Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Found this in my runners world magazine...going to try it tomorrow.

:smile: Slow-Cooked Clam Chowder:smile:

1 onion diced
    2 celery stalks diced
    1 T olive oil

2 8 ounce cans of clams
    1 8 ounce bottle of Clam Juice
    2 t Garlic
    3 Russet potatoes cubed into bite size
    1 12 ounce can fat free evaporated milk

Saute the onions and celery in the olive oil. Transfer to slow cooker and add other ingredients except the milk
    Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low for 6 hours...during last hour add the mild. Season with salt and pepper

makes 4 servings
    385 calories
    56g Carbs
    28g Protein
    5g Fat
    36% DV Zinc

The article also mentions that the carb rich poratoes help protect immunce cells weakened by a hard run (study by ASU)

Seafood is high in zinc which studies show runners may not get enough of.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hello I just came across this web site and decided to join. I would like to share this Crockpot recipe that I' found online when i did the WeightWatcher program.

Ingredients
    1 lb chicken breast, uncooked, frozen, boneless, skinless
    1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup (feel free to use the cream of mushroom here instead)
    1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
    1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
    Directions
    1Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
    2Mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour it over the chicken.
    3Cover and cook on low for 7 hours

I love it:) Very yummy !

I just made this for dinner last night and am having the leftovers for lunch today! it was VERY yummy! thank you!

This sounds amazing... just bought some sour cream, so it might be dinner tomorrow.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried the Salsa Chicken and came home to find that it had burned. This was the first time I have used my crock pot as I got it for Christmas, is there something I am missing?
  • brittanyb00
    brittanyb00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I have the smaller-size crockpot, so I'm not sure I could fit all the ingredients in for some of the suggested dishes, but I have certainly gained a renewed interest in my slow cooker.

My favorite crockpot recipe was an experiment that turned out great, and is now a regular meal in our house.

We call it "Chinese Chicken":
    - 1 package of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 pieces)
    - 1 jar of dry garlic rib sauce (or honey garlic sauce)

Pour a bit of sauce on the bottom of the crockpot to coat, place all pieces of chicken in crockpot, pour the rest of the sauce over the meat. I leave mine on low for 8 hours, and if I am home, I will stir every few hours to prevent the tops of the chicken pieces from drying.

I serve with thai / jasmine rice. Or, if we're feeling super lazy, I'll pick up a package of chicken fried rice and a few egg rolls from the chinese food place on the way home from work.

Complementary side dishe suggestions: steamed broccoli, or apple slices (sounds strange, but a tart apple was a nice contrast).
  • aobrien82
    Options
    bump
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    White Chicken Chili (The best creamy chicken chili recipe I've found yet)

3-4 chicken breasts (appx. 1-1 1/2 lbs.)
    1 pkg. McCormick's White Chicken Chili seasoning
    1 can corn drained
    1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
    1 can Swanson Low-sodium chicken broth
    1 can diced green chiles
    2 cans white northern beans drained
    1/2 c. light sour cream

Pour broth, soup, chiles, & seasoning in crockpot & mix together. Put chicken breasts in sauce & top w/corn beans. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hrs (7 hrs gives best results). Break chicken breasts apart w/spoon, add sour cream & stir together. Enjoy =-D

This sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it. Have you ever figured the calorie count on it? I imagine it is pretty low cal, high protein, just wondering if you have already done the math?
  • aag1030
    aag1030 Posts: 25
    Options
    We made our Thanksgiving turkey in the crock pot... well, our Thanksgiving Turkey Breast. Here's what we did:

Layer celery (chopped), onion (chopped) & baby carrots (or chopped carrots) on the bottom
    Rubbed the turkey breast (it was about a 6-7 lb turkey) with some EVOO and a lil salt & pepper
    Poured broth (low sodium) over it all (I think I used about 1 1/2 cans and that ended up being too much - I had to baste some of it out later!)
    Cooked it on high for 7 hours then switched it up low until we ate :)

I tried this again later with pork chops & beef broth (to make gravy) and it was AMAZING!! The meat just fell apart!! I'm sure you could use a cream of mushroom or celery soup too instead of broth.

I love my crock pot - I'm not the greatest cook and it's hard to screw up dinner with my CP!! The only thing I lack is the planning to put it in before I go to work so I am DEF going to try freezing stuff in bags! Great idea!!! :bigsmile:
  • grrrlshapedthing
    Options
    here's my easy lentil curry soup(stew)

1/4 cup red lentils
    1/4 cup green lentils
    1/4 cup brown lentils
    2 chopped medium potatoes
    2 gloves gralic
    one can stewed tomatoes
    4 cups water

makes 6 servings of about 400ml in my 2.4L crock pot mix them all together and let cook all day

this is in the MFP database already as brooklynne's lentil curry soup(or something along those lines)
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options

1 can corn drained
    1 can diced green chiles
    1/2 c. light sour cream

Pour broth, soup, chiles, & seasoning in crockpot & mix together. Put chicken breasts in sauce & top w/corn beans. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hrs (7 hrs gives best results). Break chicken breasts apart w/spoon, add sour cream & stir together. Enjoy =-D

This sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it. Have you ever figured the calorie count on it? I imagine it is pretty low cal, high protein, just wondering if you have already done the math?

According to the recipe calculator on sparkrecipes.com, 1/6 of the recipe would be 299 calories per serving & 1/4 of the recipe would be 448 calories per serving (this would be a full bowl of the chili). Sorry, I'm not good at figuring out how much one cup would be. Hope this helps.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • angelhotrod45
    angelhotrod45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI I am going to give this a try, I like 3 or 4 ingredients simple to cook. Thanks Norma
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to try this recipe this week - sounds awesome!

1 can corn drained
    1 can diced green chiles
    1/2 c. light sour cream

• mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    It all sounds great. I am going to dig my crockpot out of the basement and put it back to work. Thanks.
    Mia.
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]368038.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shelmybelle
    Options
    I purchased a pressure cooker. You can throw frozen meats in there and they cook in less than 1/2 hour and it will fall off the bone. I've made BBQ pulled pork. Shredded beef for enchiladas. The recipes are endless.
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love the chicken breat covered with salsa in the crockpot! It makes great Chicken Burritos! I love crockpot reciepes.
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    Make sure you have enough salsa that the chicken is completely covered ( i use a whole jar!)... sometimes mine gets dark around the edge of the liquid but it still works out okay.

Hope this helps!