Looking Good For Christmas - Week 9

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends ... today has been a very stress filled day with family junk. Sometimes I just want to run away. Anyway ... as my mom always use to say ... this too shall pass. It's funny that when things like this happen you just want to eat the fridge ... but I won't let that happen ... not when I've been feeling so good with the new eating habits. It's just not worth it to pig out now. I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

I am sorry you did not have a good weekend. It is good though that you were able to push away your cravings. Keep up the awesome job. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Hubs and I went to the Witte Museum for a "date". We are trying to do something together every weekend in order to keep from just sitting around watching t.v. I hate t.v.,....most of the time.
    So next it's the Art Museum, then Buckhorn Saloon/Museum. We already did the zoo. It's so much fun and I get in some much needed walking. Oh, we are going to do the botanical gardens too!!

Anywho, you all have a wonderful day and a happy healthy week.

Memaw
    That is great that you and your hubby are enjoying quality time together and getting in your walking at the same time. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in for Saturday
    Start Date July 15 186.0
    Week 1 July 22 186.0
    Week 2 July 29 186.0
    Week 3 August 5 186.0
    Week 4 August 12 186.0
    Week 5 August 19 181.2
    Week 6 August 26 179.2 (down 2 pounds)
    Week 7 September 5 178.0
    Week 8 September 12 177.8

Did not lose much at all, but suprisingly, I did lose. I am still very happy with my progress. It would be great to be down to 175 by my birthday the first week of October. I can do it, I just have to put my mind into it.
    Have a fantastic week. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    hi everyone...ok i decided that looking good by christmas is something i definately want to participate in :) what day of the week does eveyone normally weigh in? i defiantely need to get moving if i want to stay on trach which i am kind of having a hard time with right now :)
    I normally weigh in Saturday mornings. That way you are really good during the week and then Saturday evening is your cheat meal. I make sure to weigh after I get up in the morning and after I use the restroom. Also with no clothes on. Believe it or not your pjs weigh in too. That is how I do it every Saturday morning. You can really weigh in any day of the week, but I would recommend only one time a week and in the morning.
    If you have other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a message. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:

thanks...i think i am going to take your advice and weigh in on saturdays...that sounds like a good plan...hopefully i can get some good momentum here and keep everything on track :)
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    ok so i didnt get to the gym this weekend...but i did move my mom with little help so i definately burned some calories...it was non stop moving and lifting for hours so i feel a little better about missing the gym :) and today its physical condition (class) and then off to the gym..this week i am going to make it happen finally :)
  • Iffer75
    Options
    hi everyone...ok i decided that looking good by christmas is something i definately want to participate in :) what day of the week does eveyone normally weigh in? i defiantely need to get moving if i want to stay on trach which i am kind of having a hard time with right now :)
    I normally weigh in Saturday mornings. That way you are really good during the week and then Saturday evening is your cheat meal. I make sure to weigh after I get up in the morning and after I use the restroom. Also with no clothes on. Believe it or not your pjs weigh in too. That is how I do it every Saturday morning. You can really weigh in any day of the week, but I would recommend only one time a week and in the morning.
    If you have other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a message. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
    thanks...i think i am going to take your advice and weigh in on saturdays...that sounds like a good plan...hopefully i can get some good momentum here and keep everything on track :)

So, how was your weigh in on Saturday??? :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options

um...lol i didnt get to it this weekend....i will post it this coming saturday...i had so much going on this past saturday it didnt even occur ro me to start on that day :)

So, how was your weigh in on Saturday??? :bigsmile:
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 186.0
    Week 1 July 22 186.0
    Week 2 July 29 186.0
    Week 3 August 5 186.0
    Week 4 August 12 186.0
    Week 5 August 19 181.2
    Week 7 September 5 178.0

Did not lose much at all, but suprisingly, I did lose. I am still very happy with my progress. It would be great to be down to 175 by my birthday the first week of October. I can do it, I just have to put my mind into it.

:flowerforyou: Your doing a GTEAT job! How many inches have you loss? How do you like the P90x? I've been thinking about getting it!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ... this week will be pretty stressful both at work and at home ... I'll have to take the time to be on my own and exercise to release some of it. The home stress will be over after this weekend so that will cut it in half ... the work stress I may have to deal with for a while ... it can be done and I will survive. Okay ... now that I've written that out I feel better already. I hope you're all doing well and I wish you easy healthy choices for the week.

Good_Morning54.jpg
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    magglett,

Hope dealing with stress goes well. When I am stressed that seems to be when I make the worst food choices. We are dealing with home stress right now also but mine will not be over until mid Octoboer. My husband is taking the professional engineering exam in October. He is studying all the time and then stressing and me and the kids get stressed just because he is......can't wait until the test is over....but then ....there is the wait until he gets the results back. I really hope he passes the first time so we do not have to go through this again.

