How do you sleep?

Options

Replies

• junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You will adjust to life without it. You are just used to it now... but that being said I sleep with 3 fans... I have tinnitus which is a constant (and I mean constant) ringing in the ears. I also wear hearing aids so the fans help drown out the ringing at night....
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    gurl, riding on the gReyhound system across country i have learned to sleep settin up, with screaming babies! <3 headphones lol
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Very dark, very quite and very cold

Yep, me too.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Not very well :(
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Dark and usually with TV, music, or my favorite daily podcast:

http://dailyaudiobiblemedia.com/player/index.php
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I can only sleep when I'm very, very tired, regardless of any outside factors. My mother always had a radio on overnight, but I sleep no differently whether there's some background noise or not.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I used to fall asleep with the tv on and set the sleep timer but once I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) he had to have the tv on the whole night. Now I have to have the tv on in order to sleep!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Hubby can't sleep without the tv on i like it cold and dark as possible since every little thing wakes me up but i'm an insomniac so it sucks to be me!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have horrid sleep and require 9 hours. Blah. I have to have quiet and darkness. Though people speaking quietly lulls me.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    We have a fan that runs...so no I don't like it quiet...I like a little noise also.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I sleep best cuddled up to someone.... But now a days its a ton of blankets and pillows around me.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    We've been using a "white noise" app on our phones. It has different sounds like ocean, rain, thunderstorm, etc. It's helped considerably.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I put my tv on sleep mode tuned into something boring with even toned voices (nothing too loud and scream-y) that won't bother me trying to fall asleep. I've noticed the light has started to bother me. Therefor, I think a fan works best to block out outside noise (and cool you off now that it's summer). I get 5 hours of sleep on a good night woohoo.

Temperature wise, now that it is getting hot out I have to sleep with a foot peeking out from under the covers. Can't sleep without being covered, no matter how hot it is!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Although I don't need white noise to sleep, I now prefer it because the diabetes has caused me to develop permanent tinnitus and it can drive me crazy when there is no background sound. So I sleep with a small fan on in the bedroom.
  • I have to sleep with my fan on!.the noise puts me to sleep.one night my fan of 3 yrs just went out n the same thing happened to me,I woke up right away,it was at 3 in the morning n knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again so I did what any crazy woman would do,got up,got dressed n went to buy a new one at Wal-Mart! Yup,I think I have a problem.lol
  • Pettygirl
    Pettygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You're not alone... I have a spare fan in the box in case mine goes out!
    I like the noise of a fan plus feeling it on my face... light blanket ... body pillow... zzzzz... :smile:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I agree with the dark, quiet and cold people. That's why I love hotel rooms. You can close those heavy drapes, crank down the AC and be in pitch dark chilliness buried under the covers. I can't get it that dark at home. . . my blinds let in too much light from the landscaping and the street. And I notice that I now have way too many gadgets, each with its own tiny blue or green charger light winking.
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How do you sleep?

Blissfully.

Good night =)
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This was really fun to read. I don't feel as odd now. Lol

Its summer so I'm downstairs Which isn't as fun as upstairs - no tv but the bed is bigger. A/c on. Fan on. And feet have to be covered up or the cats will nibble on them. Pillows everywhere!
  • threedaysfromyou
    Options
    I prefer a dark, warmish room that's fairly quiet, with someone to snuggle, like my boyfriend or a cat. I usually wear earplugs and an eye mask, since my boyfriend can't fall asleep without the TV on. Plus, the pug dog snores.

When I sleep alone (BF and I don't always keep to the same hours), I sometimes use a white noise generator that sounds like rain, the ocean, or a bubbly aquarium.