What?! Duggars expecting 19th child?! Running out of "J" nam

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just think, if it weren't for the media shoving it in our face, we wouldn't even know about it.

true enough...and they're right there with the reality show....

We know about it because they want us to know about it. There is an audience for them....it sells. When it stops selling, we'll stop knowing.

It will continue to boggle, however, how anybody can criticize how many children a family wants to have. Perhaps China would be a better choice?

:noway:

FYI, China has a one-child only per family policy in their country to curb their population explosion. I'm not saying it is the right policy or the wrong policy. I'm just telling you what China has.

And some of you mentioned having 9, or more children. The Duggars are Quiverfuls. Are any of you Quiverfuls? They're doing this as part of their religious practice. That's the difference. They're having this many children because of their religion and what they believe in.

What is your point, if I may ask?
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Michelle/Jim Bob are doing this because they are Quiverfuls and it's deemed ok because they are.

My point is what if all the people on this planet were Quiverfuls and did exactly what they did. Would it be deemed ok then???!!!

Think about it.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I disagree with China's one-child policy. I do not believe in saving the environment by sacrificing people. But that's just me. Maybe I am overly fond of babies.

I don't know anything about the Quiverful religion. But, (and I'm guessing here, cause I have no idea what the Duggers believe) if it means something about keeping your Quiver full of arrows, then I think it's a better investment plan than counting on Social Security to keep you in your old age! :tongue:

In our family, my husband and I have a freindly argument about how to prepare for our golden years. He thinks we are fine to trust in his work pension and social security. I am much more skeptical that those things will actually be there in 30-40 years. My grandmother was telling me about how her investments in the stock market had taken big losses this past year. I told her that she didn't need to worry about those investments because she had made a more important investment about 30 years ago when she gave up her time to help my dad raise me...

Makes me think I should get busy having more kids... But I've finally lost all the baby weight!! Augh, what to do!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Michelle/Jim Bob are doing this because they are Quiverfuls and it's deemed ok because they are.

My point is what if all the people on this planet were Quiverfuls and did exactly what they did. Would it be deemed ok then???!!!

Think about it.

What if all the people on the planet were suicide bombers??

The Duggars are one family and if they can afford 19 or 49 children it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Think about it.

Think about this:

What if it is a Duggar who finds the cure for cancer? Or the 18th kid saves the lives of a family in a burning building? Will it be ok then??
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't mind.
    I think the kids are extremely nice, respectful, and caring.
    For the older girls, having to take care of 10+ siblings is going to teach them responsibility in ways that no other kid will be able to.

I do think people are allowed to have opinions, that's why I'm not going to flame anybody else's (or try not to, at least, LOL) and that's why I'm posting mine.

As for the China thing, I think we should drop it.
    Most of us are from America, or the UK.
    Most importantly, the family currently being discussed is from the US. It's a bit pointless to bring up other countries' policies.

*off the soap box now*
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Think about it.

The Duggars are one family and if they can afford 19 or 49 children it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

The point is that it will affect FUTURE lives and generations who will live on an over-populated poisoned planet without clean food.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    It's debateable whether future generations will have an "over-populated poisoned planet without clean food." I personally do not believe that the Duggers are contributing to what you fear.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Think about it.

The point is that it will affect FUTURE lives and generations who will live on an over-populated poisoned planet without clean food.

What do you use as kitty litter?
    Do you use plastic bags for trash?
    Drive a car?

Do you grow food in your space?

We all use the resources. Why should we have a say in how anyone lives their lives, when we ourselves live and breath and pull from the resources of the earth?

I am thankful my mom did not feel this way............and I believe ppl like the Duggars GIVE much more than they take.

Peace, Love and Happiness :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It's debateable whether future generations will have an "over-populated poisoned planet without clean food." I personally do not believe that the Duggers are contributing to what you fear.

When I was five I heard the same arguments..........and that we would be in flying cars by now. :wink:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

When I was five I heard the same arguments..........and that we would be in flying cars by now. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
    You made me think of the Jetson theme song!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

ANNNNND back to Orig Topic!!

Jane and Jorge!!
  • shinybonnie
    Options

Ya, I remember coming home from 3rd grade TERRIFIED because I was sure that the sun was going to have exploded by 2010 .... Well, I guess that is STILL possible. :shrug: But I dont' worry about that "future generations may have to live with temperatures 1 degree higher than ours!! oh nooooo!" crap
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've got to quit being onery. I'm going to get myself in trouble.:ohwell:

Well, I'm just glad we don't have the 1 child per family rule because I wouldn't be here and neither would my three sisters, my younger brother, my son and 4 of my grandchildren among other extended family members. :frown:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I can make the sound of a Jetson car-- :laugh:

So talented-- don't be hatin'.:wink:

This topic is ridiculous-- for anyone to support a government dictating how many children their citizens have is truly the pinnacle of lunacy.

:noway:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    the duggars , thinking back .when they only had six kids and she won a bake off than she got a home make over .then they got a tv serise then they got a big house.there is plenty of room on this earth for her kids but i just wonder if she is producing just for money well i dont really have to wonder i know she is let s pray to make sure this one is heathy i do like the show but i think she is like the lady that just had was it eight or six at the same time she made the news big time:brokenheart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    the duggars , thinking back .when they only had six kids and she won a bake off than she got a home make over .then they got a tv serise then they got a big house.there is plenty of room on this earth for her kids but i just wonder if she is producing just for money well i dont really have to wonder i know she is let s pray to make sure this one is heathy i do like the show but i think she is like the lady that just had was it eight or six at the same time she made the news big time:brokenheart:

Wait a minute-- I have nine kids. I want a home makeover! My family's half their size, so I'll take half the size of their house-- I'll take anything-- I'm low maintenance. :laugh:

Somebody call that cutie guy from Extreme Makeover-- Ty whatshisname--

:wink:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that house is so big it has like four huge freezers when im hungry and watch there show i think i could eat every thing that is in one of those big boys
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OMG.
    I love Ty Pennington, haha.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    They must not watch tv too much:laugh: