• katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Amputation is the quickest route.

Haha!
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    It's a good rule of thumb, there are NO weight loss pills that work long term. If they did, the whole dieting business would go out of business. If they did what they claimed to do, no one would need to lose weight.

Do it the old fashioned way. Hard work and dedication. It saves you money, and prevents heart issues!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    cardio and strength training are good fat burners. not being sarcastic, just real.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used NV, she lost 10 pounds, she also got kidney stones....I think I'm gonna stick with exercise and diet lol (I will admit I was tempted for the boost myself but I think I'd rather be patient then end up in the hospital like my friend :P)
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you're eating clean, and working out (hard).. and still feel the need to take a fat burner of some kind I suggest looking on the forums on sites like bodybuilding.com. They at least have reviews and suggestions, but please know that a magic pill is not going to help you drop fast. You've still gotta do the work, and it does not happen overnight. Good luck!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    With so many on the market its hard for me to make a choice. Can you guys please let me know what fat burners worked for you?

Thanks!

The cardiovascular machines I use work really well at burning calories. You can't focus them on fat, sadly, but mixing a little weight lifting in every other day does an excellent job of preserving muscle and making cardio burn a higher percentage of fat.

Most products that claim to burn fat are basically stimulants, which increase metabolism and generally suppress appetite. Stimulants have an effect that is limited to how long you take them, meaning that once you're off them your appetite comes back and your metabolism goes back down. Bad combo for trying to sustain your hard-eanred weight loss. Some of them have side effects, as well.

Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. You can play all the tricks with your body you want to try and increase calorie burn, but the healthy way is through exercise, and moderating your caloric intake.
  • DH0608
    DH0608 Posts: 22
    Options
    Kidney stones would not be caused by NV. They are caused by a build up of calcium in the body.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Don't let people tell you that everything does not work. ACE has had great success and if you check out the Facebook page I sent you you will see some of the great results. You will only know if you try it for yourself. ACE is a GREAT product.

Isn't ACE a MLM scheme that makes crappy diet products?
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    None of the ones I ever tried over the years actually did anything but piss me off, so I started with MFP and have just gone for the slow and steady approach, and it works!

Ditto

Have tried every diet, every 'magic' pill/potion & theory..........NOTHING works (long-term) apart from putting less in your mouth & getting off the couch. That's the only 'secret' ................. if the 'cheat' methods did what they say they do there wouldn't be any fat people :wink:
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Kidney stones would not be caused by NV. They are caused by a build up of calcium in the body.

Well according to her doctor the pills stressed her kidneys causing things to build up which resulted in her kidney stones, I think I'll go with what her doctor said...
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    you could always just get your fat lasered! ;-)

zerona

LOL!!!
  • calilovechild
    calilovechild Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. Looks like I might have to stick with diet and exercise.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Amputation is the quickest route.

I would think liposuction would be quicker.

Ooh, a jab at a post, or at least I think it is, from a while back. The meta-trolling is strong with this one.

+1 interwebz*

* serious, not sarcastic
  • DH0608
    Options
    Sure you can. But I have had Kidney stones and I know how they are formed.

Kidney stones, usually comprised of a compound called calcium oxalate, are the result of a build-up of dissolved minerals on the inner lining of the kidneys. The leading cause of kidney stones is a lack of water. Stones commonly have been found in those that drink less than the recommended eight to ten glasses of water a day. When there is not enough water to dilute the uric acid (component of urine), the pH level within the kidneys drops and becomes more acidic. An excessively acidic environment in the kidneys is conducive to the formation of kidney stones. A family history of kidney stones also increases one's chances of developing them at some point in life. Researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas have found that the more overweight a person is the more at risk he or she is for forming uric acid kidney stones.
  • DH0608
    Options
    No actually ACE ia an all natural supplement - Cocoa, Vitamin B6, Chromium, Natural Source Caffeine, Green Tea. I agree that there is no MAGIC pill but supplements do help with the metobolism. If you do enough research you will see what each supplement can do.

Cocoa Powder ~ Good for your heart and arteries also found to be good for your skin.

