Rubbing cellulite away?

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    90% of women have cellulite. Its not because they are skinny fat, its because women are prone to cellulite.

Where did you pull that statistic from? Very few women i know have cellulite. I would be interested in your source though.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    90% of women have cellulite. Its not because they are skinny fat, its because women are prone to cellulite.

Where did you pull that statistic from? Very few women i know have cellulite. I would be interested in your source though.

A lot of women have cellulite, you just don't know it because they don't stand in front of you and squeeze their butt cheeks for you to OOO and AAAHH at it.
    I have it and I'm 5'2'' and 120 pounds, healthy/normal range, and I workout and run. I've had it all my life, and I got it from my mama :wink: Not embarassed by it, but I'd prefer it not to be there.
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I make my own rub with epsom salt, olive oil, coffee grounds and brown sugar. I use it in the shower maybe twice a week, it makes my skin look much nicer and I don't even need to lotion afterwards....however i have not noticed a difference in my cellulite (I have a lot of it!). Even when I was at my lowest weight 125lbs at 5'4" I still had cellulite, so I have no idea how to get rid out it :/
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Hi guys,

So I was just reading some forums about getting rid of cellulite and a number of women said they rubbed their cellulite prone areas in the shower with sea salt and could see differences in about two weeks? I am wanting to talk to someone this may have had worked for personally. How long does an area need to be rubbed for? Desperate need of removing cellulite! Any advice helps! Thanks!

What a classic! Contender for thread of the year!
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Per the link a previous poster gave, it states: The amount of fat in the body is determined by the individual's eating and exercise habits, but the distribution of fat in the body is determined by heredity. In most cases reduction of a particular part can be accomplished only as part of an overall weight-reduction program.

The other link states this: One of the most effective types of exercises to reduce cellulite is strength training.

You can reduce cellulite but you most likely won't get rid of it and many times it is hereditary.

Personally, I work my butt off. I alternate between running and kettlebells - usually 3 days of one and 2 days of the other and switch it every week. I have bad cellulite. It hasn't gone away and yes, it bothers me but I do my best to be healthy and not focus on the negative.
  • kerriecragg08
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

Ladies, pick up the weights!

*STFU*. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

RUDE!!!^^^^
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=is-cellulite-forever

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1009707&page=1

http://www.drlenkravitz.com/Articles/cellulite.html

http://www.tescodiets.com/px/NewsAndTools/story/doctor-suggests-majority-of-women-have-cellulite

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gideons14.htm
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If you would like, I am sure I can find more. Maybe you can't see the cellulite, but its probably there. You can reduce its appearance by strength training, but its not going to completely get rid of it. Its genetics. Women store fat differently than men.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

STFU. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

this ^

Weights are NOT the answer to everything, even though some people think it is.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
  • Di3012
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

STFU. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

I don't recall dancing as being the same as weight lifting. *cough*

No it is far from weight lifting, in fact, we shall take ballet dancers as an example here.......

They are amongst the most strongest, fittest people going - you are 100% correct, dancing is not the same as weight lifting - however, BOTH activites will contain people that have cellulite
    *cough*
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Google skin brushing. Apparently it takes a while but people say it works. There are also YouTube videos showing how to do it properly.
  • Di3012
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

*STFU*. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

RUDE!!!^^^^

Who was? Ahh you mean the person that said for ladies to pick up the weights... yes they were rude.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and even more exercise and I have noticed a huge difference in mine. Tried the rubs years ago and with no diet or exercise I was just rubbing lotion on myself so nope didnt work till I started the move more eat less plan.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Weight training definitely helps. I dance, run, and do leg workouts as part of my training plan and I have virtually no cellulite :-)

ETA: when I had a higher BF % and didn't work out as much I did have some so I would say I have successfully gotten rid of it
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i can't speak to the sea salt thing, but i used to have cellulite really bad, and now i have NONE!!! i did Bob Harper's workouts every single day for the entire month of May - in the beginning of the month I had cellulite, and at the end it was gone! So maybe just try doing a bunch of circuit training to tone up???? worked for me!!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Save your money. People spend billions of dollars on pills, creams, gadgets and whatever. We could probably erase the national debt in a few years on the money people throw away trying the easy way out. Just use common sense. Does it seem too good to be true? Yeah, it is.

Cellulite is just lumpy fat. Diet and exercise.
  • abbybean11
    Options
    Oh i also became a vegan in May but I doubt that had anything to do with it, but you never know!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite on my upper arms, stomach, thighs and calves when I weighed in the 140lbs range.

I am 5'3" and today I weigh 114lbs. All the cellulite disappeared except for the back of my upper thighs, near my butt area. I am still working on it.

During my weightloss journey, I did a lot of massaging of the legs (the type for lymph node drainage for Lymphedema patients) after every shower. Using a basic moisturizer and massaging from my ankles up to my thighs.
  • abbybean11
    Options
    ps: dancers are AMAZINGLY strong!!!! i'm not a dancer but i can tell they totally kick *kitten*!