What?! Duggars expecting 19th child?! Running out of "J" nam

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    gee-- somehow I'm thinking it's none of our business.

In the sense that they are supporting themselves and not on the dole, it's not our business. However, the planet can only support so many people. It's irresponsible.

How about all the people who chose not to have their 2.3 children? Can't they have the extras?:wink:

Is it up to 2.3 now?

Hmmm...whaddyaknow? I thought it was 2.2.

Go figure.:wink:

Well I borrowed my friends .7 when she only had one with 1/2 a brain:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    gee-- somehow I'm thinking it's none of our business.

In the sense that they are supporting themselves and not on the dole, it's not our business. However, the planet can only support so many people. It's irresponsible.

How about all the people who chose not to have their 2.3 children? Can't they have the extras?:wink:

Is it up to 2.3 now?

Hmmm...whaddyaknow? I thought it was 2.2.

Go figure.:wink:

Well I borrowed my friends .7 when she only had one with 1/2 a brain:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/01/michelle-duggar-pregnant_n_273616.html

According to the Huffington Post, the Duggars family will have:

(if they breed at the same rate)

2nd generation = 400

3rd generation = 8,000

4th generation = 160.000

5th generation = 3.2 million

The family are followers of an Evangelical movement called Quiverful.

If they BREED??:laugh: :laugh: OMG............I gave birth to humans, I didn't breed. I am not a German Shephard.

That is hilarious.

Ok........I am going back to my book. have a nice day!
  • Marla64
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/01/michelle-duggar-pregnant_n_273616.html

According to the Huffington Post, the Duggars family will have:

(if they breed at the same rate)

2nd generation = 400

3rd generation = 8,000

4th generation = 160.000

5th generation = 3.2 million

The family are followers of an Evangelical movement called Quiverful.

If they BREED??:laugh: :laugh: OMG............I gave birth to humans, I didn't breed. I am not a German Shephard.

That is hilarious.

Ok........I am going back to my book. have a nice day!

more intelligence in your comic book, eh?

Whaddyagonnado?:noway:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Marla, I agree full-heartedly with your outlook on this!:smile:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    Just like J&K+8, putting their family on tv is their choice and means we all get to have our opinions!

I think the family is fascinating and evidence that there are so many different ways to live. That is, the standard 2.5 kids, dog, soccor mom, etc lifestyle that seems normal to me, isn't the only way to live. Everyone in the show seems to love each other, and have good morals but I think they do seem to feel self-conscious in front of the camera. Like they don't want anyone to see them get mad or irritated.

As far as having too many kids, well... I'd rather see the Duggars have about 50 more kids than see some of the people around me have even one. We need more people like them in the world to balance out the a--holes. :laugh:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    Let's come up with some J names for them... have they used "Jeremy" yet?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Let's come up with some J names for them... have they used "Jeremy" yet?

bonnie....see earlier post.... I think it's 2.3 kids per family. :laugh:

As for J names....hmmmm.... Julius? Jillian?
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    K, I found a list of their first 17 kids' names:

Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer

Still no Jeremy or Jillian... tho Jeremiah and Jill are on there... I guess Jeremy is short for Jeremiah? and Jillian would be too close to Jill. So Julius would work, Marla! hehe!
    Ooo, I just thought of another one: Juan.
  • Marla64
    Options
    hey....duhhh....Jane! Too plain?
  • Marla64
    Options
    *snickering* Juan....:laugh:

Somehow I don't think that would work.

That one is hereby thrown out on a technicality.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    what about jesse/jessie or julianne?? There are PLENTY of other j names. I completely agree that it is none our business how many kids they have, although I do believe 19 is a little extreme....But as was said before at least they are respectful loving individuals who will probably be able to raise their children the same way. There are many people in this world who shouldn't or can't have children so they're making up for the ones who can't and raising more productive/sane children who can participate and bring something meaningful to the world!:flowerforyou:

Disclaimer: This is my opinion if you don't like I don't want to read you fighting me about it!

I think all posts should have this on it, there would be alot less "arguing" on the boards!:smile:
  • Innerglow
    Options
    And yes marla I don't think Juan would make the list!:laugh:
  • shinybonnie
    Options

No Juan? What about Jorge? Or Jesus? Juanita? Come on, guys! Heehee! Sorry, I live in a town that is 60% hispanic, so it was a forehead slapping moment for me when I was wracking my brain for "J" names.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    And yeah, Meg, I like Julieanne or Juillian... however you would spell it. :flowerforyou:
  • Innerglow
    Options

No Juan? What about Jorge? Or Jesus? Juanita? Come on, guys! Heehee! Sorry, I live in a town that is 60% hispanic, so it was a forehead slapping moment for me when I was wracking my brain for "J" names.

:laugh: My city is probably more like 85%. I work at a call center and when people call in with hispanic names they spell it really slowly like i'm an idiot. I just want to say, I KNOW HOT TO SPELL IT! But i'm not allowed!:ohwell: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    OF COURSE there is always

Jeannine:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer and Jeannine:flowerforyou:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    oh yeah, and Jeanette, Janet, Jamimah.... lol
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Just think, if it weren't for the media shoving it in our face, we wouldn't even know about it.

true enough...and they're right there with the reality show....

We know about it because they want us to know about it. There is an audience for them....it sells. When it stops selling, we'll stop knowing.

It will continue to boggle, however, how anybody can criticize how many children a family wants to have. Perhaps China would be a better choice?

:noway:

FYI, China has a one-child only per family policy in their country to curb their population explosion. I'm not saying it is the right policy or the wrong policy. I'm just telling you what China has.

And some of you mentioned having 9, or more children. The Duggars are Quiverfuls. Are any of you Quiverfuls? They're doing this as part of their religious practice. That's the difference. They're having this many children because of their religion and what they believe in.

There is nothing wrong with what the Duggars are doing?? Why do they get special treatment just because they're Quiverfuls?? What if all the people on this entire planet of people are Quiiverfuls and all wanted to have 20 kids per family? Would their be a problem then?? You see something wrong with it now or not??