Counting how many chips you eat??

Options
Does anyone else count chips if you eat them? If it says 50 chips is 120 calories, I always count out the number of chips I want to eat then put the bag away. lol..does anyone else do this?? I know chips are bad but i crave a lil junk food sometimes.

Replies

• twhitney71
    Options
    Absolutely! How else would I keep up with how many I've eaten?!
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Stopped eating chips due to a major jaw surgery (two months of mush, last three weeks just barely chewing) I don't even want them. Strange huh? Before that I used to eye it.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Don't really eat chips except the occasional single serving bag but I do with almonds, cashews etc.
  • GrandmaCarole
    GrandmaCarole Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, and that is the only way to do it. I eat dried apricots. Healthy, yes. But I could keep on munching if I don't count them and put them on a plate or in a baggie. I am not a chip craver but I really have to avoid chocolate fudge or cakes. In fact, that was why I started eating the dried apricots--to get my mind off chocolate.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    american or international chips? makes a bit of a difference!
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Yes. :~( And it's damn depressing to only get to eat fourteen chips!
  • rekka24
    rekka24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup do the same thing lol. Do u ever worry cus some are bigger than others lol?
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I count my chips out as well at first they laughed at me,and now i have everyone else in my house counting chips now.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Mexican food, and when you go out for Mexican they always serve the chips and salsa on the house. I've been known (not recently!) to eat an entire basket just by myself...so now when we go out for Mexican, I definitely count my chips!
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    heck yes! i count and weigh as much as i can! a serving of chips is WAY smaller that what it would seem to be. :noway:
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, and Yes! And I've gotten so good at it that I can basically grab 14 chips by sight in one try...LOL!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I count every chip. I also count my peanuts (39 whole peanuts = 160 calories).
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh absolutely everything I eat. I trust that more than I do counting.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I count. I had 7 today! :smile:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yup do the same thing lol. Do u ever worry cus some are bigger than others lol?

Thats why you go by weight. I dont count mine but I weigh them.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I count every chip, cracker and peanut :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I weigh them rather than count the chips because I end up taking all the big ones!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no :laugh:

i rarely buy chips and if i do then i know it's just going to eat the entire bag. the way i avoid doing too much damage is to only buy the 99 cents size bag or 2-3 of the quarter sized bag if i want a few different flavors.

at this stage there are still some things i cant have large quantities of in my cupboards
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Yes and i want to know which chips you buy that give you 50 chips for 120 calories! I want those!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would count them or weigh the serving. I bought a simple digital scale recently and I love it. it keeps me honest.. I feel I need to do this cause if I understood potion control I probably wouldn't need to lose weight. if I am out or away from home I am forced to guess but the rest of the time I measure. I also log before I eat so I can make adjustement if needed. I don't want any surprises by having to do an extra workout to burn unneeded calories. good practice for when this weight loss thing turns to maintenance.