Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i'm starting on Monday! I love the feedback here! Thanks for sharing everybody!! Now I'm getting excited to start.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ahhh!!!! Coming up on my last week of month 1, starting..... tomorrow! Then it's on to a rest week, can't wait to see what month 2 has in store for me. I've done the month one workouts, and I've done the recovery week video before, so I am SO ready for some brand new videos to do.

What does everyone have planned when Insanity is over? Ideally, I will do some of my JM videos for a week or two and then pop back in for another round, something else for a week or two, and then a third round before going on to Chalean Extreme or Turbofire. Basically, 3 rounds of this before I'm ready to drop that much cash on a new program :)
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing Hip Hop Abs after Insanity only cause it looks like fun, haha!

I'm actually doing Power Cardio today. It was supposed to be yesterday's workout but it was just too late and I was too worn out yesterday so I used it as my rest day and decided to push the calendar a bit so I have Power Cardio today, the Plyometric Cardio tomorrow and follow the calendar as normal on Monday.

I've been putting it off all day however cause I did Bikram Yoga for the first time this morning with some friends and it kinds wiped me out! (But I didn't leave the room, even though it was tempting!)
  • kittens2713
    kittens2713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last summer I completed the entire Insanity program and lost 25 pounds! Unfortunately, a bulldozer in the form of life hit me soon after, and I gained all of my weight back.

I started the program again last week. I hate cardio recovery with a passion because I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. So instead I replace it with core cardio & balance. It's the recovery week video and while not as intense as the others, really stretches your muscles and gives a nice workout. Think of it as a bump up from cardio recovery. But whatever you do, don't just skip that day - then you have 2 relax days! And it's harder to stick to the program with 2 relax days - just come up with another activity (swimming, jogging, etc) that emphasizes a full-body cardio workout. Hope this helps and good luck! Y'all can do it!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Starting insanity monday... How many days a week should I do it for? Just starting out?
  • niki55512
    niki55512 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey!! I'm on week three, and honestly just starting out you should try to do the workouts every day that its planned. You will not be able to do the videos full out, but that is absolutely ok. Its more important to get used to the daily routine so your body can learn to adjust to becoming so active. The first week- my heart pounded really hard and I got very out of breath, but now I am actually able to push through the whole workout with much more ease. I can already see my muscles begin to tone:) Your rate of progress will increase as your capacity for cardio improves, allowing you to work your muscles harder and burn more calories.
  • LariRB
    LariRB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    confession time.:embarassed: I havent even started Insanity!! I just havent been having enough energy. I work at a daycare From 9 to 6. And when I get home all I wanna do is sit and watch tv/computer. I keep saying tmrw tmrw thmrw. But it never happens. Any advice? I tried the am workouts and I just dont have any strength I am so tired. I know I just need to get off my butt and do something!!!

A workout buddy? Can you rope any of your friends in? We're all here obviously but sometimes you do need someone physically there to help you get started. I started working out at a friends house for motivation and then we dropped down to just a 'prompt' call. Motivation does vary however so maybe you're having an off week? How about starting on a weekend when you're not working (hopefully)?

Maybe if you plan to workout in the morning before going to work?? That way you can get it out the way, and once you get over the initial workout fatigue, you may have more energy throughout the day.
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips for keeping your core tight? I'm about to start week 3 and still can't seem to get that part down.
  • niki55512
    niki55512 Posts: 2
    Options
    ^Yeah!! Posture plays a huge role in being able to keep your core tight. Keep your shoulders rolled back and sternum lifted so your core becomes elongated and you can take deeper breaths. That way your core will become engaged easier!:)
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 9 complete! I acutally dislike Pure Cardio my least favourite workout but you know what? I'm still go push push play! Got awesome results in Week 1 so hoping for even better results for week 2 :-)
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    I would agree! Typically speaking, working out in the morning is a great motivator for the rest of the day. You feel more energetic, and you actually burn more calories throughout the day, even when dormant. Working out in the evening adds stress to a body that is already tired. I can almost guarantee that it is just gettin into a routine. You could work out at 3am, and as long as you allow your body to adjust, it will feel normal after a little while. The hardest part is getting out of bed, when you could just as easy sleep in another hour and a half. Get into a routine. The hardest part about working out is getting up. GET UP! Salut----Josh
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would agree! Typically speaking, working out in the morning is a great motivator for the rest of the day. You feel more energetic, and you actually burn more calories throughout the day, even when dormant. Working out in the evening adds stress to a body that is already tired. I can almost guarantee that it is just gettin into a routine. You could work out at 3am, and as long as you allow your body to adjust, it will feel normal after a little while. The hardest part is getting out of bed, when you could just as easy sleep in another hour and a half. Get into a routine. The hardest part about working out is getting up. GET UP! Salut----Josh

Thank you! Very helpful and I love the advice and sterness;))
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do the upper body weight training Dvd that came w the deluxe version in addition to cardio recovery. It actually makes me feel like I worked out!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ah, guess what i a doing? Getting prepared for tmrw morning. Yep thats right Insanity!!!
  • fatjax1
    fatjax1 Posts: 5
    Options
    We are starting week 3 of Insanity. Feel free to like us on our Facebook page. We can use all the help and support we can get!

http://www.facebook.com/TeamFatGirl?sk=page_insights
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4. To be honest,I am getting alittle bored with the workout, so I am looking forward to being in recovery week next week. I have heard that the second month is when a lot of changes occur and I cannot wait.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen improvements but I am excited to get to the second month!
    Kelley
  • fatjax1
    fatjax1 Posts: 5
    Options
    We are starting week 3 and taking our measurements tonight.....hoping all the sweat,tears, and throwing up(yes...that was our day 1 lol) has paid off so far!!!!

Has anyone seen much weight loss/inches lost after their first 2 weeks??

Http://www.facebook.com/TeamFatGirl?=page_insights
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We are starting week 3 and taking our measurements tonight.....hoping all the sweat,tears, and throwing up(yes...that was our day 1 lol) has paid off so far!!!!

Has anyone seen much weight loss/inches lost after their first 2 weeks??

Http://www.facebook.com/TeamFatGirl?=page_insights

I lost 0.5 inches for my waist and each thigh after Day 7 and as of today Day i'm down 1lb. Started at 130lb. Will update weight and do full stats on Day 15
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! I tried to start Insanity last Thursday, I did the first workout. Really enjoyed it but had to stop several times and catch my breath throught out which I expected. I woke up Friday morning and OMG...I could hardly get out of bed and literally had to crawl down the stairs. I've never ever been so sore after a workout, my calves were the WORST I was popping Tylenol all day, I don't usually do that... By Saturday I could function a little better so I did a 3 mile walk and yesterday I did a Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout. I really want to start Insanity, but I am scared out of my wits! If I try and start it again tonight will the soreness come back tomorrow like it did last time? I don't mind a little soreness, makes me feel like I'm done something good, but I can't handle it to the point of pain....
  • kvanderh
    kvanderh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started week three yesterday. I'm going on vacation for the week and don't expect to be able to work out everyday, so I skipped the rest day, did the fit test and then did plyo today before leaving for my flight.

The first two weeks have been pretty great for me though! I've lost two pounds, and half an inch each on waist, hips and bust. And my second fit test results were quite a bit better than the first one. Super happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!