Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,774 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 23/Legs followed by Rev’d Up Rumble, Abs 1 and Extended Stretch 1 from the LITE series. My legs were screaming during that STS workout. The kickboxing seemed to help, but I think I am going to be very sore tomorrow.

Thelma, great workouts. DH bought us some eclipse glasses as well, but I didn’t expect to see anything because it was supposed to be cloudy yesterday. But I ended up with a great view right up until the peak time, so that was a nice surprise. Like you, the only thing I could see in the glasses was the sun. Yay on getting your new plants early. I hope you get some blackberries this year. I too love blackberries. Our blueberry bushes were in full bloom last week, but our lawn critters usually get to the fruit before we do. Some year we’ll do something about that. :) So many projects still on the ‘to do’ list……

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking, Cathe Killer Legs, Yin and mobility. It felt great to do a Cathe workout again. I was tired so I chose to not wear the weighted vest, but I will next time I do this workout.

We had a rainy Tuesday and are expecting a little more rain on Wednesday and Thursday.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope your legs won't be too sore tomorrow!

I'm glad you got to see the eclipse too. Those glasses are great! Do you remember wearing the paper ones years ago? I am pretty sure we could see in front of us when wearing those things.
    I hope our lawn critters won't eat our blackberries given that we feed them. I am afraid the chickens might get to them though. I didn't get the trees on Tuesday, but I expect them on Wednesday.
    My friend from FL has pineapple plants growing all over her yard, she has to protect the fruit from the racoons. She ended up making pineapple cages out of metal cloth. We may have to do that for our blackberries! I hear you on the 'to do' list!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 24/Back and Biceps, a 20 minute spin and 10 minutes of yoga.

Thelma, great workouts!! I had to do a double take when I read that you did a Cathe workout. Great job!! I bet that felt good, and you chose a great workout to do. My legs are not nearly as sore today as I expected them to be, which means the kickboxing and stretch yesterday probably helped a lot. But I still decided to take it easy on the spin today and add in more stretching. This week of my rotation where I combine 3 STS Meso 2 workouts with a 2.0 Total Body workout is the toughest week of my current rotation so a little TLC goes a long way. But this is my last week like this and I only have one more week to go in this rotation, which will be 2.0 Upper and Lower workouts. I am looking forward to a break for sure.

I do remember those cheap eclipse glasses, and, like you, I don’t remember everything being black except for the sun. I felt better wearing these kind.

Between squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, deer and raccoons in our yard, it has proven nearly impossible to keep something from eating our fruits. We are giving up on tomatoes this year because of it because a fence, hot spices, and a fake owl last year did nothing to keep our tomatoes from being eaten. So this year we will get our tomatoes at the farmer’s market when we can.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Laurel, great workouts! You are definitely doing a very challenging workout week! I am sure the kickboxing and stretching helped your legs a lot. Your body is going to love the break. Have you thought about what you'll be doing after your vacation?

It felt really good to do a Cathe workout. I feel like I can handle her workouts again, but I did need a break from her.

I also felt safer with the eclipse sunglasses we had this time around.

I didn't realize you had all that wildlife in your backyard, or that they were eating your fruits and vegetables! I am surprised that we don't have chipmunks here. We didn't see squirrels for a while after moving here. The only reason why they're here now is because they discovered the bird food.

Did you get strong winds on Wednesday? I got an emergency notification that a monster system was going to go through the area. It got pretty windy, but not as bad as predicted.

My little trees arrived today. They are taller than expected, which is great. Both the trees and plants are very healthy, but my honeysuckle plants are looking a little rough, though. The leaves dried up a little bit. This was the most delicate plant of the bunch. The blackberry plants and hydrangea tree are beautiful. They're super healthy and full of leaves. The Redbuds even had little flowers, but they don't have a lot of leaves.

