Proof Lifting heavy doesn't bulk up females - PICS

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'm skrry that a lot of people can't appreciate the hard work that you've put into this. It's an amazing change, and I would love to look like you. You look amazing in both, but I absolutely love your afters. Just ignore those who are being rude.

It isn't rude to worry about someone's health.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm skrry that a lot of people can't appreciate the hard work that you've put into this. It's an amazing change, and I would love to look like you. You look amazing in both, but I absolutely love your afters. Just ignore those who are being rude.

It isn't rude to worry about someone's health.

She doesn't look unhealthy. I think people who see this as unhealthy are taking in the contrast to much of a tan pic against an un-tan pic of herself. I'm that pale if I don't tan, alot of people are. And to one person who stated anorexic looking, she is by far from looking anorexic. There are no bones that are protruding that shouldn't be, she is skinner then the before picture but not to an unhealthy point.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Normally below maintenance. between 1500-1900. But not a massive deflict. Now that I've cut down on carbs and upped protein and fat I just eat if I'm hungry, I don't look at calories anymore. But I'm not as hungry as I use to be on my "low fat" diet.
    In 2 weeks I'm going to cut right down on carbs and hopefully that will remove more fat and show some muscle.
    I think you need to eat properly to grow and develop muscle, then cut down and remove the fat. you can't do both.

I think your results are amazing and motivational. I just hope that you're still eating enough to stay healthy. Being "not as hungry" can easily lead to undereating, so just be careful with that.
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Me too....almost looks anorexic
    Anorexia is a DISEASE not a SIZE
    Someone can be a size 30, and still be anorexic.
    Keep your ignorance to yourself please.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Please dont take this the wrong way, but i think you looked better before, more womanly. However i applaud your hard work :-)

Agreed. I think now you look too thin and ALMOST sickly. Before, you were nearly perfect, in my honest opinion.
    However, I also applaud your hard work, and at the end of the day it comes down to how YOU see yourself and how YOU feel about yourself. So long as you're happy and healthy, nothing else matters. :)

I agree but then that is just my opinion I applaud your efforts to get to your goals
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wow people are nasty!!!! You look great and with a few bulk cycle you could be a fitness model. I enjoy lifting heavy very much also.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am very far from being anorexic. if anorexics eat 3 cheesecakes for desert like I did last night, they have fun!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nice :) Have you considered eating at a surplus instead? I have been lifting weights and eating either around maintenance or up to 300ish calories over it and I'm still maintaining the same weight... have been for a couple of months.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    She put her picture on here for peoples honest opinion and she is getting it.
    I don't believe that anyone is trying to hurt her feelings in any way. They are just telling her what they think.
    I don't think anything that has been said has been nasty or mean in any way.

I thought you looked great before!! I applaud your hard work and dedication. It comes down to what you want to look like.
    And how you feel.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    She put her picture on here for peoples honest opinion and she is getting it.
    I don't believe that anyone is trying to hurt her feelings in any way. They are just telling her what they think.
    I don't think anything that has been said has been nasty or mean in any way.

I thought you looked great before!! I applaud your hard work and dedication. It comes down to what you want to look like.
    And how you feel.

Exactly. If you put your pictures on a public web site, you need to be prepared for all responses.

I also think you looked better in your before pictures, but I like a few more curves. I would also love to have your before body!
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I gotta say that I would love to look like you in your before pic! What a great body!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Her point was that lifting heavy doesnt make you bullky.
  • crastatter86
    crastatter86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please dont take this the wrong way, but i think you looked better before, more womanly. However i applaud your hard work :-)
    I actually agree, you do look better before, with more curves. No need to lose any fat there you looked amazing!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It is unreal to me...some of these comments. It seems like there is never a "right" before and after, you're either too fat, or too thin, eating too much fat, not eating enough fat, etc. And seriously people, stop hiding behind the words "we're just worried about your health". I seriously doubt that. I could be wrong, I am wrong an awful lot..but I suspect that telling this girl that she looks sickly/anorexic/too thin is just as harmful to her self esteem as telling me I am a super fatty is to me. One wrong word to someone can put them off their path in a matter of minutes.

If you're pissed off at me right now, look inside, because you know that you have had someone react overly negative to something you were excited about, and you know it sucked balls. Of course, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but if it is SO negative, why say that to her on an open forum? Gentle questioning is much different than out and out painful comments. If you TRULY are concerned about her health, why not message her? I just don't understand, and it makes me really, really sad.

In my opinion, you look like you put in some really GREAT work, and if you are happy with yourself, that really is ALL that matters.

No need to bash me, I won't be coming back to this post. I think I've lost enough faith in humanity and basic compassion for one day.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options

I agree

Oops I feel bad now, but guess people are like me & prefer honesty. The "black" photos, you look curvy, womanly & may I say downright sexy. In the "whites" you look too thin, jmo.

It isn't what is aesthetically pleasing to others though, so great job on the life changes & going after your goals. Well Done :)

Russ
    Agree with this! You look smokin hot in the black Photos!!!!! :happy:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You look womanly, feminine, or whatever it is in both photos. But your b4 picture is my goal! great work, I was thinking this morning durring my walk that I need to start lifting.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think the original point of the thread is proven.....lifting won't make you bulky.....i think with a few bulk cycles you would look great.....by stripping away the fat you do look pretty small.....far from anorexic though. IMHO keep it up....don't be afraid to eat at a slight surplus and gain some muscle mass though. I think you would be happy with the results.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Her point was that lifting heavy doesnt make you bullky.

Yup.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You look feminine! You look great, you look tighter. I'd be intimidate to gawk in person! :-P great work
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look great,
    nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!