Stop bashing!

Options

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Are you bashing the bashers? Does it feel a little weird?

I'm not bashing anybody. I'm stating a fact.

It's called bashing, and yes you just did it. You state that you don't like when people are mean to other people so you yell at the mean people. Really doesn't make you any different than the mean people, you just chose a different topic to try to bash on. I agree that it happens and maybe shouldn't but that shouldn't change how you get healthy.

I'm not "yelling" at anyone. I'm stating my opinion. Last time I checked, stating an opinion and bashing were two different things. Also, take note of how I said the action was disgusting, not the people doing it. Case closed.
  • Manya63
    Manya63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I look at it this way....1) If the bashers look so super hot, why then did you seek out a site like this?
    2) If you make judgements on how someone looks during their journey.....get yourself a full lenghth mirror!
    3) Maybe the bashers should consider losing the attitude BEFORE the weight!
    4) Noone cares about disrespectful opinions EXCEPT when we laugh at how foolish it looks to act that way!

To all struggling ......you are all terrific and GOD BLESS you on your journey to be healthier, happier people!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Someone get this woman a drink!!
    I'm glad someone posted this tonight. :)
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I see threads on here all the time with people bashing others for looking a certain way.
    Please, just stop. It's disgusting.
    We are all here for the same reason. To lose weight and get fit, obviously.
    Stop bashing people for being too big/too little and focus on YOUR body and YOUR goals. Not everyone else's.

Those who bash need to feel better about themselves.

^^ THIS!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i like this post.

maybe they think complaining/being rude burns more calories?
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options

I completely agree that people need to stop bashing/harassing other's lifestyle choices, but I think this assumption is why people start bashing others. They assume we are all here for the same reason, but it seems like that might not be accurate. Some people are here for fun, others are pro ana/mia, some people need to gain weight, etc.

People need to remember that everyone uses this site a little differently and that is ok, no judgement needed!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options

It's called bashing, and yes you just did it. You state that you don't like when people are mean to other people so you yell at the mean people. Really doesn't make you any different than the mean people, you just chose a different topic to try to bash on. I agree that it happens and maybe shouldn't but that shouldn't change how you get healthy.

Yeah, but the bashing *could* change how someone gets healthy.

People calling you an anorexic when you've worked hard to attempt to lift heavy and be more fit could seriously derail you and make you feel like crap about yourself.

Or how about saying that "obviously" thin people are discouraging to see. Like they shouldn't exist.

Or how about telling people I don't see much/any change between your before and afters.

I could go on.

Certain bashing comments could make someone feel like crap about themselves and completely derail them from their journey, whatever it may be.
  • delaney056
    Options
    i like this post.

Idk. I just needed to get it off my chest, because the whole point of this website is to help people lose/gain weight the healthy way. That is the reason this website exists. People are on here looking for support and advice, not negativity about how they look. Most of us are on here for that reason. Telling people they're ugly for looking a certain way is just grotesque and it will definitely not encourage them.
  • delaney056
    Options

I completely agree that people need to stop bashing/harassing other's lifestyle choices, but I think this assumption is why people start bashing others. They assume we are all here for the same reason, but it seems like that might not be accurate. Some people are here for fun, others are pro ana/mia, some people need to gain weight, etc.

People need to remember that everyone uses this site a little differently and that is ok, no judgement needed!

Very true!
  • delaney056
    Options

Yeah, but the bashing *could* change how someone gets healthy.

People calling you an anorexic when you've worked hard to attempt to lift heavy and be more fit could seriously derail you and make you feel like crap about yourself.

Or how about saying that "obviously" thin people are discouraging to see. Like they shouldn't exist.

Or how about telling people I don't see much/any change between your before and afters.

I could go on.

Certain bashing comments could make someone feel like crap about themselves and completely derail them from their journey, whatever it may be.

You just said everything I've been trying to say :P lol. Thank you! That's my point!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I'm not "yelling" at anyone. I'm stating my opinion. Last time I checked, stating an opinion and bashing were two different things. Also, take note of how I said the action was disgusting, not the people doing it. Case closed.