My workouts on Wednesday were walking, Hatha Yoga, Bosu Pilates and mobility. I had never done Hatha yoga. I didn't fall in love with it, but I think it's because it started with Savasana, then eye exercises, which I had never done in yoga before. I thought that was kind of weird. She did a few neck exercises too. She did a fish pose and instead of modifying, I went for it. I was fine until it was time to get my arm from under me. I felt a little pain at the bicep area and now it's a little angry.
    The bosu Pilates class I found was great. It was a full body fascial stretching exercise class. It felt soooo good. She also did some inner thigh exercises, that felt pretty innocent while I did them, but when I got upstairs and started walking, I could feel that my inner thighs and lower abs had gotten a workout.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Thelma! My workout today was Cathe Live Rock’em Sock’em, which I did live with her this morning. This was a low impact boxing and kickboxing workout, and another great addition to this growing library of moderate boxing workouts Cathe has been doing, including the Gloved Up and Sweaty DVD. I followed it with 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates. I kept it pretty light today because my body still feels pretty tired from the workouts earlier this week and I have a tough 2.0 Total Body workout tomorrow.

Your workouts sound interesting. I have never done Hatha yoga. I am sorry your arm got a little angry from doing it. The Bosu Pilates sounds interesting. Someday I may invest in a Bosu because they are so good for balancing.

As far as what I am going to do after our vacation, I know I am going to take a week and do lighter workouts. That’s as far as I have gotten in my planning. :D I am really torn between wanting to start a full STS 1 and 2 rotation and pushing it off for a couple of months. So I may end up with a few random ‘whatever I feel like’ weeks after we get back before diving in to another rotation of any kind.

I am so glad you got your plants and they are in decent health. I will be curious how you like the Redbud Tree once it matures a bit. We were under a wind advisory yesterday afternoon and, last I checked, it is still active. But we have had no wind to speak of beyond what I would consider a decent breeze. But we have had a lot of rain which is nice. We are supposed to get into the 80s this weekend, and I am ready.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited April 12
    Options
    Hi Laurel, my workouts on Thursday were walking, mobility and Bosu Legs & Abs. I am really enjoying the Bosu workouts. It really hits the body part pretty hard. My abs got a great workout during the leg workout, and I followed it with a 5-minute ab workout.

I am 15 weeks post-op and today I graduated to dumbbell exercises! Yaaay! I did lat raises with 5# dumbbells, face pulls with elastic bands, and walking while holding a 5 lb dumbbell with my arm raised and bent at 90 degrees with elbow facing forward. I started with 3# but that was too easy. The bent elbow walk was hard. The PT I had helping today was a young 1st year PT student and he was really good. He changed my routing to a circuit style, which added a great challenge. I am so excited about this progression. I did find that my left arm is now weaker than my right one because I've been working my right arm and not the left. So, I started doing the exercises with both arms.
    The bosu leg workout included burpees and mountain climbers. I did them with the dome facing upward, which is the easy version, and my shoulder did very well.

We had a rainy and windy Thursday. The wind kicked in pretty hard tonight. It was howling.

I found the mixed flower baskets at the supermarket today and got five planters for the deck. No hummingbird yet.

Laurel, great workouts! Good for you for keeping it light to allow your body to recover. I highly recommend a Bosu. Just from using it two days, I feel that this was a great investment.

I am glad you're going to give yourself a nice break from the hard-core workouts during your vacation and after. Doing a STS 1&2 rotation will be quite a challenge and a huge accomplishment!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Thelma! My workout today was 2.0 Total Body Super Sets and a 45 minute spin. I actually got some sleep last night and felt much better today than I did yesterday. It is amazing what a little sleep can do. :)

Great workouts! I can’t believe you graduated to dumbbells already!! That is amazing! Every progression you are making has to feel fantastic. I used a Bosu when I was in PT for a hip flexor issue about 10 years ago, and I remember it was surprisingly challenging on the lower body and core. I think if Cathe uses one in her new series, I will probably get one. But I am in my year of ‘not buying anything and getting rid of things I don’t use’, so it will have to wait. Actually I am enjoying this year of ‘lightening up’, and even DH is finally getting into it. Every trip to Goodwill feels like an accomplishment. It is stunning (and not in a good way) how much we have accumulated in our five years here. That combined with a lot of stuff we brought with us we felt we needed when DH was in the military, and we had a very full house. Now it is down to a moderately full house :) but it is an improvement.

