What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I seem to eat the same things for breakfast every day (Quaker Oats, Weetabix etc) i'm wondering what everyone else has - help me out with some new ideas please I'm so bored of the same stuff every day :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    I eat late every night (just finished snacking) so I personally don't eat any breakfast. How more boring is that? First daily meal is around 1:00pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Typically I have 1 cup Special K Red Berries cereal, 1 Morningstar sausage patty, 2 scrambled eggs, and 1 cup light chocolate soy milk. Sometimes I'll sub a Baked Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal for the cereal and Morningstar bacon for the sausage.
  • Lam75
    Lam75 Posts: 72
    Options
    I love Belvita breakfast biscuits, especially the honey and nut ones. They are yummy and easy, just unwrap and nom nom. 4 biscuits is about 230 calories and they are quite filling, also have vitamins added, what's not to like?

I also eat fruit some days (mostly when I've run out of biscuits!) and cereal occasionally.
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with Bell peppers, tomatoes, onion and 1 tb cheese is my fave. Or Chobani and a piece of fruit. Or whole wheat toast and all-natural pb and some milk. Leftover "refried" (aka squished) beans in a whole wheat tortilla is very yummy for breakfast, too. Oh, and Turkey bacon is awesome if you eat meat.
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    plaintain baked banana (microwave) with tbs of peanut butter

oat meal with dry cherries or kiwi, green apple, bluberries ect.

sweet potato microwave baked

almond milk

fresh fruit

cherios add fresh fruit or dry fruit

scramble white eggs with onion, tomato,green bell pepper canola spray

boiled beans sprinckle some cacique cheese, wheat toat

vegetable omelet (whites) add your favorite veggies

sometimes wheat pancakes with ligth syrup and fresh fruit, canola spray

I alternate.
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own breakfast burrito's scramble up 1 whole egg and 1-2 egg whites, add 1/8 cup cheese of your choosing, drizzle a little taco sauce over the top wrap it up and nummy. Sometimes I'll add a piece of sausage as well.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I aim for protein at breakfast time, and I don't really like cereals. So I alternate between:

Eggs - scrambled, in the microwave, with mushrooms, cheese, ham, spinach, whatever I have to hand

Porridge - sometimes Bircher Muesli or overnight oats - soak the oats in fruit juice or water in the fridge overnight. Add some dried fruit at this stage if liked. In the morning grate an apple into it, add a blob of yoghurt, some nuts, seeds, drizzle of honey....

Toast: - I keep a loaf of good quality seeded bread in the freezer, and every few days I'll toast a slice straight from the freezer, and top with a smear of marmite and some cottage cheese, add a sprinkle of seeds. Or toast with peanut butter.

Greek yoghurt - with fruit, nuts, seeds, or made into a smoothie.

Smoked fish - salmon or mackerel.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    southwestern egg beaters with fat free american cheese and a sandwich thin toasted with heart smart butter :-)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    steak, grilled veggies, eggs (if i can find someone to cook them for me)

pastrami on a low carb pita is my favourite.

almond flour pancakes.

pecans, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    do you like eggs? get the little carton of egg beaters southwestern style. 3 tablespoons=1 egg. throw it in a bowl and microwave it or pan fry it, toss it into a whole wheat tortilla and run out the door! (add cheese if you like)

do you like smoothies? get a bag of frozen mixed fruit and some juice or milk, add a cup of each to your blender with a tablespoon of flax oil and a fresh banana. it'll keep you full for a long time and its portable!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning... 40grams oats one whole egg three egg whites, half a teaspoon cinnamon, quarter of a chopped apple all mixed up and cooked as a pancake in a teaspoon of coconut oil :)
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Omelette made with 2 eggs and seasoning, filled with 50g of rough chopped bacon or 2 soft boiled eggs with crackers. Yum scrum in my tum.
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Either a homemade smoothie (Chobani Strawberry Yogurt, Crystal Light Lemonade, strawberries, pineapple, and ice), a Chobani yogurt, or weirdly enough, pasta with olive oil and crushed red peppers.
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    Lately, my breakfasts have been either a cup of kix cereal with a cup of non fat milk, or 3/4 cup of fiber one cereal with a cup of milk. Sometimes, I'll cook a couple eggs (scrambled or over easy) with 2 slices of Jennie-O lean turkey bacon slices (20 calories per slice) with one tortilla.
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    Wow - thank you for loads of ideas :) this morning i had egg scrambled in the microwave and a slice of toast and a glass of milk :) I've never tried a smoothie, do i just whack it all in the blender and hope for the best?

Belvita are on offer in my local Co-Op store (I am in the UK) so I may get some to try today

Thank you again, theres loads of different things in there for me to try
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
    Flax seed multi grain cereal
    Activia light yogurt
    Fresh fruit
    Plain oatmeal
    Ezek. Bread toast
    Organic non add. peanut butter or almond butter
    Frozen banana
    Boca burger
    Egg whites
    Fresh home made salsa
    Low carb Tortilla
    Soy sausage

I chose from all these things. Basics I guess. I work thirds so I wake up around 5pm and work out and eat 'Breakfast' between 7-8pm so it can all depend lol Sometimes I have dinner with my hubby for breakfast :)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Typical is 2 scrambled or fried eggs and some egg whites and a teaspoon of organic coconut butter, a veggie with it like spinach thrown in or stir-fried organic zucchini, some salsa thrown in for flavor. That's pretty typical for me.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Frozen Mixed berry, banana, coconut milk and flax seed smoothie with weetabix.

Or a smoothie with frozen mixed berries, banana, chocolate protein powder, flax seed, porridge and groovy nectar.

Oat pancakes (recipe on bodybuilder site)

Omlette with cottage cheese and spinach.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    paaaaaancakes~

...when i can manage it. XD

i don't really like cereal or toast, but sometimes i can handle weetbix.

eggs, boiled. yum.

helga's sandwich thin, vegemite, cheese and fried egg. omg.

whey - pb - lsa - psyllium husk protein balls.
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Work days = protein shake. (In blender: 1C unsweetened coconut milk, 1 scoop Now Sports 100% whey protein powder (unflavored, no additives), 1T chia seeds, 1T stevia in the raw, dash of cinnamon, 5 frozen strawberries.) You can mix up the fruit to change things up. i sometimes use peaches, pineapple, raspberries/blueberries, banana + 1T hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder, etc.

Non-work days = 3 egg omelet w/sauteed veggies. Whatever is in the fridge; peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. Sometimes I'll add in chicken sausage. And a sprinkle of cheese with salt & pepper. Yummo!