I apologize for injecting my differing opinion into your stop bashing rant. I should have realized that if you were really yelling you would have used all caps. Please don't bash me anymore for chosing to voice my opinion of how slightly hypocritical your opinion is. I also wish to apologize for replying to your last reply since you said case closed. I hope you find what you are looking for on this site.
  • delaney056
    Options

I apologize for injecting my differing opinion into your stop bashing rant. I should have realized that if you were really yelling you would have used all caps. Please don't bash me anymore for chosing to voice my opinion of how slightly hypocritical your opinion is. I also wish to apologize for replying to your last reply since you said case closed. I hope you find what you are looking for on this site.

You're bashing me for "bashing". Does that feel a little weird?
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Lol have to admit I read these kinds of posts because of the entertainment value of the responses. I totally agree that people need to stop being judgmental, though am not sure if judging a judger is hypocritical or just calling attention to a fundamental flaw in human nature? Either way I will admit to totally being judgmental of others (it's a flaw, I'm working on it), though never on this site, everyone here deserves kudos and support just for being brave enough to be open about their fitness goals.

Fun game? making bets about how many replies will be posted before a troll comes on the scene (I like to read troll posts with cryptic background music playing in my head)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    i like this post.

Idk. I just needed to get it off my chest, because the whole point of this website is to help people lose/gain weight the healthy way. That is the reason this website exists. People are on here looking for support and advice, not negativity about how they look. Most of us are on here for that reason. Telling people they're ugly for looking a certain way is just grotesque and it will definitely not encourage them.

Link? I've never seen anyone call anyone ugly or say anything disparaging, but I'm newish. The closest I've seen is telling an obviously underweight young girl that she might want to re-think that weight loss goal, and as a mother I think it's irresponsible NOT to say something in that case. That's not bashing, it's concern.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i like this post.

Link? I've never seen anyone call anyone ugly or say anything disparaging, but I'm newish. The closest I've seen is telling an obviously underweight young girl that she might want to re-think that weight loss goal, and as a mother I think it's irresponsible NOT to say something in that case. That's not bashing, it's concern.

There is plenty on here. Trust me.

It isn't easy to give links in this case because the MFP mods delete the threads completely instead of just locking them as most boards do. Thus, the evidence is gone, but those who saw it will remember it.

You probably will not see it unless you become extremely active on the boards. The threads tend to get shut down pretty quick.

Not saying bashing is the only thing on MFP, or that MFP isn't great (it is! :D). However, there has been a bit more of it floating around lately, so that is probably what prompted this thread.

It is just a reminder for people to consider how they might be making someone feel before they post <3
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ive never seen any bashing going on and Ive been on this site for a few years. Maybe I missed it (thank goodness) or it was a rare random thing.

Pretty sad if so.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Ive never seen any bashing going on and Ive been on this site for a few years. Maybe I missed it (thank goodness) or it was a rare random thing.

Pretty sad if so.

Ditto. I really don't think there's a bashing problem here. I rarely see someone being slammed for being skinny or fat. Most of the "bashing" I see is when someone posts something that's BS or recommends something that's unhealthy or dangerous (or for being a Beachbody coach lol). They should be bashed. Some people are more outspoken than others and some have different ways of getting their point across....just like in the face to face world. There's no problem here....move on.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new here, and I see it :(

I will tell someone if they are posting something that is untrue...like in the nutrition forum...but if I see someone who I think doesn't look good (not that I do very often) I just won't say anything. Who needs that? If you're brave enough to post a picture of yourself, kudos to you!

However, if I see someone who's clearly worked their butt off..I will proudly post..good for them :)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Pretty sad if so.

Ditto. I really don't think there's a bashing problem here. I rarely see someone being slammed for being skinny or fat. Most of the "bashing" I see is when someone posts something that's BS or recommends something that's unhealthy or dangerous (or for being a Beachbody coach lol). They should be bashed. Some people are more outspoken than others and some have different ways of getting their point across....just like in the face to face world. There's no problem here....move on.

There's whole threads dedicated to slamming people because of their weight or body type. I posted a link on my wall to one this morning. It made me feel bad.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    *many* people are mean.
    *many* people are insecure.
    *many* people feel tough because their fingers get a better workout then their bodies, so they come here to flex their muscles.

It drives me crazy, these body bashers need to worry more about their own "problem areas" and less about everyone else's!