So many recipes, so little time :cry:
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    One of my family's favorites is a pork sirloin roast with about 1 cup of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with low-fat tortillas, black beans, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce or cabbage, more salsa. YUMMY!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    For anyone who has come home to overdone food in the crockpot, the problem may not be that there wasn't enough liquid. I had been finding that my crockpot was cooking a lot of meals too fast. I thought that the crockpot was on it's way out since it was 6-7 years old. My hubby got me a new one and when I read the directions it said that if the crockpot is less than half way filled the food will cook faster. Well that solved that mystery and it made sense! I don't know why I didn't think of that. LOL So, if you have a larger crockpot and it isn't filled most of the way, the cooking time will be less. :wink:

Thank you!! I live alone and I have a medium sized crock pot and now I know to fill it up at least half way! haha, thanks!
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    I love it! I've been stuck on 2 basic Crockpot recipes. I can't wait to try some of these!
    Thanks and keep them coming!

ps. What is this "bump" stuff mean? I'm a little behind the times :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've been stuck on 2 basic Crockpot recipes. I can't wait to try some of these!
    Thanks and keep them coming!

ps. What is this "bump" stuff mean? I'm a little behind the times :bigsmile:

To BUMP a thread means you are keeping the thread active on the recent posts. :smile:
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • projectMOH
    projectMOH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take a half a turkey breast, with the bone, add a chopped onion, chopped celery, about a Tbsp of Chicken flavoring and some water in the bottom and let it cook about 8 hours, until the meat falls off the bone. Shred the meat and serve as sandwiches or plain with a side. LOVE IT!!! :bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    For anyone who has come home to overdone food in the crockpot, the problem may not be that there wasn't enough liquid. I had been finding that my crockpot was cooking a lot of meals too fast. I thought that the crockpot was on it's way out since it was 6-7 years old. My hubby got me a new one and when I read the directions it said that if the crockpot is less than half way filled the food will cook faster. Well that solved that mystery and it made sense! I don't know why I didn't think of that. LOL So, if you have a larger crockpot and it isn't filled most of the way, the cooking time will be less. :wink:

Thank you for that tip - it explains a lot!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    I made in the Crockpot yesterday pork chops (I'd probably use a pork tenderloin next time, but it's what I had) with onions and pears with a little brown sugar and dijon mustard and it was wonderful! Browning the meat first made it a little tastier too.

Today I have chicken breast with some of Emeril's spice stuff and pineapple and onions with ginger, lemon juice, just a little bit of corn starch and I plan on serving with brown rice. Hope it turns out well as this is my first time trying it but it sure does sound yummy! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Oh, and I'm totally going to try the chicken salsa one everyone has been talking about for tomorrow!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options

I had forgotten about that after all these years. Thanks for the reminder about having enough in the crockpot.

JAM

PS: Solves my problems too.
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I made this last night...

Put chicken breasts (mine were frozen),Texas Pete's Buffalo wing sauce, a little water, salt, pepper, and diced red onion in a crock pot. Let cook all day on low.

Pull the chicken breasts out and shredded them up. Put on a whole wheat bun and top with the excess sauce and onions. Then sprinklea little 2% cheese on top. I ate mine open faced just using half of the bun, to save a few calories.

It was DELICIOUS!
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made this last night...

Put chicken breasts (mine were frozen),Texas Pete's Buffalo wing sauce, a little water, salt, pepper, and diced red onion in a crock pot. Let cook all day on low.

Pull the chicken breasts out and shredded them up. Put on a whole wheat bun and top with the excess sauce and onions. Then sprinklea little 2% cheese on top. I ate mine open faced just using half of the bun, to save a few calories.

It was DELICIOUS!

This sounds great! I'm going to try it!