Stop bashing!

Options
I see threads on here all the time with people bashing others for looking a certain way.
Please, just stop. It's disgusting.
We are all here for the same reason. To lose weight and get fit, obviously.
Stop bashing people for being too big/too little and focus on YOUR body and YOUR goals. Not everyone else's.

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I see threads on here all the time with people bashing others for looking a certain way.
    Stop bashing people for being too big/too little and focus on YOUR body and YOUR goals. Not everyone else's.

Those who bash need to feel better about themselves.
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Fat and fit, skinny and fit, curvy and fit!! We all are aiming for a different look but at the end we are all heading to the same main goal which is to be FIT!!! I don't understand why people feel the need to separate each other into different groups. I mean its ridiculous really. From fat bashing to skinny bashing to separate gyms based on weight. Blah!! It is disgusting OP!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

I'll drink to this :drinker:
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Insecurities......and yes, you're right....it's disgusting and shouldn't be allowed......
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :grumble: They are all just meanies
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amen! What's the real point here...to blather on about what we like to see in other people, or to achieve our fitness goals, WHATEVER they might be? I kinda thought I joined myfitnesspal, not myunsolicitedopinionpal.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Amen! What's the real point here...to blather on about what we like to see in other people, or to achieve our fitness goals, WHATEVER they might be? I kinda thought I joined myfitnesspal, not myunsolicitedopinionpal.
    You are funny:flowerforyou:
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with all the comments. It's absolutely deplorable and does nothing but discourage and destroy those that already feel shameful about the way they look.

As a former personal trainer, I have seen too many times individuals who were so uncomfortable talking to someone about weight loss, let alone opening the door of a fitness center. I would spend a lot of time working to make them comfortable and feel welcome. As I would show them around, I would introduce them to people just like them.

It's bad enough out there in our home towns, at work, at church .... everywhere, but on here. Talk about a bunch of hypocrites that bash others that are overweight. I'm sure most of the bashers had what they would consider a weight issue or over fat issue.

I commend all those who put it out there, shed light on their problem, and want to be held accountable and encouraged by their "peers."
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @ myunsolicitedopinionpal! Agreed! We are supposed to teach our kids not to judge by appearance and not bully yet we as adults do it! And the bottom line is you can't win! When I was heavy I got teased...now that I'm fit and hardly any of my "real life" peers are I get teased for being snooty and Olive Oil and thinking I'm perfect. So F what anyone thinks! The only ppl I have to please are me and God!
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Well put.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree! And I think sometimes when people feel judged it becomes a perpetuating circle. It's ok for us all to be different, have different reasons for being here, to learn new things, and to maintain what we already love to do. :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    And starting a thread to complain about people complaining achieves WHAT exactly?

You're quite right, but complaining doesn't suddenly make everybody nice :smile:
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have even seen posts where people have met their goals whether it be their final weight or the toning after they reach that weight and they get bashed for not being sexy, or girly or curvy! Seriously!?!? They worked their butts off (literally) to get there, they don't need someone telling them they look bad! I mean how would you feel if a random stranger on the street walked up to you and said "you're too fat" or "you have too much muscle and it's not attractive on women" or whatever?

I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear it so don't dish it! Some people have no common sense!!!

It bugs me enough when people tell me I don't need to lose weight. I thank them for telling me that but the reality is I have learned to dress in a way to hide it. And if you feel a jiggle when you walk and don't want to feel that anymore....or look like you're just starting to show a new baby belly and it's not a baby!!! Guess what...I'm going to lose the weight and if anyone has a problem with it...well they can kiss it!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Are you bashing the bashers? Does it feel a little weird?
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    And starting a thread to complain about people complaining achieves WHAT exactly?

You're quite right, but complaining doesn't suddenly make everybody nice :smile:

Sometime's I complain about something just to vent and get it off my chest and then I move on with my life. So I'm sure by starting a thread that's what it does because sometime's I can't call my friends to vent about some of the stuff in my life because they don't understand, so you can vent here!
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options

I'm not bashing anybody. I'm stating a fact.
  • eidnahenri
    eidnahenri Posts: 16
    Options
    Some of us lurk more than we post because of the bashers. After years on other forums, the only ones where I've seen this happen more are on dating sites.

So many people have a hard enough time reaching out to others, especially when they're trying to improve their lives. Some who observe before reaching out won't do so because they can already see what's coming if they do.

Shameful really...
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I'm not bashing anybody. I'm stating a fact.

It's called bashing, and yes you just did it. You state that you don't like when people are mean to other people so you yell at the mean people. Really doesn't make you any different than the mean people, you just chose a different topic to try to bash on. I agree that it happens and maybe shouldn't but that shouldn't change how you get healthy.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Reading some of the posts on here today reminded me of why I never post on another bodybuilding forum (won't mention the name). Too much bashing and name calling. Reminds me of high school all over again but most of these are adults and should know better.