290 down to 197 with pics!

Options
124»

Replies

• MajestyGisMe
    MajestyGisMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Ever try Zumba?!? It's fun and you can go at your own pace and modify movements if need be. There's an elder lady that uses a walker in one of my classes and shes awesome and rocks out her upper body! Definitely encouraging to keep moving! Good luck!
  • NicoleBecca
    Options
    wow, keep up the good work :)
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I made it under 200! On Saturday I weighed in at 197 lbs. January 1st I weighed 270 and my heavy weight is 290+. Proof that eating properly cutting out sweets and booze and swimming Monday thru Friday pays off! I still have some weight to loose and I need to work on toning but I am very happy with the results so far. I looked into P90X and Insanity to help tone my abs but due to my severe arthritis I am not going to be able to do those programs. If anyone has any suggestions on a routine that wil help me in my quest to get fit that is easy on the knees and ankles I would love to hear about it. I hope my journey can be motivation to others.
    WhiteT.jpg
    WhiteTside.jpg

You are doing great! Congrats on your success!!! And .... love the badass-geek look. Adorable, guy. :-)
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    dude that is ________ing awesome.

definitely an inspiration in my book
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! Thanks for posting!
  • trey4cubs
    trey4cubs Posts: 20
    Options
    first off, way to go! That is some serious weight you dropped!

As far as your arthritis goes i would look into supplementing with fish oil. Fish oil is high in omega 3's which help lessen the inflammation in the body.

Also, the standard American Diet (SAD) is very very high in Omega 6 foods, which you guessed it, cause inflammation. So what you need to shoot for is a better omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. essentially, eat more omega 3's and less omega 6 rich foods.

omega 3's are found in any kind of seafood (preferably wild caught as opposed to farm raised). Also, pretty much any kind of meat or protein source is going to have a better omega 6 to omega 3 ratio if it is organic and/or grass-fed as opposed to grain-fed. So in general, try to buy organic/grass-fed meat when possible.

I actually started supplementing with fish oil when my knees starting hurting me during p90x and it has really helped. It only costs about $10 for a 3 month supply if you buy the inexpensive fish oil and double up on serving size.

im not a doctor and what i just said is not medical advice. please consult a doctor before you do anything.
  • IvetteWright
    IvetteWright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • ruworthy
    ruworthy Posts: 3
    Options
    you look fanatabulous!!! great job.
  • PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    first off, way to go! That is some serious weight you dropped!

As far as your arthritis goes i would look into supplementing with fish oil. Fish oil is high in omega 3's which help lessen the inflammation in the body.

Also, the standard American Diet (SAD) is very very high in Omega 6 foods, which you guessed it, cause inflammation. So what you need to shoot for is a better omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. essentially, eat more omega 3's and less omega 6 rich foods.

omega 3's are found in any kind of seafood (preferably wild caught as opposed to farm raised). Also, pretty much any kind of meat or protein source is going to have a better omega 6 to omega 3 ratio if it is organic and/or grass-fed as opposed to grain-fed. So in general, try to buy organic/grass-fed meat when possible.

I actually started supplementing with fish oil when my knees starting hurting me during p90x and it has really helped. It only costs about $10 for a 3 month supply if you buy the inexpensive fish oil and double up on serving size.

im not a doctor and what i just said is not medical advice. please consult a doctor before you do anything.

Thanks for the suggestions. Currently I only eat organic and I am taking Carlson fish oil for the Omega 3's. The arthritis in my left knee is to the point that I am bone on bone with my meniscus removed and I have to wear an unloader brace. I was told by my orthopedic surgeon that I need a new knee but I need to wait until I am in my 50's before they will think about doing it. The replacement knees only last 20 years and they do not like to have to redo a knee replacement. The arthritis in my right ankle is to the point were I am about to start steroid injections. I am doing everything I can to reduce my weight to relieve some of the stress on the joints. I want to start toning more especially the core but I really do not want to put on muscle.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Really a priceless transformation you have made!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: You are so impressive!!!!!!! Since you are a swimmer.....here is my suggestion.....water aerobics! I found them at my local ymca and I LOVE them! And there are certain moves in the water aerobics to tone and sculpt certain parts of our body! Try it you might like it! Anyway....you have done a GREAT job!:flowerforyou:
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Many kudos
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    Nice work man. I started off around the same as you and am about halfway to where you are at now.

How tall are you and do you have any sagging skin problems?
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    wtg... great job...
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look like a totally different person, congrats on all the weight lost
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!! Great job!! :D
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Go on youtube and search for How to Build Strength with Water Exercise, water exercises, water aerobics, aquafitness, etc. They have many videos that shows what to do. You just need a kickboard, and the exercises use your own weight to build strength.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!