Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• MMLong3996
    Options
    Great!! Thank you so much!
    So are you saying that you cook the pork loin by itself to begin with? And once you remove it and drain it's own juices, then you add in all of the ingredients?

Just wanted to be sure!

That would be correct. It was so easy. I woke up at 5:30A Sunday morning, threw the loin in the slow cooker, went back to bed. Didn't touch or think about it again till close to 3:30P when I started to cut the onion. It gets even better when you do left overs, because the meat and onions have more time to marry together.
  • audrenr
    audrenr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have and easy chili in the crockpot today:
    1 lb lean ground beef
    3-4 cups of my homemade spaghetti sauce that I keep frozen (or you can use a jar)
    1 can chili beans (they have a ton of flavor)
    season how you like (I use nutmeg, cumin, s&p and crushed red pepper)

After we are done with our dinner, I am going to keep the crockpot going and add to the chili leftovers:
    2-3 cups of my homemade tomato sauce (again, you can use canned)
    1/2 bag of soup veggies

Thats it! Two easy quick meals. I serve baked tortilla chips with the Chili and Cornbread with the soup.

If you don't want to do this 2 days in a row, you can store your crockpot in the fridge till your ready to make the soup
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 big chicken breasts
    chopped yellow onion (1/2 cup or whatever you like)
    2 cans diced tomato (I use the ones with green onions in them)
    1 can black beans
    fresh garlic (2 cloves)
    fresh chopped cilantro (2 tbsp)
    tsp of cumin, chili powder, onion powder
    dash salt & pepper
    2 cups of chicken broth and a cup of water

Put it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or so. When you are close to eating, take the chicken out and shred it (it should shred quite easily) and put back in the pot for a little bit.

Take a large La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla, cut into triangles or strips, spray with cooking spray and salt lightly and heat up in the oven 400 degrees for about 5-8 minutes until crispy. Put on top of soup after pouring in bowl, also can add fat free shredded cheese and/or greek yogurt for creaminess.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A favorite in our house is as follows:

4 chicken breasts
    2 cans Campbell's low fat cream soup (we use chicken, but you can use anything)
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 TSP flour

Throw the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the 2 cans of soup overtop. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1/2 hour before finished mix cornmeal & flour together. Sprinkle on top of mixture.

The result? Yummy creamy chicken with a cornbread type crust on top. YUM.

Holy Yummyness Batwoman!! This sounds sooo good! Thank you
    Can substitute pork chops with cream of mushroom soup too. Or rib meat with french onion. All yummy!!

McCormick also has some awesome slow cooker seasoning packets specifically for crock pots! I love their pulled pork and hearty beef stew! Easy to make and awesome taste! 1 packet makes 8 servings w/only 15 cal per serving for the seasoning so the calories really only come from what you put in - give them a try and let me know what you think!
  • rnmommy
    rnmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • divandisguise
    divandisguise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very easy recipe: Chicken Stroganoff
    1 lb chicken tenderloins (cut into bite size pieces)
    1 envelope dry onion soup mix
    1 container fat free sour cream (fat free works and tastes better in this recipe)

mix in crockpot and cook for 6-8 hours.
    serve over noodles (i use no yolks)

low fat, low calorie and large portions everyone that has tried this really likes it
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Double Bump.... YUMMY!!!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Mmmm, bumping for later.

A crockpot recipe I really enjoy is just:

- Cubed root vegetables (sweet potato, squash, etc. I even buy pre-cut)
    - 4 chicken thighs, bone in
    - 1 onion, roughly chopped
    - 1 cup chicken broth
    - 1 cup apple juice or apple sauce (or use all chicken broth)
    - generous sprinkle of thyme or rosemary (or use a few sprigs of fresh)

Cook on low for about 7 hours. Nothing gimmicky or fancy, just plain, delicious, real food. :smile:
  • bluexiii
    bluexiii Posts: 36
    Options
    Totally digging this thread!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Pork & potatoes

4 pork chops (with or without bone)
    3 lg. potatoes peeled & cubed (yukon or baking)
    1 can corn
    1 onion cut up
    1 can cream of mushroom soup

Put potatoes, corn, & onion in crockpot. Sprinkle w/garlic powder & pepper to taste (or whatever seasonings you like. I don't like salt). Season both sides of pork chops w/garlic powder & pepper and layer them on top of potato mixture. Spread can cream of mushroom soup on top of pork. Cover & cook 7-8 hours. You don't need to add liquid because it will make it's own.

YUM!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I found that a can of chow mein vegetables have only 35 cals per serving. Put some shrimp or chichen strips in with it and eat it with some brown rice. Low Low calorie dinner!
  • TammieOwen
    Options
    Bump
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker:
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Make your life even easier and on some random Saturday or Sunday, buy a ton of chicken breasts. Put however many chicken breasts you normally need for a meal in a gallon size bag. Then you can go ahead and add all kinds of different things to the different bags. I do one where you add pineapple and nutmeg (jamaican) this is great to serve over rice. Any of the cream soups work. Italian dressing and grill seasoning is a good one. Anyway, any typical crockpot recipe and put all the ingredients in the bag and freeze. I usually write whats in there in Sharpie. Then in the morning all I have to do is pop it in the microwave on defrost for a miunte or two to loosen it from the bag and then throw it in the crockpot on low.

Ooo, like this idea!! I'm going to do this this week! I'll have meals all ready to go! Thanks!!