We had rain on and off all day yesterday and late in the afternoon the wind kicked in. I had a guy here looking at our sprinkler system, so I was outside in it and it was so cold. Today we have sunshine but the wind is still here. I am hoping for a nice weekend still. Yay on the new flowers! I am wondering if I will make it through another weekend without a plant purchase. We’ll see. B)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good with some lovely spring weather. We spent our time on errands and yard work and a little relaxation yesterday because it was DHs birthday.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a walk with Jessica and Peloton yoga. Yesterday was Party Rockin’ Step 1, and today was 2.0 Lower Body 1, 2.0 No Equipment Abs and a 30 minute spin. This is my last week of this rotation. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a very nice weekend and did some gardening Sunday and Monday. DH planted my little trees, honeysuckle vines and blackberry bushes. I fertilized all the plants and did some container gardening.
    I finally saw my first hummingbird on Saturday afternoon. Life is good! :)

I went to my baking with whole wheat class, and it was a lot of fun. The hostess is a lovely lady, and she is really good at teaching. There were five of us taking the class. The instructor buys whole red wheat kernels to make her own flour. She said red wheat is more flavorful than white. She had made banana muffins and blueberry bagels. They were very good, but whole wheat is dense. I liked the texture and flavor, others, not so much. We made a couple of loaves of bread, dinner rolls and little sub rolls. Have you ever used a Danish dough whisk? Those things are great to mix the ingredients. She had some dough rising in the stand mixer's bowl, so she mixed a new batch in a bowl using the Danish whisk. We all went home with a bag of freshly baked goodies.
    Next week is the sourdough class. I had no clue what the famous 'starter' was. Now I know it's yeast. Wild yeast to be exact. I think I am going to love baking bread. DH has yet to try the loaf of bread we made in class. He's clearly scared to try it. LOL

My workouts on Friday were walking, gentle flow yoga and mobility.
    Saturday - walking and mobility.
    Sunday - walking, Bosu Pilates Abs and mobility.
    Monday - walking and mobility.

We're going to finally have a very warm week. Temps will be in the 80's. We may get some rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have irritated my bicep and I think it's the weights. I'm maybe going to reduce the weight to 3-4 lbs because 5lbs is feeling way too heavy.
    Will be 16 weeks post op on Thursday, and I think that may be my last PT day. I'm scared to be on my own.

Laurel, great workouts! It really is amazing what a little sleep can do!
    Happy belated birthday to your DH!

Every progression is exciting and feels incredible. My 5# dumbbells feel a lot heavier than the ones at PT. I switched to my select a weight 5# dumbbells and they feel better.

I would love to have Cathe or Jessica Smith to come up with a Bosu series.
    I hear you about getting rid of things. I really need to do that. I definitely have too many things I don't use. Good for you for going through that. We got rid of a lot of things before we moved here and that was five years ago.

Laurie, I hope you had a great vacation!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Have just a little time to chat. First day back, and I just got through all my emails. Had a wonderful time, we where in Key Largo and spent some time in some of the other keys. Got to go to the Sea Turtle Hospital, that was so much fun. The weather was perfect in the 70's and a breeze. We went with two other couples, and rented a home. It had a pool, and was on a canal. There didn't appear to be that many people around, so it was really quiet up until the weekend, and then there where a few more people around. We did get to Key West, and of course took a picture of us at the southern most point and watched the sun set.

I see that both of you are rocking the workouts, planting, and classes. :D Can't wait for another vacation like we had.

Laurel, Your vacation really sounds great, and let me know how you like that location.

Thelma, You have been one busy lady with your trees and class!

My workouts where nothing more than walking, and I'm hoping that I will have a partner after work for my weight workout. DH has indicated that he will work out with me after work, so we will see. I did a walking workout this morning with Kat Gates-Buettner.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Upper Body 1 and Gloved Up and Sweaty. I went really heavy on the 2.0 workout, and it felt great. That being said, I think I have almost talked myself in to taking about a month off STS before starting my STS 1&2 rotation. Right now I am thinking about one week off (vacation week), a week of Fit Split, a week of 4DS and a week of the LITE series. But this is all subject to change in a second’s notice. :D

Thelma, great workouts, though I am sorry your bicep is irritated. I think going to lighter weights is probably a good idea. I don’t blame you for being a bit apprehensive to leave PT. But you really have been doing fantastically and anytime your arm has let you know it doesn’t like something, you have adjusted. So I trust you will be just fine. Your baking class sounds wonderful. I had a sourdough starter many (many!) years ago and before it got out of hand ( and it did, mostly because I got too busy to bake as often as I wanted), it was wonderful. I have never used a Danish whisk. I will have to look that up. We saw a hummingbird on Sunday as well! It made me so happy to see one.

