So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

oh see, i thought she was saying that SHE was too classless and trashy to be the canvas for a wonderful art.
    my legs are heavily tattooed, i have a half sleeve in progress on my left arm, my wifes name on my back, sons name on right bicep which i'll be turning into a halfsleeve dedicated to how kick *kitten* he is...

know what else i have? a high-paying job in a corporate environment in the great city of cambridge, a lovely townhouse that i own, a wife of 10 years, a smart well-behaved 9yo son, and table manners to boot. i still hold doors for people, and am very personable.

i have class and am very far from trashy.
    she came off like a douche.

Oh well, you guys should think real hard about that tattoo ink and what it can do to your body.

sure, if youre not careful.
    same applies for alcohol, water, and ZOMG...PEANUTS!!!!!!
    a sponge can be dangerous if you use it the wrong way...

how much red-dye #7 are you ingesting?
    are you living fully clean and organic?
    manufactured food is far more dangerous than some ink in my dermals. :)
  • tat2oodmonster
    Options
    I have a ton, and this girl is still classy!
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options

oh see, i thought she was saying that SHE was too classless and trashy to be the canvas for a wonderful art.
    my legs are heavily tattooed, i have a half sleeve in progress on my left arm, my wifes name on my back, sons name on right bicep which i'll be turning into a halfsleeve dedicated to how kick *kitten* he is...

know what else i have? a high-paying job in a corporate environment in the great city of cambridge, a lovely townhouse that i own, a wife of 10 years, a smart well-behaved 9yo son, and table manners to boot. i still hold doors for people, and am very personable.

Oh well, you guys should think real hard about that tattoo ink and what it can do to your body.

please explain what it will do to my body. ive yet to have any ill side effects. im thinking your digging yourself a deeper hole
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have two. On the back of each hand! My kids names. Would post photo but I do not know how to.
  • aoife_griffin
    aoife_griffin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do! I love them all! I think well thought out tattoos are a fabulous expression of individuality :)
    Three stars on my inner left forearm, a star burst on the back of my right wrist, a lyric that is super special to me on my back, a triad behind my left ear, and some glyphs on the back of my neck :)
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have 6. They are all relatively small, except for the one on my leg. I've got an idea for one more, although that could change.....
  • Rhiannon723
    Options
    10 and counting here! Just need more $$$$$
  • pthomann
    pthomann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have two - one on the left side of my back, on the ribcage, and one on my left flank. i have more planned, but am not comfortable with the idea of fully visible tattoos on me.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options

please explain what it will do to my body. ive yet to have any ill side effects. im thinking your digging yourself a deeper hole

My sleeve makes my bicep look more beefy lol :bigsmile:
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    One on my arm...

The next will have to be Darth Vader somewhere on my body...since I am a nerd

YaY!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

this is classic backpedaling with a side of deflection.

it started out as "tattoos are trashy"
    then went to "well the people i know who have them have bad ones"
    and now we're at "ink is dangerous! be safe guys!"
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options

My sleeve makes my bicep look more beefy lol :bigsmile:

haha. i need to get a sleeve if it does that
  • nativedel
    nativedel Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a beautiful canvas ..... Flowers and Hummingbird and eagle ..... Hummingbird was a given name in the pow wow circle which was given to me by a respectable and honorable elder. I don't plan on adding more. :smile:
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have 13 and love each and every one - I am not classless or trashy, I just enjoy telling my story on my body. I am finishing up my PhD in Epidemiology at a Medical School and consider myself to be quite intelligent and do not believe that having ink changes this fact. While people are of course more than entitled to their own opinion, I find it to be quite ignorant when people judge others just because they chose to have something pretty (or meaningful) placed on their own body. I am planning my 14th and am quite excited to finally get it (after my dissertation defense!).
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i have 3 which are all really meaningful, one is a tattoo i designed myself with a bible verse, and the other is a breast cancer ribbon design based off of a bracelet that was given to my mom at the beginning of her chemo. the last and most recent one is one i got with my mom and sister in honor of my moms 5 year anniversary of being cancer-free! :)
  • pthomann
    pthomann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    huh?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/gravid

your comment doesn't make any sense.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've got two: a tribal turtle and wave that goes around my right ankle, and a fire butterly on my back between the shoulder blades. My first tattoo was a henna tat in Mexico during spring break of my senior year, but the first real one didn't come until 8 years later once I decided what design I wanted and found an artist that could draw what I envisioned. The second came less than 2 years later and was an easier decision of what I wanted. Definitely want at least one more, but I"m back to deciding what I want and where, though leaning towards inside wrist for location... My cuz-in-law has 11 and they can all be covered up so you'd never know and they all have some meaning to her in some way. She, along with my brother who has 4, got me hooked on the real ones :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    huh?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/gravid

your comment doesn't make any sense.

I was lso mystified as to WTFF she was talking about.........but I'm tattooed so I am too stooopid to figger it out.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and once I get to my goal weight I am getting more.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My current (smallish) two were each considered for at least a couple of years before I got them, and the next (big) one has been in the planning for 8 years so far. I don't anticipate regretting them, and all will fit under business casual attire, so who cares?

Now if we're talking about facial tattoos... I'll just have to say that in our current society they tend to limit upward social mobility above a certain point. Even at that, I'm not going to call someone classless and trashy.