Natural Source Caffeine~ CAFFEINE helps with fat burning and to shed body fat by binding to fat cells. In a study published by the "Journal of Applied Physiology," caffeine also increased the release of fats into the blood -- a potential sign of higher levels of fat being used or "burned" for energy. Other studies also confirm the increase in post-caffeine fat release.

Spirulina ~ Spirulina contains a lot of healthy enzymes. It is often thought to help in weight loss and assist with carbohydrate disorders, problems with vision, allergies, anemia and many other diseases. It's said to lower cholesterol, help protect cells from degeneration, assist in digestion, keep the body energized, and contain proteins which people who are trying to avoid eating meat usually miss out on. This is because the supplement contains 10 vitamins, 18 amino acids, and 8 minerals. It's the ultimate food supplement which means you won't have to depend on so many high caloric foods to get the nutrients you need.

Green Tea Extract ~ Green tea is high in a powerful antioxidants that help fight cancer causing. Green tea extract is a natural metabolic booster.

Dimethylpentylamine~ (Geranium) delivers a synergistic element supporting energy and appetite control benefits. Dimethylpentylamine has been used as an ingredient in energy supplements for weight loss and bodybuilding. Reports claim that this product is the strongest weight loss tool people can purchase without a prescription.

Phenyl ethylamine HCl ~ Phenylethylamine (PEA) , a substance found in small amounts in chocolate, stimulates the brain to release a beta endorphin peptide that has analgesic effects and provides a feeling of well-being. PEA boosts fat loss.

Vitamin B-6 ~ Vitamin B6 has been called the "mighty vite" because of all the functions. It is estimated that Vitamin B6 is involved with more than 101 chemical reactions that occur in our bodies.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    The only proven ingredient that any of those contain is caffeine. You can get caffeine anywhere obviously. People who say the work have had to of also restricted calories or increased exercise- period. If they were the same activity and ate the same then I would bet $$$$ they didn't lose a thing. Absolute garbage. Spend some time doing unbiased research, you'll see for yourself.

However, supplement (not "fat burners") can assist with stregnth/muscle gains when you are not at a calorie deficit.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    No actually ACE ia an all natural supplement - Cocoa, Vitamin B6, Chromium, Natural Source Caffeine, Green Tea. I agree that there is no MAGIC pill but supplements do help with the metobolism. If you do enough research you will see what each supplement can do.

Cocoa Powder ~ Good for your heart and arteries also found to be good for your skin.

Natural Source Caffeine~ CAFFEINE helps with fat burning and to shed body fat by binding to fat cells. In a study published by the "Journal of Applied Physiology," caffeine also increased the release of fats into the blood -- a potential sign of higher levels of fat being used or "burned" for energy. Other studies also confirm the increase in post-caffeine fat release.

Spirulina ~ Spirulina contains a lot of healthy enzymes. It is often thought to help in weight loss and assist with carbohydrate disorders, problems with vision, allergies, anemia and many other diseases. It's said to lower cholesterol, help protect cells from degeneration, assist in digestion, keep the body energized, and contain proteins which people who are trying to avoid eating meat usually miss out on. This is because the supplement contains 10 vitamins, 18 amino acids, and 8 minerals. It's the ultimate food supplement which means you won't have to depend on so many high caloric foods to get the nutrients you need.

Green Tea Extract ~ Green tea is high in a powerful antioxidants that help fight cancer causing. Green tea extract is a natural metabolic booster.

Dimethylpentylamine~ (Geranium) delivers a synergistic element supporting energy and appetite control benefits. Dimethylpentylamine has been used as an ingredient in energy supplements for weight loss and bodybuilding. Reports claim that this product is the strongest weight loss tool people can purchase without a prescription.

Phenyl ethylamine HCl ~ Phenylethylamine (PEA) , a substance found in small amounts in chocolate, stimulates the brain to release a beta endorphin peptide that has analgesic effects and provides a feeling of well-being. PEA boosts fat loss.

Vitamin B-6 ~ Vitamin B6 has been called the "mighty vite" because of all the functions. It is estimated that Vitamin B6 is involved with more than 101 chemical reactions that occur in our bodies.

Too bad 1,3 dimeth is now banned...