Howdy from Texas

Options
124»

Replies

• kNEWBrenda
    kNEWBrenda Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    San Antonio. Moved here back in 2001 because of all the family owned Mexican restaurants. That ended up being a problem....about 50 to 60 extra pounds worth of problem for me. That's probably the biggest challenge for me now: keeping a healthy control on tacos, enchiladas, frijoles, tostadas, aros con pollo and all the other dishes this city is famous for.

^
    ^

Darn ....... I think I gained a few pounds just reading your list of Mexican favorites ROFL

Best of luck on your journey !
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    North Houston says hello!
  • caffeinified
    caffeinified Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Lubbock! Good luck with sticking to the plan! :)
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    Great job so far! Welcome to the community!!! If you want some support from Austin, feel free to add me.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    San Antonio. Moved here back in 2001 because of all the family owned Mexican restaurants. That ended up being a problem....about 50 to 60 extra pounds worth of problem for me. That's probably the biggest challenge for me now: keeping a healthy control on tacos, enchiladas, frijoles, tostadas, aros con pollo and all the other dishes this city is famous for.

I am from San Antonio and currently living in FL, I could have never lost the weight I have if I still lived there. But I can not wait to go back and have some good ol mexican food!
    Which restraunts does your family own?
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love San Antonio! One of my fav. cities to visit but you're right, those Mexican restaurants can get ya. I can gain 3lbs just going to San Antonio for a weekend trip :/

I live about 3 hrs away.............San Angelo, TX :)
  • sparksshannon
    sparksshannon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Ho from Austin! Way to go on your Weight Loss!
  • amandaxay
    amandaxay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello from Pearland.
  • mrsbuttler
    mrsbuttler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    born and raised north and east of dallas but live in corpus christi tx
    33786406.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Kansas!!! I have a confession....im addicted to mexican food...and reading your post made me want some. :) BUT thats why i have myfitness pal, to motivate me to stay away from it lol!