Water has calories and its all a scam?

Options

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    youre the same girl who wants to go on a 1000 calorie diet.

i dont think i am going to take advice/information seriously from you though lol.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    :bigsm
    Wouldn't burning the h2 and o2 heat up the water required to count calories, showing water has calories?
    Prove me wrong

Surely then it would have minus calories? But it's not feasable, as we don't break water into it's components in our bodies.....unless I went somewhere VERY wrong in my biology training....

And incidentally, water is not h2o2 ;)

:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry -- I am not trying to be mean, but what is going on with this profile? You're 35 then you're 20 -- then you're a psychologist. You had a post that got booted yesterday because you were seeking advice about eating only 1,000 calories - now this. By your logic:

My dog says you be trollin'.

My neighbor George says you be trollin'.

My cousin Hedi says you be trollin'.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I now feel dumber after opening this...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    This whole post just goes right over my head. **** chemistry. I'll be leaving now.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You know, while water is a source of energy the body can't really break it down further than what it already is so it's unable to use it. It may in that respect have calories but since we are unable to use it we don't aknowledge that it contains calories.

We still need water to run all of our body systems in order to utlilize other calories, though. But the notion of water making you fat or having calories that your body can thrive on is nonsense. If that were true you could sustain in the dessert with only water indefinately and the reality is that you cannot.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    22953331.jpg
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not my words but the words of others. pretty good arguments on both sides aswell peeps.

Actually, they are terrible arguments, as they provide no factual basis for these statements which are clearly pulled out of their *kitten*.

This.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    You know, while water is a source of energy the body can't really break it down further than what it already is so it's unable to use it. It may in that respect have calories but since we are unable to use it we don't aknowledge that it contains calories.

We still need water to run all of our body systems in order to utlilize other calories, though. But the notion of water making you fat or having calories that your body can thrive on is nonsense. If that were true you could sustain in the dessert with only water indefinately and the reality is that you cannot.

This
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Proving you wrong. It is H2O , single oxygen therefore you formula is wrong. Second if everyone drank only 48oz. ,which is six cups, of water each day, your caloric intake could be as high as 720 calories a day. Since we have not been counting it as calories we would be in excess of 5000 cal per week for water alone. We should all be gaining another lb. and half unless we burn another 5000 cal in exercise. Does this make sense? there is such a thing as deductive reasoning also. It is not reasonable to come to your conclusion. One of the first proofs in elementary math is does your answer sound reasonable? This does not.:noway:
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Proving you wrong. It is H2O , single oxygen therefore you formula is wrong. Second if everyone drank only 48oz. ,which is six cups, of water each day, your caloric intake could be as high as 720 calories a day. Since we have not been counting it as calories we would be in excess of 5000 cal per week for water alone. We should all be gaining another lb. and half unless we burn another 5000 cal in exercise. Does this make sense? there is such a thing as deductive reasoning also. It is not reasonable to come to your conclusion. One of the first proofs in elementary math is does your answer sound reasonable? This does not.:noway:

Bam!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Besides H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide :flowerforyou:

ill-have-some-h2o-too.jpg
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    First off calories have to do with the ability of your body to metabolize the thing you eat. Really weird example but if you ate only paper, you wouldn't get fat because paper has no nutrients and thus no calories. In chemistry I am sure the process of burning paper has chemistry based calories but it is completely different. Thus water, tap or not, doesn't have calories. The impurities in the tap water also can't be metabolized and thus can't make you fat. Trust me if water had calories some commercial somewhere would have advertised that their water truly has zero calories.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    And it's also true that water is the perfect replacement for gasoline! Just fill your tanks with water and burn it instead! Works great, I do it all the time! :laugh:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    And it's also true that water is the perfect replacement for gasoline! Just fill your tanks with water and burn it instead! Works great, I do it all the time! :laugh:

You know - sugar has even more calories, so wouldn't sugar water be an even BETTER replacement?

Just sayin'...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    youre the same girl who wants to go on a 1000 calorie diet.

i dont think i am going to take advice/information seriously from you though lol.

excellent, i wasnt giving any advice or information coming from my own self. Good to see you can leave a relevant comment though :)
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options

notice i didnt made the "prove me wrong comment"
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Besides H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide :flowerforyou:

ill-have-some-h2o-too.jpg

Hysterical. Took me a minute but hysterical :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options

Bam!
    Observational empirical evidence only. The water has been providing all the calories, but it turns out cheese, chocolate and beer have no calories.
This discussion has been closed.