Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• fatjax1
    fatjax1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome I can't wait to see ur inches lost. The scale isn't moving too much and it makes me a little nervous since I have about 80 pounds to lose in 7 months. I have committed to the 60 days and know I will need to do several rounds of it. Here's to a new healthy sexy body :)
  • fatjax1
    fatjax1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I tried to start Insanity last Thursday, I did the first workout. Really enjoyed it but had to stop several times and catch my breath throught out which I expected. I woke up Friday morning and OMG...I could hardly get out of bed and literally had to crawl down the stairs. I've never ever been so sore after a workout, my calves were the WORST I was popping Tylenol all day, I don't usually do that... By Saturday I could function a little better so I did a 3 mile walk and yesterday I did a Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout. I really want to start Insanity, but I am scared out of my wits! If I try and start it again tonight will the soreness come back tomorrow like it did last time? I don't mind a little soreness, makes me feel like I'm done something good, but I can't handle it to the point of pain....

Are you stretching before and after the workout? Soreness is an everyday thing for us.... But not so bad that it hurts to walk.....and we are pretty heavy and out of shape.

What we do is vow to finish the entire workout....we do have to alter some of the moves so not to blow out our knees....and we go at our own pace.....we are still dripping and crying by the end of it.... But have been able to do it without a day missed. I hope this helps you..... Oh yah... Icy hot is nice too ;)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Day 1, week 2, WOOHOO! Cardio Power and Resistance. I felt a lot stronger today than when I did it last Wednesday. I think a big part of it is eating the exercise calories gives me the extra energy I need to power thru. I did my Monday morning weigh in and I am down 2 pounds from when I started.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 today. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I think I would have been destroyed if I tried it without having done month 1 first, but it was manageable, with stops to rest here and there of course. I lost a total of 6 pounds in the first five weeks, my goal is to match that or lose more in the next four weeks. I haven't lost many inches yet... actually gained a half inch around my calves!! All that jumping I guess.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I'm starting week two of month two in a bit!

Anyone else doing this with no intention of losing weight? Have you seen results yet?
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 today. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I think I would have been destroyed if I tried it without having done month 1 first, but it was manageable, with stops to rest here and there of course. I lost a total of 6 pounds in the first five weeks, my goal is to match that or lose more in the next four weeks. I haven't lost many inches yet... actually gained a half inch around my calves!! All that jumping I guess.

That is good to hear, Im starting month two next week, just finished month one. I was feeling kind of intimidated. I have also gained a whole inch in my calves so far! I havent lost any weight yet though I have lost inches else where. Just gunna keep on keeping on and hope for some more loses!
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 2 today. The soreness will get better. I was the same way, but I went ahead and did each day as suggested in the plan outline and it does get better. I still have some soreness, but nothing like the 1st two days. Keep going -- stay strong!! Good Luck!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 done! I am loving Insanity!!:smile:
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Week 3 month 1 for me.....
  • Mhhenderson
    Options
    Insanity Friends ~ Another question. This is month 1, week 2 for me and I'm wondering did you all change your MFP goals to increase your activity level when you began Insanity? I still have my activity level set at "light activity" and I think Insanity qualifies as more activity... :laugh: I'm not sure if it makes a difference if I increase my activity level and MFP gives me more daily calories to eat or if I just leave it as is (1200) and just eat back my exercise calories. Thoughts and/or suggestions?
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2, pure cardio. I can feel my endurance improving. Very happy with my performance today and I feel great afterwards.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Week 2 today. I am not looking forward to it but I will push play anyway :) I just hope I dont die lol.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    Day 2 of Week 2 today. I am not looking forward to it but I will push play anyway :) I just hope I dont die lol.

lol
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Week 3 month 1 for me.....

wooohoooo!
  • musicisamust
    Options
    I am on week two day two myself. I find that workout is easy but its there for your body to recover. I would not skip or do something else in place of this workout. The program was designed with this work out in place and therefore I don't think you will see the proper results. I feel like this work out is good for toning your muscles it’s kind of like yoga in my opinion.

Hope this helps (:
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    HI, I just finished week one day 5 today. Can i still join the group>?
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 2 for me as well. Pure cardio was killer for me today cause I did a 90 minute Bikram yoga class after work with a friend. Got home, let myself rest for about 2 hours and them dragged my sorry *kitten* over for this cardio madness. My legs were like "wtf are you doing?" so I found it harder to push as hard. Still sweated up a storm and got through it though!

I think I like Pure Cardio the best cause the sets don't repeat.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Insanity Friends ~ Another question. This is month 1, week 2 for me and I'm wondering did you all change your MFP goals to increase your activity level when you began Insanity? I still have my activity level set at "light activity" and I think Insanity qualifies as more activity... :laugh: I'm not sure if it makes a difference if I increase my activity level and MFP gives me more daily calories to eat or if I just leave it as is (1200) and just eat back my exercise calories. Thoughts and/or suggestions?

I just went according to the insanity guide and therefore havent changed much in terms of my settings. I just calculated my calories according to the forumula I went of medium active rather than high which gave me around 1650 calories so I aim for around there i'm also trying to stick as close to the recommended 40 40 20 split as possible, still a struggle to keep my carbs and fat down but I'm on week 2 and already see an improvement food wise from week 1. Still struggling to get in enough protein however but ill get there. HTH
  • Mhhenderson
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I just realized yesterday that my net calories are no where close to 1200 so I need to up my intake. My goal today is to revamp my meals/snacks and get in more (healthy) calories. I think for about a week I've only been netting about 800 or 900 calories -- probably the reason I'm not seeing any lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!