Laurie, welcome back!! Your vacation to the Keys sounds wonderful. We only went once while we were living in Florida, but it is an experience for sure. That road is certainly some brilliant engineering. Yay for DH wanting to workout with you after your work day! Great workout this morning.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking, Yin Yoga, Mobility and Tracy Steen Glutes and Thighs. My yoga class was all about hip and shoulder openers. It was so good! I did Tracy's workout with the weighted vest. Loved it!

Tracy Steen posted something about the benefits of exercising with weighted vests in older women. I found this article, and it looks like there have been several studies in the subject.

https://www.betterbones.com/exercise/weighing-in-on-wearing-weights-how-weighted-vests-and-weighted-belts-can-help-you/

The chances of rain for Wednesday and Thursday have practically evaporated. Now they're saying Friday and Saturday will be rainy. We did hit 80 degrees today.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a great time. We went to Key Largo years ago and also visited the turtle hospital. We loved it too.

Laurel, great workouts! I like the idea of starting your next rotation with a month of STS. It seems that after that anything will feel lite! LOL

I've been massaging my shoulder and bicep a lot. I went down to 3# dumbbells and it felt much safer. My arm feels better. I won't be doing weighted upper body workouts any time soon, it seems.

I joined a sourdough for beginners' group on FB and OMG, it's like you need to be a chemist. The lady I'm taking the class with doesn't believe in feeding her starter every day. I kind of like that.
    I discovered that the discard can be used to thicken up sauces, make pizza, cookies, banana bread, English muffins, etc.
    DH wasn't crazy about the whole wheat bread, which is kind of disappointing. I need to find a recipe that's not so wheaty.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

DH and I did a Tony Horton Power 90 Circuit workout yesterday. I figured starting out slowly with him would be best. There will be no workout tonight, I have a hair appointment. My workout this morning was Lindsey Bomgren's Strong Leg Workout. I'm really not lifting heavy with the Power 90, so I'm okay with doing this leg workout this morning. Hoping that after that 21 days DH will be on his own. ;)

Laurel, Awesome job, and of course one of my fav boxing workouts! Sounds like a solid plan for your upcoming workout weeks. I think that we went to the Key's at the best time, after all the spring breakers where gone. :D

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! I will be using that vest for my walks. Chalene Johnson recommends using the vest for walks also. She is really opening up about the experience that she had with Beachbody, and how working out like that isn't what is needed for our bodies. I recommend Ben Starr on you tube if you want to learn about sourdough starter. He doesn't use his starter for months, and his starter works just fine. I made my own starter using his method, and it was super easy and the bread turns out great. He has recipes for cinnamon rolls and cookies.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough but enjoyable 45 minute spin and 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your bicep is feeling better with lighter weights. Thanks for the article on the weighted vest. I do a lot of walking, and it probably would be of benefit to me to use the vest for a part of my walking at least. I am sorry your DH didn’t like the wheat bread, but hopefully you can find something he enjoys. My starter was super easy. I don’t remember ever having to feed it, but it was 40 years ago, so I may be forgetting. B) Between you and Laurie, I am tempted to try one again. :)

Laurie, great workouts. I haven’t seen Tony Horton’s name in a little while. He always makes me smile. Hopefully your DH will enjoy these workouts enough to want to do them on his own soon. We went to the Keys in the month of July. It was baking down there. The water was hotter than uncomfortable bath water when we dipped into it. So, yes, I think you chose a great time of year to go down there. No spring break and less melting of the skin off your bones. :D;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking, Hatha Yoga, Mobility and Bosu Pilates Abs.

We got a little bit of rain on Wednesday afternoon, and it turned cooler too.

Laurie, great workouts! I am so glad your DH worked out with you. Great strategy to start slow with him. Hopefully he'll be OK on his own after 21 days.

