Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Options

Replies

• SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I have not seen on myself and dont want to see too :D

But on the other hand, sometimes I wonder, there have been so many civilizations in the world, that grew independently of each other, having no communication with each other (so no rumours could be spread from one to another) and its interesting to note that all civilizations recognize ghost or something of that sort.

Just my two cents :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do! And aliens too.
    FYI - Today is apparently UFO day...?

I believe. I could go on for an hour about personal experiences and those of close family members.

Personally, I believe dang near everything is possible to an extent. Example, I believe vampires are real, though not necessarily the way they are portrayed in movies and books. Why would it be far fetched to believe that some people drink blood considering how many other weird things have happened.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When my husband died his spirit was around my house for about six months. I could feel his presence and Jack my dog could see him. My husband died in the house so I don't if that had anything to do with it. He is still in my house even though I can't feel it any more because my partner has seen him and gave me a very good description of him and he has never even seen a photo of him. Jack my dog regularly sits bolt upright staring into corners.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I believe in them very strongly. In fact, I believe they live amoungst us all the time. They are all around us and we are all around them, but we can't see each other but we share the same space. Occasionally, we cross paths. They have memories of their past and they know we are here, but we don't really know hats going on in their world.

If you have serious curiosity about this, read "Letters From a Living Dead Man". All three of the books are available free as PDF if you do a Google search, otherwise you can buy the books from Amazon, or maybe check out from your local library.

Anyway, I know they exist. It's not a question. Too many experiences and I've seen and heard them plain as day. For people that need proof, I understand. I really do. I tend to be that way too. But, once you see it, you know what you saw and that's that. And, I'm not talking one time. Many different times, different places, different circumstances. And. No. I never ever seek it out. That is a big mistake, IMO.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    Yes they are out there. Speaking from personal experience, wife and mother-in-law personal experience, and my brother. All different locations, different experiences. My daughter just bought an older house in town. My 15 yr old son stays there at times to watch his 7 yr old nephew. He swears there are two old ladies that sit on his bed and talk. Says he has seen them several times. He can never quite hear what they say, but they apear frequently.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Show me one and I'll believe. Or the Easter Bunny, or Santa.

Why not werewolves, vampires and zombies? Do they exist too? Just because you got a tingle down your spine doesn't mean a ghost was in the room.

How come not one person has ever been able to definitively prove there are ghosts? Because there's no such thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    If I did, then I'd probably have to believe that there's a god too.....................nah.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Believe and be careful they are not all nice. :devil:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No.

However, there is that little voice in the back of my head that always wonders 'what if'? lol
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I believe. About two weeks after my first husband passed, I was woken up about 3am with a door bell ring, constant, like he used to do when he came stumbling home from the bar. I went to look out the door and nobody was there. About 5 minutes later I walked down the hallway to our bedroom and felt something pass by me, smelling of alcohol and cigarette smoke. It wasn't my imagination, or me sad and going crazy. I believe it was him.
    People who don't believe, or have never had an encounter will always judge and think we are crazy. I have had several encounters as a child, my childhood home was on a river that slaves took for the Underground Railroad. When my aunts are talking bad about one another the lights flicker - no doubt that is either Grandpa or Grandma telling them to behave. I just think if you don't believe, then you are missing out on some pretty awesome stuff.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Alright, I know I'll probably get laughed at for this... BUT here goes. I am a total believer. I saw my first ghost when I was 4ish, then I saw my Grandmother (who I had never met or seen a photo of as she had died four years before I was born.) when I was 11 and was left home alone for an extended period of time for the time, and I was able to describe her completely to my father and Great Grandmother. Then the house we're currently living in has a lot of activity going on it. When my little brother was a baby (he's 9 now), he had a lot of toys that lit up and made noise and what not. Well while he was asleep one of those light up balls that makes noise, came rolling into the hallway and then in the kitchen and stopped at my feet. I was the only one awake as my brother and mother were laying down taking a nap. We didn't have any pets at the time, not even a fish, so it couldn't have been a dog or something, but after I told them very nicely that Skyler was sleeping and couldn't play the toy stopped making noise, and was quiet the rest of the day.
    Another time we had an entertainment stand with a big heavy glass door that suddenly came off, and would have hit my brother on the head, had not a minute before someone yelled "HEY!" at my mom and made her look up, and grab my brother from under where he was standing, and like I said a minute or so after that the glass fell but didn't shatter, but would have probably crushed him. So those are just a few of my very many experiences.
  • MistyWeeks
    MistyWeeks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I've had several experiences. I've always had a fascination with the paranormal it seems. A half dozen years or so ago I even joined a group of paranormal investigators (ya know like Taps and Ghost Adventures). We went out on "hunts" or investigations at least once a month trying to find the elusive ghosties. Sometimes we found things... sometimes we didn't. I have heard many EVPs (electronic voice phenomenon), have been touched, heard my name called, smelled phantom smells, seen shadows, had rocks thrown at us, etc. Unfortunately, I don't get to hunt much these days, but I get the itch to go quite often. Met some nifty people along the way.

