What fat burners actually work?

Options

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    General rule is that if it is legally sold as a fat loss supplement it won't work. While some natural supplements can indirectly contribute, it's mostly the same thing in any given supplement.

Caffeine is in most; as it functions as an appetite suppressant, and gives energy. Cup of black coffee before a workout and you'll usually have the energy that is in any given workout supplement.

Yohimbine is in many; another energy/alertness aid that also makes you pretty horny.

The rest is all mostly crap, and all will tell you to exercise and eat right regardless for them to be effective.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Who seriously wants to take fat burners when they make you *kitten* oil?!? lol!

You're better off sticking to a good diet and exercise plan instead hun x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Amputation is the quickest route.

I would think liposuction would be quicker.

Ooh, a jab at a post, or at least I think it is, from a while back. The meta-trolling is strong with this one.

+1 interwebz*

* serious, not sarcastic

I don't know what post from a while back you are refering to, but my answer was meant for this thread alone. I was simply pointing out that liposuction is quicker than amputation. Quicker procedure and quicker recovery, and barring a botched procedure, you should still have all appendages with which you started. But recent studies have shown liposuction can increase the amount of dangerous visceral fat around your organs, so there is that to consider.
  • DH0608
    DH0608 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sorry it is NOT banned!

Nutrition and Decongestion Dimethylpentylamine was first used as a nutritional supplement and a decongestant, after extensive research in the 1940's and 1950's. A patent for the product was applied for and received, to use the product as a nutritional substance. Since then the substance Dimethylpentylamine has been extensively used in nutritional products in a variety of ways. For example, Phentramin-D uses Dimethylpentylamine to stimulate wieght loss. Dimethylpentylamine is also known to be used as a nasal decongestant. The product has done quiet well in all of its different uses and is quite popular.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1930218
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    there is no magic pill...no matter how many companies say their pill is "magic" it IS NOT!!!!!!!! the only thing you will accomplish is screwing up your body/health....and if you notice all those "diet pills" always say with good food and exercise...umm DUH....that should be the ONLY THING YOU NEED....good food and exercise you will get the same results and not spend a bunch of money to kill yourself in the long run...
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Who seriously wants to take fat burners when they make you *kitten* oil?!? lol!

Wait, you mean I could refine it and use it to drive my car? :laugh:

Oh, wait, I guess riding my bicycle to work still works better.
  • DH0608
    DH0608 Posts: 22
    Options
    It has been banned by some sports because of the boost that you get from it, but it has not been banned for supplements for weight loss. For example, compounds such as caffeine, creatine & 1,3 dimethylamylamine (also known as methylhexanamine, 2-amino-4-methylhexane & 1,3-dimethylpentylamine - a natural constituent of the geranium flower) may not be allowed by your specific sports organization.
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use Warrior Blaze fat burner.
    http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/warrior-blaze-90-caps
    Without a fat burner in an hour i usually burn 600 calories on average. With a fat burner I can burn close to 1000 calories.
    Maybe it is the fat burner, maybe its my mind playing tricks on me!
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    With so many on the market its hard for me to make a choice. Can you guys please let me know what fat burners worked for you?

Thanks!

None to be honest. Eat at a calorie deficit, do your lifting and do some cardio that you like and you will see results.

Saying that though I have tried many fat burners and the only one that has consistently worked without side effects are CLA and L-Carnitine and a little green tea. Nothing beats a strong cup of black coffee though. :D
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    while everyone is quick to say dont waste your time on pills, I say give me every edge possible.

No they arent a solution... or a quick fix... they are however a SUPPLEMENT... something to aid in the proper path to loss.

you gotta be working out, both cardio and weights - you want to build some muscle to burn more fat and you want to do cardio to consume fat and calories.

that said, burners will increase the rate your body turns fat and calories into fuel via thermogenesis. Many argue its just caffeine.

Yes caffeine is the main player - but there are other herbal additives like Yohimbe that MAY aid as well. Even if these add only an additional 1 to 2% burn, folks looking for an edge may want that little extra.

Plus, they do boost energy - more than just coffee.

That said, some folks are not tolerant of caffeine.

BCAAs also aid in improving burn: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/maximizing-cardio-1568/

all of that said, there is something to say about the placebo effect. Say what you want, the mind can do things normally not able when it THINKS something is applying influence.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sorry it is NOT banned!

Nutrition and Decongestion Dimethylpentylamine was first used as a nutritional supplement and a decongestant, after extensive research in the 1940's and 1950's. A patent for the product was applied for and received, to use the product as a nutritional substance. Since then the substance Dimethylpentylamine has been extensively used in nutritional products in a variety of ways. For example, Phentramin-D uses Dimethylpentylamine to stimulate wieght loss. Dimethylpentylamine is also known to be used as a nasal decongestant. The product has done quiet well in all of its different uses and is quite popular.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1930218

Please do your research...
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Winstrol and Deca-Durabolin. Inject a couple hundred iu's into your *kitten* a handful of times per week and you'll drop some flab.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Why research when you can google? Lol.

REAL research people.
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Without a fat burner in an hour i usually burn 600 calories on average. With a fat burner I can burn close to 1000 calories.

Utter nonsense
    Maybe it is the fat burner, maybe its my mind playing tricks on me!

See bold.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    some of the more juice head guys have been using bronchaid for the the "banned" goodies... so not banned, just used differently.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Amputation is the quickest route.

I would think liposuction would be quicker.

If nothing else more convenient...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why research when you can google? Lol.

REAL research people.

Most of us don't have the resources to do our own research. That's why we google research done by others.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You can certainly use the Internet to research, but googling a question and looking at what pops up is not investigating the facts.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The ones that are illegal that you can buy on the street.
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options
    Yeah I agree with the amputation statement. Just work hard and strength training.. Also interval training is GREAT