MD1Girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Besides H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide :flowerforyou:

ill-have-some-h2o-too.jpg

I literally laughed out loud, thanks! :laugh:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    But its hard not to question things when they come from top fitness addicts plus physiologists!

Here is just some of the comments made by top bodybuilders:

Paul says:
    In Physical Chemistry (the course) water is considered to have calories (srs)
    I know you seen the title and got so angry, thinking, i dont even want to click this the dumb *****

ONE MAN SAYS :"Distilled water doesn't have calories. The water in your tap most likely does."
    OTHER MAN SAYS : Tap water has approximately 120 calories per serving

Bob says :
    Couldn't you use electrolysis to break up water into hydrogen and oxygen?

2H20 --> 2H2 + 02?

Wouldn't burning the h2 and o2 heat up the water required to count calories, showing water has calories?
    Prove me wrong

What are the lsat 3 words in your thread? PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    This is fun. Not often I get to get my REAL science geek on! :glasses:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I may be getting this wrong but the original post did not state h202 (peroxide), but 2H20 (as in 2 molecules of H20)

was it edited?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite part of this is that these "top fitness addicts" (please note the word ADDICT) "plus physiologists" are apparently so famous, we should all know them by their names

Paul
    ONE MAN
    OTHER MAN
    Bob
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The concept of calories in Chemistry has a different meaning from calories in food.

Calories in Chemistry is a measure of energy and heat - and anything, water included, that is not at ABSOLUTE ZERO, contains calories.

Calories in FOOD is a measure of how much energy you absorb from the food that's eaten.

(Incidentally, one FOOD calorie is actually 1,000 CHEMISTRY calories. Interesting, eh?)

If anything, if you drink water and it is COLDER than your body temperature, then upon entering your stomach, the water will absorb heat - and energy - from your body. Presumably your body will have to then make up that amount of energy, and you will end up "burning" that many calories as a result.

The idea that water has 'calories' is true - with respect to chemistry and physics - but actual food-type calories that it's going to impart unto your body and get turned into fat? Nah.

QFT
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thank God, I really wanted to switch back to beer and now I have a reason. Don't want to get a water gut.
    LOVE THIS!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

perfect explanation
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have a headache
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thank God, I really wanted to switch back to beer and now I have a reason. Don't want to get a water gut.

WIN
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    This is the difference between calories and kcalories. The former are a unit of measurement in science, the latter in food; it takes 1000 calories to make one kcal/food calorie. If water has 120 calories a serving and you drink 10 glasses of water a day, You are getting the equivalent of 1.2kcal a day - or 1.2 food calories. For the purposes of weight gain/loss? Beyond negligible, lol - mismeasure you food and you'll get way more than 1.2 extra food calories lol.

And that's assumign the figure of 120 calories is correct, which I have no way to know.

ETA: I type too slowly, someone already pointed out the kcal v cal thing. I bow to thee, good sir.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Somebody ****ing kill me!!!!!

Fight_Club_by_iceman5008.gif
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    yes water has calories... so does air, and um.... the walls you live in...
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    I think my favorite part of this is that these "top fitness addicts" (please note the word ADDICT) "plus physiologists" are apparently so famous, we should all know them by their names

Paul
    ONE MAN
    OTHER MAN
    Bob

i did have their names in front of me when quoting them but decided to simplify it
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    And it's also true that water is the perfect replacement for gasoline! Just fill your tanks with water and burn it instead! Works great, I do it all the time! :laugh:

You know - sugar has even more calories, so wouldn't sugar water be an even BETTER replacement?

Just sayin'...

Oooh! I think you're on to something! I'll go give this a try and report back. I'll bet my gas mileage will increase at least 20%!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    So, if water has 120 cals, I'm just drinking wine from now on. At least I'll get a buzz all day long.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Water has zero calorific value which the human body can extract and make use of. Also if the water is below the temperature of the human body, it will require energy to be burned to warm it up within the body and thus would be a negative calorific input to the body.

This is actually a good point. If you were working out (say cycling or running) and the temperature outside was very cold (below freezing, for example), you would need to take in more calories than you normally would, simply because you need to use up calories to heat up the liquid you're drinking, before your body can use it.
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have calories but it has impurities and sodium in it. Tap water is called "Hard water" for a reason. Drinking distilled is good for yuo sometimes as it's completely PURE but you would have to replace lost sodium. So I drink both. I love distilled water. Now if your pipes in your city are not good pipes stick to bottled water or you can boil tap water and let it cool. When I drink distilled water I just put a sprinkle of salt in it. You can't taste it and sodium helps your body to keep some water. Do not overload yourself on sodium or you can cause swelling in legs, feet, etc. If all else fails drink gatorade or powerade. (:
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    Ah ha! So its water thats responsible for these extra pounds. No more water for me. Bring on the chips!!! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.