It's really easy for people not to believe. I think the hardest part about proving the existence of ghosts lies in the fact that they were once human and possibly still carry human qualities. When I was doing more investigations we could go into a place where people were saying they had heard or seen things every night, consistently. We'd go in, set up our equipment, ask questions, do experiments, and never catch anything. Just because you walk in someplace and ask a spirit to show itself doesn't mean it's going to. If I walk up to you and ask you to do a song and dance while I video tape you chances are you are going to say "heck no!" Why should we think a human spirit would be any different? It's not like some other sciences where you have a tangible substance that you are able to manipulate.

Personally, I think it's good that there are people on both sides of the issue. If everyone believed then it wouldn't be nearly as fun going out and trying to find proof that they exist!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Believe and be careful they are not all nice. :devil:

Exactly.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    No. if they existed we'd have proof by now.

I have to agree.

Also, why are ghosts scary? If a ghost kills you, then you're a ghost. If a ghost kills me, the first thing I'm going to do is ghostpunch him in his ghostballs.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My in-laws house is haunted. The first time I ever went into the house I looked around and thought to myself "I bet this place is haunted" . They took a couple of pictures of the house from the outside and in each one you can see the image of a guy wearing overalls with one strap down standing in the window and in the other picture you see the image of a woman wearing a high-necked dress standing in the window. They were the people who used to live there many, many years ago. For a long time the house was vacant because it was rumored to be haunted. They say that around certain times of the year there's activity. They hear music playing, shoes disappear. One time when my sister-in-law was at the house alone and she laid down to take a nap and said she felt someone sit down on the edge of the bed. Her kids have seen things and heard things.

I have never had any personal experiences (and I really don't want any) but I believe there are ghosts.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I believe and have experienced spirits since I was a child. It doesn't scare me very often, it is just a part of life. I have also sensed things about people and then it happens. For example, sometimes when I find out someone is pregnant I get a bad feeling about the pregnancy. Every time, they have miscarried or delivered stillborn. With my own daughter I knew I would never know her, I delivered her at 18 weeks. She had severe birth defects that left her incompatible with life.

I sensed something was wrong with one of my grandparents in 2010. They were aging, but seemed in excellent health. Three months later my Granny passed after feeling ill for a few days. It was so unexpected. I believe I get this from my Granny, she experienced the same things her whole life. When I was 10 I was in a serious accident. My Granny, who lived on the other side of the country, out of the blue started crying and insisting something was wrong with me. She made my grandfather hurry home so she could call my mother. My mom had no idea how Granny knew, she said she just knew.

I think people who are more open to the idea can sense spirits. Those who don't believe do not always see them. My husband is a skeptic and often makes fun of people who believe. Since we have been in this house though, he admitted to seeing things he could not explain. Everyone has different beliefs, I have never tried to push mine on anyone else. I know what I have experienced, therefore it influences my beliefs.
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    No. if they existed we'd have proof by now.

I have to agree.

Also, why are ghosts scary? If a ghost kills you, then you're a ghost. If a ghost kills me, the first thing I'm going to do is ghostpunch him in his ghostballs.

:laugh:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have had multiple paranormal experiences. Having wind up toys go off for no reason, things moved, hearing voices, having a ceiling fan stop dead in it tracks only to start back up at the same speed it was, a hand coming through a window moving the curtains aside, being touched. All sorts of stuff. Yes, I believe.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I don't, at least not in terms of "souls" or anything like that. But I do believe things happen that are on the low ends of the bell curve and are not fully explainable by present scientific knowledge - even though I'm pretty sure they will be in the future.

My wife and I have a "ghost cat" we feel it on the bed sometimes, padding around when our real cats are in full view. Our 3 year old nephew insists we have three cats, not two, and when we showed him a picture of our cats he asked where the "lellow" one was.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah I Believe!