Is Chalene doing new YouTube workouts these days? Is that where she's opening up about the BB experience. Those BB workouts are usually brutal. I would like to hear what she has to say about our bodies not needing those hard workouts.
    Someone else recommended Ben Starr. I'll have to watch his videos. I just subscribed to his YT channel. I want to learn to make a soft sandwich loaf because DH is not into crunchy bread. I also watched a little video on FB where this woman made a beautiful loaf of bread with unfed starter.

Laurel, great workouts! You're welcome on the article. I meant to share it on Monday, but I forgot about it. Good stuff for sure.
    I understand why DH didn't like the whole wheat bread. It does have a strong flavor and it's not the spongy bread he likes. This whole wheat bread is definitely dense. I wonder if it would be as dense with store-bought whole-wheat flour. I am so looking forward to the sourdough class because this lady claims it's easy. I just need to learn when to feed that jar. Some people on FB who are into sourdough bread baking make such a big deal about feeding their starter. They even name it! LOL.

I agree with you that the Keys climate is super hot. We went there at Christmas time!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Tabata Sculpt. Enjoyed this one, and didn't have to use heavy weights. Need to take it easy every once in a while. :D I think next week will start my next rotation, still iffy on what I want to do. I was going to do Caroline's workouts, but this DH thing has thrown a little glitch into that thought. I may stick to Kelly workouts, they seem to compliment the Power 90 workouts fairly well.
    Tonight is another workout session, so we will see how this goes.

Laurel, Nice job with those workouts! I thought working with Tony would be a good way to start out, and then we can progress into other workouts from there. I didn't want to start with Caroline, because she doesn't talk so there wouldn't be the form pointers that other instructors give. I find the bread making to be super fun. I love the sour dough, and I also have made the no knead bread. I think of the two the no knead bread is probably the simplest. It even was a hit with the family. I enjoy the taste of sour dough though. I can't even imagine being in the Key's during the month of July. That really had to be hot.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Chalene hasn't been putting to many workouts on her you tube channel. She does have some, but she is mostly talking about different things. I follow her on Instagram and listen to her podcasts once in a while. I think that she is officially not contractually obligated to BB anymore, so she is talking about her experience a lot more. She hit menopause, and that is when she really changed her feelings on what the body really needs. Ben Starr has a video on his bread and unfed starter. It takes a little longer to rise, but the loaf turns out just fine. I like watching him because he gets into the science of the starter. I find that fun to watch.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Lower Body 2 and Cathe Live Cardio Core Express. It was a perfect combo, which is good because now I get to go mow the lawn. :o Wish me luck in that the mower and I get along today since we have a very iffy relationship. :D

Thelma, great workouts. We had a surprising amount of rain all yesterday and it was definitely cool. It surprised me how much rain we got. DH and I would probably love the wheat bread you made. We fell in love with dense whole grain breads when living in Europe. The wheat bread I make in my bread machine is good but not as dense. But I am going to try to stay away from returning to bread making because I can just eat it all! :#

Laurie, sounds like a good workout and a nice complement to the Power 90 workouts. It is interesting hearing Chalene’s comments about Beachbody. I am not surprised because I always felt some of their programs teetered a little too closely to being unsafe. And most definitely that level of intensity is not needed or wise post-menopause.

Off to fight the mower. See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am excited to report that I graduated from PT on Thursday! YAAAAY! Exactly 16 weeks post-surgery. I have to continue with my daily PT at home, of course. I can start doing upper body workouts with baby weights! I have to start with 1# dumbbells and increase 1# per week.

My workouts on Thursday were walking, PT and Tracy Steen Sexy Arms. I wore the weighted vest for my walking and Tracy's workout. I also wore it around the house for a short period of time. I don't know how people go hiking with these things on. Tracy's workout was about 22 minutes long, which was perfect for my first workout. It had 4 circuits. In between each arm exercise we did 10 reps of dumbbell King Kongs (basically it's a squat, curl, press).

I've decided to do the STS 2.0/X-Train rotation, which I'll start on Sunday. :)

It got HOT here on Thursday afternoon. We hit 82 degrees. I read earlier that we will have a very hot summer. I don't like the sounds of that at all!
    We have 88% chances of rain on Friday, but my hourly forecast doesn't show rain after 8am. The chances of rain for Saturday seem to have evaporated. Sunday looks like it could be rainy.

