What do you say to keep going? What's your Mantra?

Options

Replies

• Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    If I gain weight, the terrorists win. :)

:laugh:

Exactly
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31--but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
    they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.

I don't literally walk around reciting it, but the imagery keeps me motivated. I wear a Sport ID with emergency medical info on it, and it's engraved on there too.

I also have the phrase "No Day But Today" tattooed on my left arm in Latin. It resonates with me too.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    "Keep goin', fatty."
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    In about a year, I'm turning 50. I keep asking myself, "How do I want to feel when I wake up on my 50th birthday?"

No one else really cares if I lose the weight or not, I mean they care and would be happy that I'm doing it, but really, I'm the only one I'm accountable to...everyone else will go on about their lives and the people who love me will still love me, etc.

But only I know whether or not I'm meeting my goals, and not letting myself down.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    "I have to be fit if I want to survive the apocalypse"
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    "no one ever regrets working out" but i DO regret not working out!

I also consider what Id be doing if I skipped the gym...the answer: absolutely nothing (sitting on my butt)
  • jenzsd
    jenzsd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now."
    This is a good one!

I also like the one I have on my profile, that I saw on a picture floating around the internet somewhere: "It doesn't get easier, you just get better."
  • Stagolee
    Stagolee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    'Been There, Done That' - during 75lb loss

Having never been fit before, anytime I had a chance to binge I would think I've tried that, but passing it up was new to me. It helped me to not feel deprived because I knew I had plenty experience of being out of control.

'Change your thoughts, Change your life"

A belief is just a thought you keep thinking.
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    "there is a skinny girl with a six pack just dying to get out of this fat persons body"
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    "I didn't put the weight on overnight, so it won't come off overnight" has been my mantra. I also imagine how it will feel to have a baby moving inside me and that usually keeps me motivated. In vitro fertilization will work better and I won't have as many health problems once I get healthy before I undergo the fertility treatment.
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I always tell myself I won't ever regret exercising or eating right but I will always regret not doing those things
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    "I have to be fit if I want to survive the apocalypse"

Hope that horse is a mustang so it will survive with you. Not sure the barn bred oat burners will make it after the zombies make it hard to get horse feed!

Actually, I don't know. Maybe some would make it on grass alone. Smaller breeds? Quarter horses?
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am a visual person so for me it is the picture I stuck on my fridge at eye level - one of me at my heaviest and when I found this picture I didn't recognize myself because I was so seriously overweight at that time. I wrote on it - DIANE, NEVER AGAIN COUNT CALORIES GO TO THE GYM in a silver sparkle pen. I see this picture every single time I walk in the kitchen and I know that I will never let myself look like that again.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I want to be a Fast Snack not a Heavy Meal
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    being fat is hard
    losing weight is hard
    pick your hard
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My mantra lately is..."Nothing tastes as good as I feel"...
    You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I can and I will. Watch me.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    everyday is a new challenge , and i accept that new challenge everyday!!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Isaiah 40:31--but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
    they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.

I don't literally walk around reciting it, but the imagery keeps me motivated. I wear a Sport ID with emergency medical info on it, and it's engraved on there too.

I also have the phrase "No Day But Today" tattooed on my left arm in Latin. It resonates with me too.

Love this!!! Mine: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13