Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I am doing this same thing this week. I am only going to be able to work out 5 days this week not 6, so i am going to skip cardio recovery. I know its in there for a reason, but if I have to skip a workout that's the one I want to skip!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump so I have the link to the new thread
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I need some help from those of you that have been at this for a while. I'm only on week 1 and just completed day 4 -- Cardio Recovery and I didn't enjoy the workout and it is a let down from the others; if that makes any sense at all. I'll be going back to work in about 2 weeks (school teacher) and I'm thinking about flip-flopping the Wednesday and Thursday workouts and doing my own things on Wednesdays rather than Cardio Recovery. Wednesdays are long day for me -- I leave for work at 7AM and we go straight to church after school so we don't usually get home until about 8PM, but I can get up earlier enough on Wednesdays to do some treadmill work rather than the Cardio Recovery.

What are your thoughts on skipping the "recovery" day?

Thanks for your help.

I know what you mean about it being a 'let down' i was thinking that half way through BUT it is sooo good for killing soreness and also I feel unless you're used to working out at such a high intensity you kinda need that recovery day. Just my thoughts i've only been doing Insanity for a week so maybe someone further along in their journey will chime in
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I also just finished cardio recovery and found it very easy, I had no problem keeping up with video today, I will just do something else today to round it out like bike riding. I look very forward to getting my butt kicked tomorrow.
  • angiek681
    angiek681 Posts: 5
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • aspringer210
    Options
    On my first round of Insanity, I did the recovery days. On the next 2 rounds I skipped them and did something else, like jogging.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    confession time.:embarassed: I havent even started Insanity!! I just havent been having enough energy. I work at a daycare From 9 to 6. And when I get home all I wanna do is sit and watch tv/computer. I keep saying tmrw tmrw thmrw. But it never happens. Any advice? I tried the am workouts and I just dont have any strength I am so tired. I know I just need to get off my butt and do something!!!
  • adjoa84
    Options
    confession time.:embarassed: I havent even started Insanity!! I just havent been having enough energy. I work at a daycare From 9 to 6. And when I get home all I wanna do is sit and watch tv/computer. I keep saying tmrw tmrw thmrw. But it never happens. Any advice? I tried the am workouts and I just dont have any strength I am so tired. I know I just need to get off my butt and do something!!!

A workout buddy? Can you rope any of your friends in? We're all here obviously but sometimes you do need someone physically there to help you get started. I started working out at a friends house for motivation and then we dropped down to just a 'prompt' call. Motivation does vary however so maybe you're having an off week? How about starting on a weekend when you're not working (hopefully)?
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Day 6 complete! Day 7 tomorrow (Friday) is gonna be my 'rest' day but i'm actually going to an outdoor circuit class lol I'm going to take it easy though and either pick up Day 8 on saturday or sunday if I need a proper rest day! Keeping digging ill hopefully post some week 1 results on my return! Keep it up ladies!

And thanks for all the awesome support and motivation so far! AMAZING!!!
  • wish21
    Options

A workout buddy? Can you rope any of your friends in? We're all here obviously but sometimes you do need someone physically there to help you get started. I started working out at a friends house for motivation and then we dropped down to just a 'prompt' call. Motivation does vary however so maybe you're having an off week? How about starting on a weekend when you're not working (hopefully)?

I was thinking the weekend too. Off week indeed, i just started my job monday aka the day I was supposed 2 start insanity. Im going to keep trying and not give up!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    pure cardio complete, woo! If anybody needs me i'll be in the pool! lol
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have my first pure cardio today! I'm a bit scared, haha!
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    I did Max interval training yesterday, that is a bear!! today I am going pure cardio/cardio abs as I am in a hybrid challenge group.. I LOVE the workouts.. my legs freaking hate me afterwards but tough cookies, I am not stopping... they protest each time i run up the 4 story high steps at work (18 times) and when I walk... ah well, still not going to stop... start the asylum on the 30th... can't wait!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Finished up week 3 today! Tomorrow is my rest day, then one more week for month 1!! I'm looking forward to the recovery week, I've been noticing a couple of times lately I feel exhausted party way through the workout, more like muscle fatigue - not actual inability to workout, so I power through. But, yes, definitely will need that recovery before month 2!
  • adjoa84
    Options
    Week 1 results; Had a quick peak at the scales and took my measurements from my waist and around each thigh. I'll do the proper measurements on Day 15 but so far I've lost half an inch from my waist and 0.6 inches from each thigh and my body fat is down 1% although my body weight is up slightly (1lb) I'm really pleased with my results. Will monitor my 'fat' and carb intake more closely this week and see what happens. Here's to another 7 days!

WHOOP! I'm ready to dig deeper!
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Week 1 = DONE!!! It's been a long week, but I've found that if I get up and workout 1st thing I tend work harder. I can't wait to see if Week 2 is easier...

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. :smile:
  • kvanderh
    kvanderh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I love having people who understand my pain as I'm doing these workouts ;)

I just finished week 2 today. Today was the first Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs double workout day. How are other people doing those? Just one after the other? I was so exhausted during cardio abs after doing pure cardio I was a bit disappointed in my abs performance.

I'm excited to do the fit test again now. Hopefully I improved.
  • wish21
    Options
    Just dropping in to see how everyone's doing . How's it going? I know you guys r doing so much better than I because I have yet to start. Great job on being consistent!

DECIDE.COMMIT.SUCCEED. Great job everyone!
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I just completed plyometic cardio circuit Saturday. It went all lot better than it did on Tuesday. I tried something new today. I ate 2 tbsp peanut butter before i started. It wasnt heavy in my belly and i was able to power thru with a strong finish. I am going to suck down some water then go for a swim. What is everyone doing on sunday day off. Will you be choosing something like bike riding or running or resting? I haven't decided yet but I am curious what others are doing.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Finished month one!! WOOHOO!! Now for a recovery week then on to month two...How is month two?? I'm sort of scared... Let me know!

Feel free to friend me if you need some support! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!