How do you sleep?

Options

Replies

• Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am hard of hearing and can't hear when I turn off my hearing aids. I get perfect sleeeepppp :wink: One time, I tried to sleep with my hearing aids on, but couldn't! I don't know how you hearing people can fall asleep with the sound of breathing or ceiling fan :noway: It's too much for me :laugh:
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I need silence with a fan or white noise of some sort. A TV is to loud and a soft radio to distracting. As for light, pitch black! I am a pretty light sleeper so I have dark black curtains to take care of the morning light!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dark and quiet....My hubby snores, so I wear what I call "ear mittens"...really they are hearing protection, like what you would wear when shooting. I found some pink ones. :laugh: Have been sleeping in them for years.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i sleep to a radio with country music and a fan has to be hitting me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    VERY difficult to sleep without a fan running in the background. :yawn:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to have to sleep with music on. It helped distract my mind just enough that I was able to stop thinking and could fall asleep. When I met my husband, that changed. He can't sleep with anything but a fan on, so I had to train myself to quiet my thoughts myself (similar to meditating). Now I can sleep whether there is noise or not.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I dont like sound. if I can hear the tv (half the the time it is.) I get very annoyed with my dad. He states it isn't lould..

Doesn't matter! Dam tv is up against the wall that is my room!

It has to be dark with my fan.

Then if I don't have two pillows I can't sleep. If I don't have my stuffed rabbit it's hard to sleep.

yes, at 28...I have a stuffed rabbit.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I can sleep thru anything apart from my hubbys snoring. But I do like the room to be cool & pitch black.

Tho atm I'm having trouble sleeping thanks to torn ligaments in my foot. Every time I turn over I seem to catch my foot which wakes me up with an ouchy.:grumble:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I just turn on the fan.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I have to have a fan on beside me to sleep. Not sure if its because of the breeze or the sound anymore.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    i am a very sound sleeper and have slept through fire alarms, earthquakes and tornado sirens....i honestly cant stand when there is noise in the room when trying to fall asleep....but once i am out, im out.

My son is light that. In fact, one year we were camping in our pop-up camper and there was a wicked thunderstorm and the camper was hit by lightening. It hit the bar that went over his side of the camper pop-out bed - and he slept thru the whole thing (thank goodness it didn't hit him).
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Ceiling fan on , my left side, thinking about this hot blonde.
    I seen her in a thread asking about how do you sleep....lol

<--- Not sure if she should consider this a compliment or get a restraining order :laugh:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I need silence with a fan or white noise of some sort. A TV is to loud and a soft radio to distracting. As for light, pitch black! I am a pretty light sleeper so I have dark black curtains to take care of the morning light!
    ^^^exactly this!!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    i have to sleep with my dogs and I also have to have a fan going in my room No matter what season we have I always have to have a fan running or I cannot sleep at all.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Dark, cold, perfer a fan on.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dead silence. I don't care if it's bright or dark. I love that silence.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Generally I sleep with a fan and the white noise from my son's room (via baby monitor) . It's a video monitor, so that adds a little light too. I really need the noise to sleep.

I don't want to be touched while I sleep either.. I get extremely hot at night so I'm not a cuddler. Luckily, neither is my husband. We have a King size bed and once it's time to fall asleep, we roll to our respective sides of the bed.

However, if I'm alone in the house, I resort back to how I slept in my single days. TV on, volume way way down, with lots of pillows around me.. I have no idea why I do that.
  • OtekahSunshield
    OtekahSunshield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have to turn the TV on to something I WANT to watch. If it's something I'm not interested in, I can't fall asleep because my mind won't shut down. So normally (sleeping these last 5 days has been hell with the power out) I'll put on Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix and set the sleep timer to an hour. I'm usually out within 15 - 30 mins.

Now if only I can figure out how to sleep through my husband's god-awful sleep apnea snoring.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I could sleep on a park bench in the middle of a crowded mall...

yuppp me too. If I'm tired, I will sleep whenever, wherever, however.