Anyone else addicted to driving?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
I think I'm addicted to driving.
I get up earlier before work and drive around before work for like an hour, I'll drive around even when I'm not going anywhere. Up to 4-5 hours+ a day, just me, my music and the car. I know I need to stop as fuel prices are ridiculous but I don't know how to :/

Anyone else?

Replies

• alfie1313
    alfie1313 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I cant help you as im the opposite and hate driving LOL :-) I only go out in the car when i have to... for work, shopping or picking people up etc... :-) I wish I did have your love for driving tho, enjoy it :-)
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love driving! I am in Colorado (in the Western USA) and go anywhere driving for the freedom of the road! More blue lines......!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lucky you to have 4-5 hours a day free just to drive around!! Maybe you could think of some more productive things to do instead?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I think it's not the driving but the relaxation and solitude.
    Try this instead.
    Get some head phones and go for a walk; get addicted to that.
    Walking is better for you and great for internal well being. And it requires NO GAS :bigsmile:
    Good Luck.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE driving, but I can only afford petrol for my short commute. I don't even have money to drive at the weekend to explore the local area.
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try this instead.
    Walking is better for you and great for internal well being. And it requires NO GAS :bigsmile:
    Good Luck.

great replacement, will save you time and gas and money AND you get exercise :-D
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    not since driving 17 hours across country LOL
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Try this instead.
    Good Luck.

great replacement, will save you time and gas and money AND you get exercise :-D

Sounds about right. It's usually after work/school actually.
    Get up at 7am to workout, go to work from 10am-5pm then into the night it is..
    Only problem is that it's not very safe to walk around canberra late at night.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Lucky you to have 4-5 hours a day free just to drive around!! Maybe you could think of some more productive things to do instead?

Wow... That was a little rude. Maybe for her, driving IS productive, because it makes her feel good. Not everything we do in life needs to 'produce' something.

I love driving too OP. I think part of the reason is i didnt get my licencse til i was 24... Even years later, i still sometimes feel excited to have my license, and my own car, and to be able to dive wherever I want :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

Wow... That was a little rude. Maybe for her, driving IS productive, because it makes her feel good. Not everything we do in life needs to 'produce' something.

I love driving too OP. I think part of the reason is i didnt get my licencse til i was 24... Even years later, i still sometimes feel excited to have my license, and my own car, and to be able to dive wherever I want :)

Now that I think about it, it is actually kinda like therapy to me. One of the only times my anxiety isn't playing up :/

Also, considering I work full time and go to school full time atm, I do feel like I produce enough within my time.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Would you mind considering the impact your addiction is having on the rest of us? There is so much environmental damage being done by cars, that I for one would be grateful if you could try to limit your excursions to more essential journeys.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Would you mind considering the impact your addiction is having on the rest of us? There is so much environmental damage being done by cars, that I for one would be grateful if you could try to limit your excursions to more essential journeys.

I could try but considering this is actually a stress relief for me i don't know how much different it would make...

What environmental damage are you talking about?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    bump
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area with lots of fun back roads to explore. When I was in my early twenties, before I had my son, my husband, best friend, and I were drive around the country back roads for hours. We've found many neat little creeks, waterfalls, or spots along the river.

We don't really do that anymore. Gas prices, I don't have that much free time anymore, and plus my son doesn't like being confined to the carseat :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Er....really?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

Er....really?

No like I know about the general damage, but I do not know to which extent....
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I actually hate driving (driving in the city will do that to you). I used to just hop in my car, throw on some music and just cruise anywhere but now i can just thrown on some headphones and walk it.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i like driving and have no prob making a 15hr drive from atl to nyc or atl to mia but aimless driving is for the birds (not calling you a bird just a saying) gas is too stanking high for all that mess.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Uh..I like it =/
    I've had my license for about 3 years now.. but I just got my own car this past Feb. I also just moved to Myrtle Beach.. and during Summer there is a *kitten* load of traffic.. it makes me very nervous. I do really like to drive, I just still get so nervous because I've had an accident and the traffic.. =(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Driving is a big passion of mine. My dream job would be a touring or rally car driver and I have a knack for it - I've done a few days in a rally car and always destroyed everyone else on the day (not pro's). I just lack the funding to build a car and get into a league.