So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just got number nine a little over a week ago. they are so addictive. I have a couple that were spur of the moment but the majority of mine do have meaning :) I already have my next two planned!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2 and ready for more :)
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of people on here have no tattoos, so whose inked and proud?

*I don't think it's a bad thing to not have tattoos, they're not for everyone of course :flowerforyou:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/14448_175052589756_4132325_n.jpg

Both arms, about 1/4 sleeve size
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    12" dragon from my ribs to my hip bone. I also have a scorpian on my lower ab and a rosebud on my spine. I am not that girly, but my best friend is and we got matching rosebud tattoos...otherwise, I would have never gotten it.
  • kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    <-- this one and more in my pics.. have my left side ribs done & foot :)
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    22 tattoos for me and counting! Next on the list is finishing off my right sleeve, finishing off my left sleeve, designing a thigh sleeve and looking to extend a calf piece to a calf wrap and extend to my thigh... Not that I'm addicted LOL
  • NYBikeRacer
    Options
    Oh, I did.
  • tahastin
    tahastin Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 2 and plan on another one soon in honor of my dad :heart:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have 3. Didn't get my first one till I was 50. Comment about being 50 with a gravid tattoo???? Gravid meaning pregnant...pregnant tattoo??? :huh: Mine look just fine, thank you very much!:tongue:
  • Flamenquero
    Flamenquero Posts: 132
    Options
    I graduated from the US Army Airborne School in 1978. After graduation I went into Columbus, GA (outside of Ft. Benning) to get a set of Airborne wings tatoo'd on my shoulder. The tattoo guy asked me if I was planning to go to Ranger School as well. I told him yes in a couple of years, so he said to come back after I finished Ranger School so that he could do both as a set. I graduated from Ranger School in 1981. Hardest thing I ever did in my life. So back I go to the tattoo shop to get the Airborne wings and the Ranger tab tattoo'd together (the tab goes just above the wings). Same tatoo guy running the shop. He asked if I was an officer. I said yes. He said it was not a good idea for officers to get tattoos and that the enlisted men wouldn't like it even if they had tattoos themselves. Found out later from some experienced sergeants that he was right. Two decades later I am back at Ft. Benning pinning my old Airborne wings on my son's chest. My son asked me about getting an Airborne wings tattoo. I told him the above story.

I'm 54 now and I still think about getting that Airborne Ranger tattoo set :smile:
  • Tina1970s
    Tina1970s Posts: 62
    Options
    To the comment they are a recent "fad" - Tattooing has been practiced for centuries in many different cultures.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Inked! I have 2 and proud of both.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i have 22, one of them is a full back piece that i have about 8 hours of coloring left on, getting it finished this december and can't wait, it's been in the making for 5 years now :) you can see a few from my profile pic but i have them all over
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I currently have 9 tattoos, mainly on my back and left side. I'd eventually love to get my back completely done.

As for the person who wrote "tattoos are classless and trashy" everyone has a right to their own opinion. I did find a quote that I think fits perfectly:

"the only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people, is that tattooed people don't give a *kitten* that you don't have tattoos."

Tattoos are more acceptable these days and there is nothing classless or trashy about them. People with tattoos don't look down on people who don't have tattoos. We are proud to sport our ink.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My kids are getting me my 1st for my 50th next month. It's going to be on my calf. A dragonfly perched on a leaf. The leaf will have my 2 kid's names on it. I have pretty cool kids!
  • dcsump2
    dcsump2 Posts: 73
    Options
    <
    Always tossed around the idea of getting this guy (or at least the "S") on my shoulder but I can't get over the whole "permanent" thing. :ohwell:
  • NYBikeRacer
    Options
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

This is the funniest quote to me.

I am very classy and FAR from being trashy - yet I have 2 tattoos and getting a third when I am down 40 lbs.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a lot. Like 26.

I thought this was a good site meant for support...
    To the person who said tattoos are classless and trashy...what crawled up your butt this morning? I seriously do not know what is wrong with people today. Going around degrading everyone just by the way they look. They make me sick and I am pretty scared for the world that my children are growing up in. It is just sad that this world is filled with so many hateful and disgusting people. I'm glad I am going to teach my children to respect and accept people.

I have tattoos and I love em and if you dont like me and want to instantly say I am a bad person then that is fine and dandy. I dont care to be friends with any hateful people.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have 2. My fiance's name on my left wrist, with 3 stars to represent me, him and our angel baby that we lost 3 years ago. I also have Vivere, Amor, Ridete on my foot which is latin for Live, Love, Laugh.

Both tattoos were done mixing the ink with my fiance's ashes. He died in April, aged 25 of a heart attack

600284_10150904968167605_1178718334_n.jpg

576894_10150904946632605_1743008352_n-2.jpg

Wow, what a story...:cry:

Very sad...great story...beautiful tattoos! God Bless! :flowerforyou: