My friend wants me to eat cake

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Practice moderation instead of deprivation.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Never eat to make someone else feel better. Food isn't about someone else. A generous host values her guest's feelings and needs and will try to provide appropriate choices. But they are that. Choices. And the choice to be made is yours for your needs.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    If u dont want cake then dont have any, my mates are the same, but dont feel bad, you like it but maybe u just dont want it...its no problem. xx
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Do what makes you comfortable but having a piece of cake every once in a while is not going to ruin your progress.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Tell her to wrap you a piece to go. That way you can eat it when you have extra calories or take a nibble and throw it out and tell her how wonderful it was!

This. A perfect solution. Say you've already eaten a big meal and you're really not hungry, but that it would be perfect with your morning coffee tomorrow. If you can fit it in then great, if you can't I'm sure a family member or colleague would appreciate it. Good Luck x
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    You can always just "get full" from dinner and just eat a little piece to try it.
    You can also work out a little harder to earn a bigger piece.
    Or she could say no politely instead of going through all this crap. She doesn't want it, stop it.

Thank you ! my friend makes me feel guilty by saying oh maybe i shouldnt have a piece then if your not having one .

I dont want to eat it. I just shouldnt be made to feel guilty about my lifestyle choice.

Then maybe she's not such a good friend? A true friend will be supportive of your reasonable healthy goals for yourself.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Take the cake, then dump the plate on the floor.
    Say you don't want to eat it now because its floor cake, and your not a dog.

you don't eat it, and your friend's feelings don't get hurt. Dog gets cake.

home_thumbsup.jpg

tumblr_lo35642Zjr1qhq8zho1_500.gif
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member

Then maybe she's not such a good friend? A true friend will be supportive of your reasonable healthy goals for yourself.

Or she might just be insecure and not thinking of the effect she is having on Louise, who is doing so strong that she can turn down cake. It might not even occur to her friend that this is hard on her too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    well i have no time to work out today so i cant fit it into my calories and to be honest i dont want to eat it .. im happy with my greek yoghurt . I just dont like the fact that i almost feel like i should eat it to make her feel better ....

If you don't want it, don't eat it. You're under no obligation to eat her food to appease her. Good friends will understand that.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Just be honest with your friend. Tell her you don't want to eat the cake, but thanks for the thought. Never eat to make someone else feel better. If YOU want it, work it into your calories. If you don't, don't eat it.
  • Brighteyes9
    Brighteyes9 Posts: 8 Member
    Don't feel guilted into eating the cake. A co-worker brought in cupcakes for the office staff. I thanked her for her thoughtfulness and politely declined - as did many others. The cupcake baker took offense declaring she's not ever bringing any baked goods in if it's not appreciated. I chalked her drama up to her own low self esteem. I did not feel guilty for not making room in my daily food plan just so she can feel good about herself.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    If you plan for the fruit cake and are still under calories and fit it into macros, then how is it being bad?
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    If you don't want the cake, don't eat it. If it's about staying strict with your calories, this might help...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172515-frantic-about-adhering-to-the-right-calorie-intake-read-t
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    NO!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    So many replys I didn't read them. Unless your fighting sugar addiction and cutting out sugar you could taste it. Or not. At any rate, fruit cake freezes perfectly. So you could take it home and call your friend when you do eat it and let them know how very good it is when you are ready to eat it. If not, aim for a certain place in the garbage and tell them it really hit the spot. A friend will understand what you got going on. And friends are way more important then fruit cake.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    tell her you are allergic to carbs and if you eat them you will break out in fat.

but seriously, don't eat cake if you don't want to. If you are content with what you have and don't feel deprived, then don't eat it!! Sometimes a small treat can trigger a binge if that treat is one of your trigger foods.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    You've been a member here for over two years. You are very close to your goal. I think you know how to answer that for yourself. Your friend probably knows the journey you are on, but even if she doesn't, you know that a smallish slice won't set you back. Find the balance between the kindness your friend is giving you and your lifestyle. Does your lifestyle prohibit cake? I hope not because homemade goodness is just that, goodness.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    tell her you are allergic to carbs and if you eat them you will break out in fat.

but seriously, don't eat cake if you don't want to. If you are content with what you have and don't feel deprived, then don't eat it!! Sometimes a small treat can trigger a binge if that treat is one of your trigger foods.

Don't lie about an allegy! It's not believable nor is it respectful of your friend. If you prefer not to have the cake, be forthright. If, on balance, a small piece will make her happy, allow you to taste her homemade cake and let you not feel you're depriving yourself, then thoroughly enjoy that smal piece.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Eat your meal and when it comes to cake time just say a small portion or take a piece home as you are really full.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    You can always just "get full" from dinner and just eat a little piece to try it.
    You can also work out a little harder to earn a bigger piece.
    Or she could say no politely instead of going through all this crap. She doesn't want it, stop it.

Thank you ! my friend makes me feel guilty by saying oh maybe i shouldnt have a piece then if your not having one .

I dont want to eat it. I just shouldnt be made to feel guilty about my lifestyle choice
    Why would you feel guilty if she says she won't have a piece if you don't?? That sounds like she's being supportive. Now, I don't know you and your friend, and I can't presume what's in either of your minds, but I think YOU are the one who's making herself guilty, IMO.