Rubbing cellulite away?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have posted on this subject many times by now. Many people are understandingly skeptical about the idea that you can get rid of it, but in fact you can, and I have! And yes, diet and exercise are important for keeping it off as well as getting rid of it.

But you need to understand that those tissues are congested, that's why they look like that. And that is why even a fit person can have it...because it's kinda stuck there, and needs some encouragement to come out.

So a person should clean up their diet, if they have not already, and get some good weight training/cardio going, drink adequate water (no need to drown yourself, just drink enough so you're not dehydrated). Try to avoid excess salt, and the salt you do eat--try to make it unrefined salt (RealSalt, for example, or others you may find).

In addition, massage is in fact very helpful, as it brings the circulation there...also you may feel those deposits are often lumpy...the lumps can be quite hard, and the area can be pretty tender-ish... feels like a bruise... if you start pushing around on it. Sometimes those lumps feel about as hard as a marble!! It can make you feel that you will never get rid of it!! You have to break up those areas! Use massage, too!

If you are already fit, then you should use massage...it really needs to be pretty firm, so if you do it yourself, or ask a massage therapist to get in there and give it some "tough love." Tips on that: use arnica oil (arnica is just an herb...pick up the oil at a healthfood store) That oil will make this rub more comfortable....rub some on the skin over the area you will be massaging... start massaging gently then get firmer over time. That way you can get quite firm, and it can hurt...but only while you are getting it broken up, then the discomfort level subsides, and actually you will feel amazing circulation to those areas...you just didn't realize they were lacking. But I'm telling you, it's congested tissue. You need to get it moving out your lymph drainage points (those are anywhere you sweat..groin, inner thigh, back of knees, around your waist, under your breasts, armpits, etc). Another point to mention, that if you are working on the backs of your knees, an artery is in there, so don't dig around in there hard...you don't want to rupture that!

The people who say weight training is effective are right...and they will post pictures to prove it!! Excessive cardio is not necessary, just get a good burn in, maybe some interval training.

The cellulite creams can be helpful, and also an encouragement for you as you work to resolve the problem. :)MinMin
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Well... just to give my two cents. I weigh 160 lbs and stand 5'6. I have ample *kitten* and breasts and hips.

And I have no cellulite. At all.

Soooo....... yeah. I say it's the luck of the draw, people.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is extremely rude, how would know if she is "skinny fat"? Do you know her body fat percentage? It does have to do with body fat percentage, and where your body chooses to hold on to it's last fat. I do believe some people are genetically more likely to have the issue. I have know body builders who had issues with it:)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Well... just to give my two cents. I weigh 160 lbs and stand 5'6. I have ample *kitten* and breasts and hips.

And I have no cellulite. At all.

Soooo....... yeah. I say it's the luck of the draw, people.

Ditto to this. I definitely have excess body fat (I'm 5'3 and 135 lbs) and no cellulite. Yet I know people fitter than me that have it.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you are comparing yourself to women in magazines....remember they are ALL airbrushed to look perfect....the human form is not perfect.....
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a difference in mine since I've started using Nivea's anti-cellulite cream with Q10. I massage it in every morning after my shower and not only has the cellulite diminished, my legs have never been softer! Of course, I also do 6 days of cardio and weight training every week, so I'm sure it's a combination of all 3.
  • HappyHealthyChick
    Options
    I'm female 5'6" weigh 56.7kg and have no cellulite. Now my mother and grandmother have it and have had it since they were teenages I myself am 23. Cut back on your salt, drink more water, cut down on booze, lift weights and do cardio. Some of it is genetics and some of it is your lifestyle too.....
  • HappyHealthyChick
    Options
    I had cellulite on my upper arms, stomach, thighs and calves when I weighed in the 140lbs range.

I am 5'3" and today I weigh 114lbs. All the cellulite disappeared except for the back of my upper thighs, near my butt area. I am still working on it.

During my weightloss journey, I did a lot of massaging of the legs (the type for lymph node drainage for Lymphedema patients) after every shower. Using a basic moisturizer and massaging from my ankles up to my thighs.

I always moisturize after my showers and have no cellulite to be found.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I never had a ton of cellulite, but then i went on anti depressants and gained 30 pounds, now i have a ton of cellulite, im wondering when i hopefully get back down to my past weight will the cellulite that i got from weight gain disappear or is it there for good?
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I never had a ton of cellulite, but then i went on anti depressants and gained 30 pounds, now i have a ton of cellulite, im wondering when i hopefully get back down to my past weight will the cellulite that i got from weight gain disappear or is it there for good?
  • nickmast78
    nickmast78 Posts: 65
    Options
    This is still going on?! LOL
  • sherryltjackson
    sherryltjackson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think those who have cellulite will never truly get rid of it. It is a genetic thing. The best thing you can do is watch your diet, and exercise not only cardio, but lunges, squats, yoga so you are toning and body sculpting. Eating food that make you retain water, ie. high sodium is probably not the best either. If you are toned etc and still have a little here and there, think of it as little dimples smiling at you. ;D
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have had cellulite on the back of my thighs since puberty...at every weight and fitness level between 115 and 150 pounds (I'm 5'3"). It used to bother me a lot, so I researched it like mad. The scientific literature all seemed to point to a genetic predetermination in some folks to have a weaker skin structure below the surface where many deeper fat cells are stored. The fat is there on most people (esp. women and in certain places), but it doesn't always show up like it does on people with cellulite because those lucky few have a sufficiently strong "webbing" (or whatever) in the internal layers of their skin to hold their fat cells in place.

