Anderson Cooper's gay: Am I the only how doesn't give a damn

Options
zyrover
zyrover Posts: 16
Why is everyone making such a big deal about Anderson Cooper 'coming out' about being gay? I could care less. He's gay, good for him. Why is this even in the news? People in this country are too concerned about sexual orientation and sexual preference. Live and let live.

Replies

• Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I thought it was pretty obvious..I didn't need him to declare it to gain awareness.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You cared enough to post about it.

It is important because there is still a lot of hatred, discrimination, and violence against gay people. When that's a thing of the past, celebrities won't need to come out.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Dunno why anybody cares. There are a lot more interesting/important news items out there.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    i wonder if i could change him :)

what? he's cute.

anyways, it goes beyond sad that we as a people are concerned about what happens in other people's lives that dont concern them.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    um i had heard him say he had a partner a few years ago not a big deal. i do think he is a good role model though.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

It is important because there is still a lot of hatred, discrimination, and violence against gay people. When that's a thing of the past, celebrities won't need to come out.

Ding Ding Ding! :drinker:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Um, I think it was pretty obvious.

Who cares? I still love his show.

Why people care who people date/sleep with is beyond me??
  • zyrover
    zyrover Posts: 16
    Options

I posted it to get other people's input. I don't care who's gay and who's not. I find it sad that people make such a big deal out of someone's sexual orientation or preference. Who Anderson Cooper sleeps or has sex with is his business, not mine. I also find it sad that anyone would try to physically hurt someone who is gay.
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    honestly, I was a little sad. He is so hot to me!! Well another one bites the dust.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't care either. "Coming Out" isn't a big deal to me, and I feel that it is something that should be respected and lauded among friends and family. However, sensationalizing it like we do in the United States seems to cheapen it and make it seem like little more than attention wh0ring. In either case, congrats to him (I guess?) and he will continue to spend his millions from the Vanderbilt fortune and the money he makes himself at his discretion, lol!
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    who?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Are you kidding me? The guy will probably write another book about it and make millions of dollars. That's why "celebrities" come out.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I thought he came out years ago...this is news? Don't mean to offend anyone but Andreson you're Gay, so what. I'm thrilled. Big deal.:indifferent: I don't know about anyone else on here, but I think the shock value about being Gay is over and done:yawn: . Anderson, you came out too late, nobody cares now.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Everyone gives too much of a ---- about business that is not theirs. I agree with you, who cares.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Are you kidding me? The guy will probably write another book about it and make millions of dollars. That's why "celebrities" come out.

You obviously have no clue. They come out for the same reason why those who have had cancer etc talk about it. It's to raise awareness. If people see that even celebrities are gay, have illnesses, etc it allows "regular" people to relate and be more aware. I can't remember the last person who wrote a book solely on their sexuality and made a bunch of money off it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I didn't like him when he was straight either.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    How much less could you care? I hope your goal of caring less is met soon . I look forward to not seeing more threads about this once you can't care less.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Better question: Why are so many people giving a damn about Anderson Cooper?

--P
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options

You obviously have no clue. They come out for the same reason why those who have had cancer etc talk about it. It's to raise awareness. If people see that even celebrities are gay, have illnesses, etc it allows "regular" people to relate and be more aware. I can't remember the last person who wrote a book solely on their sexuality and made a bunch of money off it.

No, he does have a clue. Awareness is everywhere. Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, and countless others have come out and brought their sexuality in the spotlight. Who is still in the dark about it? Where is it being hidden and suppressed in the U.S. flagrantly and purposefully? I can't think of anywhere. It's all over the place like heterosexuality so the point being made is whether or not, as it relates to celebrities, it has reached a point of societal saturation yet. The Op and me lean towards thinking it has but that's not going to make or break us, the parties involved, or the cause in an of itself.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Nope you're not alone. His sexuality does not affect my pay check or my bills ergo. Me no care!!! But yah for him i guess