My sourdough class is on Saturday. I can't wait!

Laurie, great workout! Sticking with Kelly's workouts for your next rotation sounds like a great idea because you love her workouts. Are you doing P90 every day with your DH? How is he feeling after his first workout?

I'll have to start following Chalene on Instagram! Everyone is not getting into the 'you don't need to kill yourself exercising' bandwagon. The nutritionist who works with Tracy Steen was saying that what she is doing is setting a daily number of calories to burn from working outs, then stopping as soon as she hits that number. I think Laurel and I are going to be in trouble with this new way of thinking.
    I am going to start watching Ben Starr's videos. At least I subscribed to hi channel.
    Do you have a Danish dough whisk? Everyone and their mother seem to have one in the FB sourdough groups. The lady I'm taking classes with has one and those things are great to mix the dough ingredients with.
    Baking is another thing on my bucket list. I'm going to get into it. Last year I tried making pizza dough and it was a total fail! My dough was too runny, and I couldn't fix it with extra flour. I turned it into focaccia bread. It was delicious, but not something DH lies to eat. He is into the soft, spongy breads.
    Did you ever open bake your sourdough breads? I didn't know it was a thing, but I like that idea. You put a pan of water in the oven with your bread.
    I want to learn to make pasta also. I bought a refurbished stand mixed and also a pasta attachment.

Laurel, great workouts!! You chose a very hot day to mow your lawn! I hope the mower cooperated with you.

You definitely got more rain than we did. OMG, you would totally love the bread we made last Saturday! I sent you the recipe and a pdf file with other recipes you can make with a variation of the same dough recipe. I just don't know if the bread with store bought flour would be as dense as the freshly milled what kernel flour.

I can totally understand why you don't want to get into bread making again. I would eat it all too. This is why goal is to find a recipe with the soft and spongy texture DH likes.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was stretching so I did a Michelle Briehler 30 min stretch workout. It felt really good, and my body needed it.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! I hope that you and the lawn weapon got along, and that you where able to mow the lawn. We actually have to mow our lawn. With all this rain that we received this last week, it is super thick and tall. Of course our weather this weekend is going to be cold, so that will be an even colder ride on the lawn mower. I know that I can never do any of those BB workouts without making major adjustments. I look at them, and just say nope. :D Of course the weight work in this Power 90 are really easy. I still want to pull out those Pure Strength. I think that DH would be okay with them too.

Thelma, Your workouts sound awesome! Love the sound of your new rotation. I'm still not sure what I want to do with my rotation. Like I said above I really feel like weight training, and those STS 2.0 workouts where so good when I did that rotation. If I do an STS rotation again I will have to get myself out of bed earlier than I normally do. :D This morning I was watching a Ben Starr video where he is using the starter to make soft sandwich bread. I do not have that whisk, but it sure does look cool. :D DH is doing okay. I didn't have him use very heavy weights, like with your journey he is going lighter than he probably should.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Upper Body 2 and a fast 20 minute spin. This is the end of my 12 week STS hybrid rotation! I am really glad I did this rotation because it has taught me a lot about how the programs differ and how to better use them in a combined rotation. And it really taught me that I need to cut down the cardio a lot if I am going to do a full rotation with both programs and that’s a great thing for me to learn.

Thelma, thank you so much for the recipes!!! They all look so good. I think I might need to try to make the cinnamon rolls. :) Yay for graduating PT and graduating to weights. You have done so well in your recovery. I bet being back to a rotation will feel so good. My mowing wasn’t too hot because we had fog cover for much of it. The sun came out just as I was finishing and with the high humidity, it would have been super hot to mow in the afternoon. So I timed it wisely. Great workouts!!

Laurie, great workout. The mower and I got along pretty well yesterday. It didn’t run off with me attached and I didn’t intentionally let it drive itself into a ditch. So a success all around. ;) Our lawn has come in very thick this year as well. It looks nice, but mowing it was more challenging for sure. Pure Strength would probably be a good program for your DH because it is mostly basic moves, not as much equipment and well paced.

Off for the week! B) Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel