So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• Sammijo24
    Sammijo24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

In her defense....everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even if their opinion is presented in a classless and trashy manner.

Just sayin', never met a 50+ person with a gravid tattoo.

?action=view&current=540886_3326975581824_1305853571_n.jpg

?action=view&current=ApIJ-sJCEAAzhTQ.jpg
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    yup! with 2 more planned when i reach mile stones.....in fact working my butt off to become a tattooist lol

That's fantastic! I'll be attempting to get an apprenticeship at one of the local shops around here, when the timing is right. :) For now I'm just practicing on my art! Good luck to you on both your weight loss goal and becoming a tattooist!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I just have one small one at the moment on my inner left wrist. Image of it can be seen here: http://fav.me/d46xfge

I planned for it to be bigger, but I didn't have the money for a sleeve tat and I wasn't so sure what my pain tolerance involving them was gonna be. When I slim down some more (like.. way more) I'm going to get matching tats on my upper arms and I may see about an addition to my current one. I know the purple needs a touch up and I'm past the "free" period, plus the guy that did it is gone.

Funny thing is I used to hate tats but I had a dream when I was 17 (yes cliche) where I got this gorgeous sleeve tat and it just stuck in my mind all these years until I could afford and be legal to get something.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

havent read any other comments just saw this dont know if anyone else has said anything

BUT thats a bit rude!!
  • Julz2586
    Options

Pity, I think being judgemental is way more classless and trashy. Looks like you fit the bill on that.

Well said LOL
  • Julz2586
    Options
    At the moment a lot of friends/family are seeking expensive treatment to get rid of tattoos they got when the fad was very popular.

:huh:

See now I think that has more to say about 'why' you should get a tattoo. The point of a tat isn't to follow a trend.

All my tattoos are meaningful... nothing to do with following a trend.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have ink. :0)
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos and plan for more ASAP! Inked and proud :)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Inked and proud...I have 3...want 1 more...:flowerforyou:
  • amivox
    Options
    Tattoos aren't trashy. Well, maybe SOME tattoos are. And a lot of people have really crappy ink... so maybe thats what you are talking about? (Just trying to save you from looking like a complete d-bag)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    sooo trashy

3481578089_646cebeebd.jpg

for me tats are a spiritual thing. But also a beautiful thing. It's art, it's magic, it's meaningful. For me. Of course, some people just have them because they are pretty, and that's fine too.

Also, my artist has agreed to do touch ups well into my 80's so I have no fear of my ink getting nasty with age.

I'm going to be a fabulous grandma someday ;)

02.jpg

(and yes, I think she looks fabulous)
  • rumor23
    rumor23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am and proud. Across the back (Tramp stamp), both sides of both legs. I have them placed so that I can keep them covered at work since I work in an office.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    At the moment a lot of friends/family are seeking expensive treatment to get rid of tattoos they got when the fad was very popular.

See now I think that has more to say about 'why' you should get a tattoo. The point of a tat isn't to follow a trend.

word. Friends don't let friends get flash (unless friend has a really really really really really good reason to want flash).
  • Julz2586
    Options
    Oh and i'm inked and proud!!!!

currently have 6.....
    two on the back of my neck
    one on my right foot
    one on my right shoulder blade
    one around my left wrist
    and one of my left side of my ribs (this one is my fav and my biggest:heart: )

next on the list is a half sleeve which i have almost finished designing
    another one on the other side of my ribs and another one around my other wrist :drinker:

:drinker: YAY FOR BEAUTIFUL SEXY INK :drinker:
  • amivox
    Options

word. Friends don't let friends get flash (unless friend has a really really really really really good reason to want flash).

lol, flash tats. SMH
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I have three.
    1. A tribal one on my forearm with my sons birth stone

2.wings with a halo, scrolls and roses on my upper left arm in memory of my dad

3.and one on my left calf of a butterfly with a flower and heart, no meaning on that one just really liked it, the art for that one came from a napkin in a bar that some guy would come in and draw and I really liked it so it was my first one.

I would like to get a few more once I hit my goal weight
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    I have 9 and proud becuase they aren't random stars or butterflies: 3 are flowers that my granfather (that I never met) drew in his sketchbook, 3 are Lithuanian suns as I am Lithuanian and since I play french horn 3 are music related. It also depends on where you get your tattoos and your profession. If you work in the business world and have tattoos on your hand/wrist etc, then I can understand where they are kind of trashy. But let's admit it, some tattoos, no matter what, are trashy.
  • Julz2586
    Options
    I have 9 and proud becuase they aren't random stars or butterflies: 3 are flowers that my granfather (that I never met) drew in his sketchbook, 3 are Lithuanian suns as I am Lithuanian and since I play french horn 3 are music related. It also depends on where you get your tattoos and your profession. If you work in the business world and have tattoos on your hand/wrist etc, then I can understand where they are kind of trashy. But let's admit it, some tattoos, no matter what, are trashy.

I'm a receptionist in the head office of and engineering company.... i have a tattoo on my wrist and soon to have a tattoo on half my half... how is it trashy?
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

i am an attorney. And i have hand tattoos. Not trashy.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Me! I have a full sleeve on one arm, half sleeve on the other, stuff on both calves, one on my shoulder blade, wrist, ankle, finger, and chest. Jeez, that sounds like a lot, lol.