anything suggestive about the pix of my back muscles. I'm not talking about pics like mine. I'm seeing guys post pics of their butts in their skibbies and girls with just a shot of their boobs. There's a huge difference.

I agree with you!!! Some people on here are ONLY here to MOTIVATE and be MOTIVATED! not to flirt. I've said this once before on anothe thread. And I just like you post pics in my workout gear. Sorry to those females who are jealous and cannot wear typical workout gear and have an old tshirt and sweatpants.

If you have progress pics show them! It's motivation. If other people don't like what you have SCREW them, there just mad bc you eat clean and train mean and want to show it off (in a good way)
    As for BOOB pics ...Wh*res go elsewhere like Craigslist!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    fitness site with a bit of flirt... why not? :laugh:
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm actually NOT aware people use MFP as a dating site! Or to show off their private parts or flirt.
    ...Or maybe I'm just too ugly to flirt with? ;D
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    @crobl...those are my workout clothes and I'm posting progress pictures. That's what we do here. I worked hard and proud to show off my abs and I don't think there's anything suggestive about the pix of my back muscles. I'm not talking about pics like mine. I'm seeing guys post pics of their butts in their skibbies and girls with just a shot of their boobs. There's a huge difference.

I agree with you!!! Some people on here are ONLY here to MOTIVATE and be MOTIVATED! not to flirt. I've said this once before on anothe thread. And I just like you post pics in my workout gear. Sorry to those females who are jealous and cannot wear typical workout gear and have an old tshirt and sweatpants.

If you have progress pics show them! It's motivation. If other people don't like what you have SCREW them, there just mad bc you eat clean and train mean and want to show it off (in a good way)
    As for BOOB pics ...Wh*res go elsewhere like Craigslist!

No need to be hateful towards women who haven't made it to the point where they can wear "typical workout gear"... I thought you said some people on here are "ONLY here to MOTIVATE and be MOTIVATED".... well it appears as though you aren't one of those people
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Ladies, take a hint!

19536421_1731.jpg

what about from the front in the same bathing suit? is this acceptable? i think a lot of progress IS seen through abdominal fat being shed...hard to see in a shirt.

IMGP3111.jpg

my point is that for me it is helpful to post these pics and see the difference AND hear comments. My friends have also suggested different additions to my weight training to help in achieving my goals.I have many women on my friend list that tell me they love seeing my results and that it motivates them. I see nothing wring with showing my skin. Next one i post i hope to be able to show more progress in the abdominal area.
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options

Ladies, take a hint!

19536421_1731.jpg

what about from the front in the same bathing suit? is this acceptable? i think a lot of progress IS seen through abdominal fat being shed...hard to see in a shirt.

IMGP3111.jpg

my point is that for me it is helpful to post these pics and see the difference AND hear comments. My friends have also suggested different additions to my weight training to help in achieving my goals.I have many women on my friend list that tell me they love seeing my results and that it motivates them. I see nothing wring with showing my skin. Next one i post i hope to be able to show more progress in the abdominal area.

Definitely acceptable. Seeing a bathing suit in a photo is no different from seeing it at the beach. If you want to show your results, show the results the way you see fit, whether it is a bathing suit or tights or a tee.