On a positive note when I stepped on the scale yesterday I was up three pounds from Sunday morning, but this morning I was back down 3.5 pounds.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Everyone keep to the healthy choices and get in your exercise and water.
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 186.0
    Week 1 July 22 186.0
    Week 2 July 29 186.0
    Week 3 August 5 186.0
    Week 4 August 12 186.0
    Week 5 August 19 181.2
    Week 7 September 5 178.0

:flowerforyou: Your doing a GREAT job! How many inches have you loss? How do you like the P90x? I've been thinking about getting Power 90 or Slim in 6, have you done these?
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you beautiful people!

Yesterday was a really weird day at work, two of the girls were "asked to resign". Seems they were doing some not so legal things. Bummer too, they have been here for 10 years and held very high positions in the company. So everyone was on edge yesterday, it was way more than a typical Monday!
    Hope things are better today, we should find out if there will be any restructuring and if I will be moved because one of the positions was in bookkeeping (which I also do). So we shall see.

Hope everyone has a great healthy day!!

Memaw
  • kolney
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I had a crazy weekend and I'm feeling like I'm going to be up tomorrow. I hope not. I wasn't very great about working out or drinking my water. I worked crazy amounts of hours last week which really cut into my working out time. With 2 little kiddos at home it's so hard to find time...

Meemaw...that sucks that they let people go at work. That is always stressful! I hope today is a better day for you.
  • anthrochix
    Options
    magglett,

Hope dealing with stress goes well. When I am stressed that seems to be when I make the worst food choices. We are dealing with home stress right now also but mine will not be over until mid Octoboer. My husband is taking the professional engineering exam in October. He is studying all the time and then stressing and me and the kids get stressed just because he is......can't wait until the test is over....but then ....there is the wait until he gets the results back. I really hope he passes the first time so we do not have to go through this again.

On a positive note when I stepped on the scale yesterday I was up three pounds from Sunday morning, but this morning I was back down 3.5 pounds.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Everyone keep to the healthy choices and get in your exercise and water.

Hey Maggie - My hubby is also studying for his PE exam (but in April) and it definitely stresses things! I leave him alone on the computer and do my own thing. He's worried because English isn't his first language. We know he knows the info, but sometimes it can't come across in a standardized exam. Best of luck to your hubs!
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:

I am so excited, I had a DR appointment today. My heart was beating so fast when I stepped on the scale. The doctors scale and mine are exact. I have not seen her since April (I started this site in May) and I am 29 lbs lighter. She told me whatever I'm doing to keep doing it even if it is coming off really slow (1 lb every two to three weeks). She also told me not to lose more than 5 additional pounds. I'm so happy I could cry! This is the best place ever and I tell everyone about ths site.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi everyone:

I am so excited, I had a DR appointment today. My heart was beating so fast when I stepped on the scale. The doctors scale and mine are exact. I have not seen her since April (I started this site in May) and I am 29 lbs lighter. She told me whatever I'm doing to keep doing it even if it is coming off really slow (1 lb every two to three weeks). She also told me not to lose more than 5 additional pounds. I'm so happy I could cry! This is the best place ever and I tell everyone about ths site.

Isn't that the coolest!!! Congratulations. I went to my naturopath yesterday for the first time in forever and she almost fell over when she saw me. I too told her about MFP and all of you and she will be checking out the site. I'm so happy for you ... and me.

HappyDance3k.gif
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I had a crazy weekend and I'm feeling like I'm going to be up tomorrow. I hope not. I wasn't very great about working out or drinking my water. I worked crazy amounts of hours last week which really cut into my working out time. With 2 little kiddos at home it's so hard to find time...

Meemaw...that sucks that they let people go at work. That is always stressful! I hope today is a better day for you.
    Well, they didn't exactly let them go, it was either quit or get fired. Bummer all the same.
  • Iffer75
    Options

:flowerforyou: Your doing a GREAT job! How many inches have you loss? How do you like the P90x? I've been thinking about getting it!

I lost just over 11 1/2 inches and about 9 pounds during the program. I loved the program and would recommend it to anyone who wanted to build some muscle and just feel better all around. I feel stronger than I ever have. If you have not really worked out too much yet, I would definetly suggest starting with Power 90 then graduate to P90X. It is pretty intense, but fantastic. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ... this week will be pretty stressful both at work and at home ... I'll have to take the time to be on my own and exercise to release some of it. The home stress will be over after this weekend so that will cut it in half ... the work stress I may have to deal with for a while ... it can be done and I will survive. Okay ... now that I've written that out I feel better already. I hope you're all doing well and I wish you easy healthy choices for the week.

I hope your week doesn't go as bad as you think it will. Just keep finding time to exercise and eating clean and that should help. Just take one step at a time, you will get through it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good morning all you beautiful people!

Yesterday was a really weird day at work, two of the girls were "asked to resign". Seems they were doing some not so legal things. Bummer too, they have been here for 10 years and held very high positions in the company. So everyone was on edge yesterday, it was way more than a typical Monday!
    Hope things are better today, we should find out if there will be any restructuring and if I will be moved because one of the positions was in bookkeeping (which I also do). So we shall see.

Hope everyone has a great healthy day!!

Memaw

Maybe you will get a promotion. That would be fantastic. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :bigsmile: