What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• maryhm1
    maryhm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I don't like traditional breakfast foods, so I always save a little dinner for breakfast the next morning. This morning was spaghetti squash with a lean ground beef, tomato, feta, mushroom, and olive mix topping! Dinner for breakfast is easy (because I just have to heat it up!) and has lots of protein to keep me nice and full.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Protein "fast" day today, i.e. trying for almost all protein to get my eating under control :(

so today I had a protein shake at 6AM, scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese at 830AM and I'll have one more protein shake at 11AM.

I often have a protein shake in the car on my way to work and then a small "breakfast" at about 8AM like an english muffin or a breakfast burrito or bowl of oatmeal once I get to work and get settled for the morning.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'll generally nibble some fruit. I like to eat late, so this just kind of gets my brain going and stops my stomach from demanding things. I keep everything low cal until dinner.
  • Anonymou5
    Anonymou5 Posts: 92
    Options
    I was having:

Oatmeal 75g's with water
    One scoop protein powder
    Tablespoon of raisins

But now:

Bagel
    1tbsp Honey
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My breakfast "varies" but my favorite (which seems to give me the best fulfillment and results) is oatmeal, egg whites (i do one whole egg and most times 2 egg whites), and coffee.
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    I have a homemade breakfast sandwich for 220 Calories! It's 1/2 C Egg Beaters (60), 1 Slice of FF Amer Cheese (30), and 1 Turkey Sausage Pattie (50) all on a high fiber, whole wheat english muffin (80)! I make them a few at a time and wrap them up for the days ahead!
  • kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, I sound so boring. I have a Chobani and coffee pretty much every morning.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i have to eat something sweet for breakfast, i don't like eggs in the morning. In the winter i used to make hot oatmeal with milk, cinnamon and bananas but lately i'm crazy about cereal with cold milk.
    when i'm in serbia, we eat bread,cream cheese and yoghurt for breakfast all the time.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 2 Belvita yoghurt biscuits and a raspberry and cranberry muller light yoghurt. Tomorrow, I shall be having eggs...probs poached on wholemeal toast :-))
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I switch up my breakfasts. Today it was bacon & eggs. Sometimes it's a banana with peanut butter. Sometimes a granola bar or granola cereal. Sometimes muffins or pancakes. I just make sure I eat something, but it's never the same old thing. :smile:
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    depends on how lazy i am in the morning. if i'm really lazy, i'll do a bowl of cereal (my favorite right now is Honey Chex). if i'm a little more energetic, I'll do scramble egg whites with some OJ or oatmeal. and then if i'm extremely energetic, i'll do whole wheat french toast (with egg whites instead of whole eggs) with banana :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal-better oats are awesome! and coffee
    Greek yogurt, fruit, coffee
    Cottage cheese , fruit, coffee
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love Belvita breakfast biscuits, especially the honey and nut ones. They are yummy and easy, just unwrap and nom nom. 4 biscuits is about 230 calories and they are quite filling, also have vitamins added, what's not to like?

I also eat fruit some days (mostly when I've run out of biscuits!) and cereal occasionally.
    Me too!!! Only i love the Blueberry the most!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring haha.
    Toast, Fruit, Cereal, Yogurt- pick two. I'm a light eater in the morning!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Vita muffing (Vita Top) with peanut butter is easy and can eat on my way to work. Sometimes I will eat an egg on toast or have a protein shake.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    During the work week I usually skip breakfast and just have a cup of almond milk and then my coffee at work.

On weekends I have an egg, a serving of bacon or sausage, and fruit.
  • mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a hard time eating breakfast consistently during the work week, even though I know I should. When I do, it is typically Quaker Lower Sugar oatmeal or Cream of Wheat.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This morning I had time on my hands so I cooked ground turkey, drained, then set it aside. In same pan I sauted minced garlic clove, diced fresh tomato and chopped spinach. Cooked scrambled egg whites and then tossed everything together with the ground turkey to heat through. Sprinkle a little salt/pepper and delicious! I saved the other half for my lunch today. Got my protein, carbs and veggies all in one meal!

If I am in a hurry I will blend in my Magic Bullet 1 scoop whey protein powder (flavour of your choice) 1/3 cup dry oats, 1/2 a banana, tbsp flax seed, 1 tbsp of natural almond butter, and i cup of almond milk. You can use whatever milk you prefer, almond, rice, soy, cow's milk, its all good. Blend and enjoy!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    While I prefer blondes....wait, what.....

oh food. The normal breakfast stuff you find out there. Eggs, Bacon, toast, coffee, Waffles, chili, leftovers, whatever I have.
  • pjortiz54
    pjortiz54 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a Blueberry Blast Vi-shake and it is super delicious!