What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have a winter breakfast and a summer breakfast - at the moment it is winter here so I have:
    porridge made with:
    40g oats
    7g ground linseed
    cinnamon
    Then I put frozen blueberries and skim milk on top - Yummo!!

In summer I have pretty much exactly the same but eat it raw, sometimes I switch the blueberries for raisins as they tend to freeze the milk!
  • 70moretogo
    70moretogo Posts: 25
    Options
    I usually have three egg whites cooked with one tablespoon of bacon bits and two mushrooms. Use a nonstick pan instead of cooking sprays or oil. Serve with sliced green onions, a quarter of an avocado, a tablespoon of salsa, a tablespoon of light sour cream on top. It is great. It is filling and healthy. :happy:
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i eat Kashi
    or drink a shake
    and sometimes i like scrambled eggs
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE Hungry Girl Egg Mugs! So easy and delicious.. Egg whites add veggies and cheese and microwave till done and enjoy!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I usually have 6 tbs of egg whites on wheat toast.

I also sometimes have 2 eggos with I can't believe it's not butter, a bowl of cherries with silk soy milk, or apple cinnamon belches cookies
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg, yoghurt with flax seed and 10 almonds, 20g protein shake with flax seed and coconut milk.

All 200 calories or less with protein to keep me away from hunger for the morning.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Wow - thank you for loads of ideas :) this morning i had egg scrambled in the microwave and a slice of toast and a glass of milk :) I've never tried a smoothie, do i just whack it all in the blender and hope for the best?

Belvita are on offer in my local Co-Op store (I am in the UK) so I may get some to try today

Thank you again, theres loads of different things in there for me to try

Hi Tika

In answer to your question, yes just whack it in the blender, you would be surprised what combinations work. I find currently with the prices in our supermarkets, buy fresh fruit and portion it then freeze, this gives you the freedom on what fruit you have. I use melon, kiwi fruit, pinapple as a base then add low fat yoghurt. If I am going to the gym after it then I add peanut better and a carb suppliment to help the workout.

Andy
  • flossieflo
    flossieflo Posts: 13
    Options
    fresh fruit and low fat greek yogurt thats around 3 of my 5 a day
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Typically I have 1 cup Special K Red Berries cereal, 1 Morningstar sausage patty, 2 scrambled eggs, and 1 cup light chocolate soy milk. Sometimes I'll sub a Baked Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal for the cereal and Morningstar bacon for the sausage.

That sounds amazing! How many calories approx?
  • Franticantics
    Options
    I have a banana and raspberry omelette with 2 eggs, or 2 bananas mashed with coconut milk and egg whites.
    If I've been to a wholefoods, then I'll have coconut milk yogurt and an apple with hazelnut butter on it.
    I love breakfast!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    <---- today's breakfast

High fibre and high protein chocolate truffles :)

125g each of cocoa and ground almonds in a bowl.
    Blend one tin rinsed red kidney beans, 125g dried prunes and 300 ml juice.
    Mix the two together.
    Form into balls.
    Melt chocolate.
    Roll in chocolate.
    Allow to chill over night.

Makes 24 at about 120 calories a piece :)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    -oatmeal mixed with protein powder, 1/2 cup of berries
    -whole grain cereal with almond milk
    -protein shake (1 scoop vanilla protein powder, yogurt, berries, almond milk -or- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, almond milk, -1tbs peanut butter, 1/2 banana)
    -egg white/veggie omelet
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I usually have 6 tbs of egg whites on wheat toast.

I'm so tired that I totally read this as 6 LBS of egg whites. lol I was like, "Daaaamn, this girl loves her breakfast!"
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Typically I have 1 cup Special K Red Berries cereal, 1 Morningstar sausage patty, 2 scrambled eggs, and 1 cup light chocolate soy milk. Sometimes I'll sub a Baked Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal for the cereal and Morningstar bacon for the sausage.

That sounds amazing! How many calories approx?

Right around 400 or so typically. :o)
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Two boiled eggs & 1c vanilla yogurt with granola & fresh diced strawberries.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    black pudding deep fried double beer battered haggis and mars bars dipped in bread crumbs and microwaved in goose fat. tomato juice grey goose vodka tom and jerrys double mocha chocca lotta rocky road double cream ice cream peanut brittle daime bars in custard olives immersed in olive oil and chilli garnish jam roly poly spotted ****s cream custard brulee M+M's the sweet not the pop star treacle on rye fish chips (fries for you cousins) oysters over benedict (he didn't like it much) hair bear care hare yoghurt in hazlenut parfait fricassed squirrel in cream horn shoe pastry rabbit welsh rare not well done pudding mix before its stirred jambolaya crawfish pie filligumbo haddock on ryvita cavier on a stick in the full light of the moon (only) icing marzipan sugar elves mashed banana in dipping sauce coconut potatoes in white raddish horse dip frangelico in strange mustard topped off with gerbil toast hornets *kitten* in stinging nettle scotch broth rainbow trout covered in blow fish effleunce a perculiar frog telling pork pies about water buffalo hare (not hartley) in yorkshire pudding batter melted over a lightly fondued cheese welt more than enough of pepsi in a jug filled with horse chestnut cabbage otter snot mole fuel weasel bacon in streaky potted beef the cream of some young guy pizza paste in wasted venison soup shop bought cornish pasties in filo pastry only not short crust or flaky pastry without ham hock but with considerable diced vegetables lice rice angel dust sherbet clotted moron chinese dumpling crown indian tikka boat with pakora sails and bhaji hull warpped in cucumber riata dipping pond worcestershire glazed elk in butter ball heaven japanese lychee jelly (jello) and canopes of raliway soot......................................................and finally

NEGATIVE GRAVY

Thats it for today but it could all change tomorrow

Total calories 37
  • lizw123
    lizw123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat two slices of toasted white bread with Anchor spreadable butter (not too much though) and either a scraping of Bovril or jam on it, with a mug of tea, semi skimmed milk, no sugar. I only like a scraping of jam and rarely eat it at all. It used to be peanut butter but I hardly ever eat that anymore.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats with a scoop of PB on top. Mix with water. Nuke for minute and a half.
    Sometimes I will make a eggbeater egg wrap with red bell peppers and spinach
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    jam

Its JELLO baby JELLY not Jam thats for your front door to keep it open

Have a nice day baby
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    Plain fat-free greek yogurt with 1 tsp agave syrup, sliced almonds and berries.