Got a slow cooker! Throw your best ideas/recipes at me! :)

Options

Replies

• chiselle
    Options
    Bump..... bumpity.... bump - lots of fantastic ideas! I'm going to bring my slow cooker back up from the basement. and start using it again on Sundays. Love the planning - inspiring
  • ChristineEaton7210
    Options
    Bump ~ yummmmmy
  • cranjs
    Options
    Bumpety bump!
  • thepict51
    Options
    Some fantastic recipes on here. I'm new to this , can I ask how do you work out the calorific values etc.
    Bill
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    bump
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    All mine are at home and classified, so I am stealing those that are not.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clairegoodey
    clairegoodey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What is the cal for this?
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tons of great ideas. Definitely need to use my crock pot more often. Usually just do pot roast, pulled pork, and dips for parties.
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just did this today!

4-5 lbs pork (I used ribtips cus they were the cheapest)
    1 bottle of Caribean Jerk marinade (make sure to get it all by rinsing it with water and adding that to the crockpot)
    1 serrano pepper (chopped)
    1 large sweet onion (chopped)
    1 of each red yellow orange and green bell pepper (chopped)

on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, drain juices into bowl, shred the meat, add juice as you see fit!
  • thepict51
    Options
    Bump.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Basil chicken
    4 whole skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon basil
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1/2 cup sliced green pepper
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle with pepper and basil.  Spread soup on top of chicken. Arrange slices of green pepper and mushrooms on top of soup. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8

I just made this yesterday and my husband loved it. It is 287 calories per serving and it makes 4 servings
  • ibayiish
    ibayiish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great ideas some of these sound soon good
  • _CFi
    _CFi Posts: 11
    Options
    Google Weight Watchers Taco Bean Soup. We cook it in a crockpot on high for 6 hrs. We love it!!!! You can also serve over lettuce, add reduce fat shredded cheese, low fat sour crm., and crushed corn chips. It's yummy!!!!! Skinny taste has a ton of great ideas too.

I just read your post and want to thank you for turning me on to Skinnytaste.com I am so excited to eat healthy meals that look sooooo good
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork - take a pork tenderloin, cover it with diet root beer cook on low for several hours (4-6), remove, drain liquid, shredded pork with 2 forks, pour some of your favorite BBQ sauce on the shredded pork - just enough to cover when tossed over meat (I use Dinosaur BBQ sauce but depending where you live this might be difficult to find so use your favorite).....very easy and quite delicious. I serve this over light wheat rolls.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    love,love,love my slow cooker.favorite new recipe is Reuben Chicken: put 4-5 boneless chicken breast in bottom of crockpot,
    spread a 2lb bag,or canned sauerkraut over top,
    cover with thin slices of Swiss cheese (they have fat-free),
    spread 1-2 cups Thousand Island dressing(again fat-free)
    crockpot on low for 8 hours.

Delicious even as leftovers.I shred the chicken right in the crockpot when its done.add more dressing if needed when heating up as leftover
  • donnakcraig
    donnakcraig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    just put a small turkey breast with some water and it will be the most tender meat of all. cook over night.

if you want you can add onion or cercely, but great just cooked plain.
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    Will have to try that