Counting how many chips you eat??

Options

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yup, thats why they say you can eat basically what you want but within reason :)
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    Yep, Ive always counted them even before I started really watching my calories my mother always made fun of me but otherwise I would eat the whole bag easily. Now its just a habit I count or measure almost everything I eat unless I'm having like a splurge day and im out with friends or something.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't eat enough to make even half a serving.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Usually, yep. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll just grab a handful. I have teeny tiny hands, so I've noticed if I grab a handful that's usually less than a serving anyway. :p
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been counting just about everything lately. It's starting to feel obsessive.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes. Or sometimes, I only let myself eat one.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    why not just weigh them? it's quicker, doesn't look as bad and is going to be more accurate as the size of each seperate one will muck it up.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When out an about I count things likes crackers (not much of a chip person) but at home I weigh them. It makes me feel better to know that I'm sticking to the right portion.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    chips, crackers, candy, cookies... if it has a pieces count for servings, I count them out.
  • NABrightEyes
    Options
    Count them no.....WEIGH them yes! I find that weighing them give a more accurate read of what I am consuming.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't eat chips, but I do count my almonds out. 28 are one serving, then I put the can back
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yep I actualy have little re-uable baggies that after I get home from shopping I will take the big bag of chips and split the entire thing into single portion bags so that I can just grab one when I want it and not have to worrie about counting each time. Makes for a long day after shopping but its working well for my family as I do this with everything (chicken , frozen vegies and fruit , nuts and so on)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Count them no.....WEIGH them yes! I find that weighing them give a more accurate read of what I am consuming.

Yep, no guess work.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yes and i want to know which chips you buy that give you 50 chips for 120 calories! I want those!

Hahaha! Me too!!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I count chips.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yup! Otherwise how would you know how many calories you eat? Sometimes I'll eat half the amount so I can also have something else instead of so many chips. Mmm.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    haha yess! i totally do this, I try not to eat them, but once in a while i'll buy the big bag and that is what I do.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Yes. :~( And it's damn depressing to only get to eat fourteen chips!
    That's why I like to buy the bite size tortilla chips. Somehow one ounce with 20 chips seems like a lot more than one ounce with 11, or whatever serving size is. lol
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Yes. :~( And it's damn depressing to only get to eat fourteen chips!

^^this

But I usually only eat Special K cracker chips, and only eat half of the serving (27-30 chips = 110 cals)
  • Randyfat2fit
    Randyfat2fit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! at least when I first started MFP, I have stopped eating them all together in an attempt to win an ipad at work for a weight loss challenge.

MFP really helped me pay attention to how fast the calories can add up.

I became ashamed of myself when I remembered eating half a bag of Lays BBQ chips, just between Walmart and home (only 2 miles and possibly over 600 empty calories - ouch!!)

I haved used that shame and awareness to motivate me to watch what I eat, and that means counting.