This "nothing you can do about it" answer frustrated the hell out of me, so I lost weight and worked hard (when I was about 25) to tone that area. It never completely went away, but it was waaaaay less obvious than it used to be. Like, you had to grab my thighs and squeeze to really see it.

So, the moral of the story is that doing a bunch of squats—while not totally obliterating the fat cells or strengthening the skin holding the fat in place—will shrink the fat cells and pad the area with a layer of muscle that obscures it. And that, my friends, is good enough for me. ;)
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

Ladies, pick up the weights!

First of all: rude.
    Second: you're*

People of all shapes and sizes have cellulite. I agree with those that say eat right and exercise, and you'll eventually see results. Toning up is key. Also, love yourself, cellulite and all! :wink:

First of all: sensitive
    Second: you're*

LOL, man! people are nasty, hahaha. i should've added i have been running four miles almost everyday. i have lost about 10 lbs of fat. i do not think i am a "skinny fat" person. i have a lot of muscle. just cellulite in my problem areas (legs and butt). i think of skinny fat people as the girls who can eat almost anythring, and don't get thicker, but htey have cellulite. anyway, i was only wondering because it is just an issue when it comes to wearing a bikini bottom. wasn't wondering how everyone else thinks i can rid of it, JUST WONDERING WHO HAS PERSONALLY HAD SUCCESS WITH "rubbing" it away. sounds crazy, but it apparently breaks up the fat.
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Google skin brushing. Apparently it takes a while but people say it works. There are also YouTube videos showing how to do it properly.

thank you thank you
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    I have posted on this subject many times by now. Many people are understandingly skeptical about the idea that you can get rid of it, but in fact you can, and I have! And yes, diet and exercise are important for keeping it off as well as getting rid of it.

But you need to understand that those tissues are congested, that's why they look like that. And that is why even a fit person can have it...because it's kinda stuck there, and needs some encouragement to come out.

So a person should clean up their diet, if they have not already, and get some good weight training/cardio going, drink adequate water (no need to drown yourself, just drink enough so you're not dehydrated). Try to avoid excess salt, and the salt you do eat--try to make it unrefined salt (RealSalt, for example, or others you may find).

In addition, massage is in fact very helpful, as it brings the circulation there...also you may feel those deposits are often lumpy...the lumps can be quite hard, and the area can be pretty tender-ish... feels like a bruise... if you start pushing around on it. Sometimes those lumps feel about as hard as a marble!! It can make you feel that you will never get rid of it!! You have to break up those areas! Use massage, too!

If you are already fit, then you should use massage...it really needs to be pretty firm, so if you do it yourself, or ask a massage therapist to get in there and give it some "tough love." Tips on that: use arnica oil (arnica is just an herb...pick up the oil at a healthfood store) That oil will make this rub more comfortable....rub some on the skin over the area you will be massaging... start massaging gently then get firmer over time. That way you can get quite firm, and it can hurt...but only while you are getting it broken up, then the discomfort level subsides, and actually you will feel amazing circulation to those areas...you just didn't realize they were lacking. But I'm telling you, it's congested tissue. You need to get it moving out your lymph drainage points (those are anywhere you sweat..groin, inner thigh, back of knees, around your waist, under your breasts, armpits, etc). Another point to mention, that if you are working on the backs of your knees, an artery is in there, so don't dig around in there hard...you don't want to rupture that!

The people who say weight training is effective are right...and they will post pictures to prove it!! Excessive cardio is not necessary, just get a good burn in, maybe some interval training.

The cellulite creams can be helpful, and also an encouragement for you as you work to resolve the problem. :)MinMin

ahhhh, thank you!
  • autumnpennell
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your helpful and comical responses. :) I have seen girls bigger than I who have "chub" on their stomach, and no cellulite, and I've always said I'd rather look like that than have cellulite. But yeah, I am 5'4'' and have gone from 138 to 129.8 in about two months now from eating better and exercising. However, the whole point of all my working out was to get rid of my cellulite beneath my butt...which...is still there. sounds like I need to hit the weights, but I was simply wondering if anyone had success from ridding it by rubbing it by breaking of the fat, AND, sounds like some people have. :) so, question answered. and no, i am not stupid enough to try a cream which is simply topical.

thanks again to everyone who repsonded, even if you were hated on this thread, still helped get responses. ;)
    thanks
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't discount that genetics play a part of it, but if you were 14% then, it might be different. Also, have you ever looked at what your body fat % is just for that area. I only have 9% body fat in my legs but 18% in my stomach with overall body fat around 12%. So if you are storing your body fat in your legs, then that is what you have to eliminate the fat.
    14% body fat in a woman?yeah, that's a smart suggestion!

her periods would likely stop and it could cause all manner of health issues.

a healthy percentage for a woman is in the twenties.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think is a combination of eat healthy, excercises, and drink a lot of water!!!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ will rub cellulite areas for free! :laugh: :laugh: